looking for a better gun gelt

jg1967

I have tried normal belts which are too thing and a Blackhawk gun belt which is too thick (I have to slide my holster off the belt when I get to work). Any ideas?

I have tried normal belts which are too thing and a Blackhawk gun belt which is too thick (I have to slide my holster off the belt when I get to work). Any ideas?

I think it's your holster that should be in question. Won't even address a regular belt, gun belts HAVE to be very thick. What are you carrying and how are you carrying it? What exactly is the issue? The fact that you must remove for work? I'll assume your carrying IWB, even with a gun belt you shouldn't have to slide it off. But again impossible to make suggestions without know what holster you have.

It would depend on the slot size of your holster. If they are 1 3/4" you could try one of these Link Removed
I have one and it works great with a couple of my holsters.
For my holsters that have slots too small for that I use one of these Link Removed

Correct, I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster which is OWB. I like it and it's reasonably easy to slide on and off a normal belt. Basically what I am looking for is sort of an in between belt, not a whimpy dress belt but not quite the dinosaur hide thickness of an all out gunbelt. If there is such a thing. It would all be easier if I could just leave it on all day long but alas, no such luck.

Correct, I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster which is OWB. I like it and it's reasonably easy to slide on and off a normal belt. Basically what I am looking for is sort of an in between belt, not a whimpy dress belt but not quite the dinosaur hide thickness of an all out gunbelt. If there is such a thing. It would all be easier if I could just leave it on all day long but alas, no such luck.

Have you tried using the paddle in place of the belt loop? I keep saying I'll try mine but too lazy to put it on. Personally I don't see how that can be comfortable but I know a lot of people use it. Why not just carry with tuckable IWB at work?

Have you tried using the paddle in place of the belt loop? I keep saying I'll try mine but too lazy to put it on. Personally I don't see how that can be comfortable but I know a lot of people use it. Why not just carry with tuckable IWB at work?

Because people at work already know that I have a CCW permit. If I got caught carrying at work I would be fired so quickly my head would be spinning.

I looked at the paddle and tried it but while it's nice that it stays in place so well once situated it also means that it's a B&&&& to get back put to take it off.

Because people at work already know that I have a CCW permit. If I got caught carrying at work I would be fired so quickly my head would be spinning.

I looked at the paddle and tried it but while it's nice that it stays in place so well once situated it also means that it's a B&&&& to get back put to take it off.

Thats BS, I feel for ya......SmartCarry? What state are you in?

Tucker Gun Leather

I had one made by them that is double leather with velcro on the inside for my
C-Tac IWB holsters with Velcro tabs. Great belt and not much different from
a dress belt too look at.

Link Removed

Maybe off subject but have you considered a paddle holster? I like 'em because they can be put on and taken off with a minimum of fuss and fit on/around pretty much any belt. Just a thought.

Maybe off subject but have you considered a paddle holster? I like 'em because they can be put on and taken off with a minimum of fuss and fit on/around pretty much any belt. Just a thought.

I have tried some paddles but to me it seemed like they are rather hard to take off?

I have tried some paddles but to me it seemed like they are rather hard to take off?

Usually if you pull straight out then up, they slip right out. Regardless, they are easier to put on and off than taking your belt off and putting it back on. Most stores will let you try a paddle holster on for size. Then again, if a paddle holster is not your thing...that's cool.

Check out Galco's SB3 series belts. They look somewhat like a dress belt as they have a tapered or feathered edge. The SB3s come in 1.5 inch widths. If you decide to buy one, be careful to order the correct size. My true waist size is 38 inches, so I ordered a size 38 belt. After mounting a holster and a mag pouch, the belt buckled with only one spare hole remaining. Other than that, it's an excellent belt and it doesn't scream gun belt.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back