Looking at a new gun and want some feedback...

+1 on the Beretta Px4 compact 9mm....

Thank you so much for all of your input!!! I have now narrowed my search down to the Beretta Px4 subcompact and a Glock 19. Still in consideration are the XDM and the CZ P07 but have really in my mind narrowed it down to the Beretta and the Glock, planning to buy them both eventually but trying to decide on which to get first. Again thank you for all your help in weighing in on this decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennydale that's exactly how I feel, I've owned striker fired weapons and have no problem trusting them but most of my training and experience is with 1911s and I would love another striker fired weapon one day but I just feel like the DA/SA option is a better fit for me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Link Removed

That's funny. I've trained mostly on Glocks and just sold my Sig P238 (BUG) for a Glock 42. My EDC is a G22.

I found at the range when I drew from the holster, I didn't click off the external safety. I had done this on more than one occasion.

I love the Sig, don't get me wrong. It's one heck of a gun and a real tack driver. But, because of my training, I can't handle anything with an external safety.

To the OP... take this to heart. If you are trained with external safeties, you can get away with either, but if you've trained hard without one... don't get one. Muscle memory is a bi+ch

I love the Sig, don't get me wrong. It's one heck of a gun and a real tack driver. But, because of my training, I can't handle anything with an external safety.

To the OP... take this to heart. If you are trained with external safeties, you can get away with either, but if you've trained hard without one... don't get one. Muscle memory is a bi+ch

Exactly why I leave the safety on my Shield off. Not sure why it has one in the first place... other M&P models have the option of no external safety. If there's ever a Shield without one, I'm getting that.

Looking at getting a new gun and have narrowed it down to about 10 options. I have looked up every pro review on all of these but I trust you guys and wanted some feedback from you especially if you own one or more of these guns. Now my intentions for the gun are multifaceted it will be a carry option and home defense as well as fun at the range as are all of my guns. Currently my EDC is a 1911 commander 45 ACP so size and weight aren't really an issue for carrying, I live in an open carry state and both open and conceal carry and I make my own holsters so accessory availability isn't an issue either and for these reasons it's been hard for me to narrow down. I would like to keep it under $600 and I would like a 9mm as I don't currently own one. I would like a rail but it's not a deal breaker. Also not a deal breaker but I do prefer DA/SA however I have owned striker fired firearms before and am not opposed. And on that note, I would like a great trigger of course but I have owned the Sigma so I don't mind a less than stellar trigger and do a lot of my own smithing as I am a machinist and have built a few guns myself so if that takes a little work I don't mind. So here it goes...

Glock (26 possibly) have never owned a Glock and would like to one day,
CZ P07 Duty Again never owned a CZ and have always heard great things about them
Berreta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II 9mm
Springfield XD9801HCSP06 9mm
Springfield XDM 9mm
Tisas Zigana Sport (was kinda leary of an unknown brand but have read reviews and watched videos and have kinda fallen in love with this one although it is HUGE)
Canik Stingray CZ clone with great reviews
FN FNX-9
CZ 75 P-01
S&W M&P 9 compact
Honorable mention
Wather PPQ but this one is a little steep and on the higher end of my price range.

And if there are any other suggestions I am very open to something I might not have thought of or considered so far but this list is after a lot of deliberation... of course one day I would love to own all of them but one at a time and all are viable options. I would love to hear any positive or negative feedback that you may have from hands on experience with any of the guns... Thank you guys so much for your help! You guys are awesome!
I have 2 Ruger CMDs. One is in 9mm and the other is 45 ACP. Both shoot very well. I just bought a Tisas 1911 9mm. It is full-size and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I had a SDS 1911A1 in 45 ACP. I felt it shot very well. I don't believe you would go wrong with either one of them.
Looking at getting a new gun and have narrowed it down to about 10 options. I have looked up every pro review on all of these but I trust you guys and wanted some feedback from you especially if you own one or more of these guns. Now my intentions for the gun are multifaceted it will be a carry option and home defense as well as fun at the range as are all of my guns. Currently my EDC is a 1911 commander 45 ACP so size and weight aren't really an issue for carrying, I live in an open carry state and both open and conceal carry and I make my own holsters so accessory availability isn't an issue either and for these reasons it's been hard for me to narrow down. I would like to keep it under $600 and I would like a 9mm as I don't currently own one. I would like a rail but it's not a deal breaker. Also not a deal breaker but I do prefer DA/SA however I have owned striker fired firearms before and am not opposed. And on that note, I would like a great trigger of course but I have owned the Sigma so I don't mind a less than stellar trigger and do a lot of my own smithing as I am a machinist and have built a few guns myself so if that takes a little work I don't mind. So here it goes...

Glock (26 possibly) have never owned a Glock and would like to one day,
CZ P07 Duty Again never owned a CZ and have always heard great things about them
Berreta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact 9mm
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II 9mm
Springfield XD9801HCSP06 9mm
Springfield XDM 9mm
Tisas Zigana Sport (was kinda leary of an unknown brand but have read reviews and watched videos and have kinda fallen in love with this one although it is HUGE)
Canik Stingray CZ clone with great reviews
FN FNX-9
CZ 75 P-01
S&W M&P 9 compact
Honorable mention
Wather PPQ but this one is a little steep and on the higher end of my price range.

And if there are any other suggestions I am very open to something I might not have thought of or considered so far but this list is after a lot of deliberation... of course one day I would love to own all of them but one at a time and all are viable options. I would love to hear any positive or negative feedback that you may have from hands on experience with any of the guns... Thank you guys so much for your help! You guys are awesome!
I have 2 Ruger LW CMD. One in 9mm and 1 in 45 ACP. Both shoot very well. I just got a Tisas Service model 1911 (full-size) in 9mm. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I did have a SDS 1911A1 US Army. It shot very well. I don't believe you would go wrong with any of these brands ( the only thing is how much do you want to pay for them).

Attachments

• Ruger SR1911 LW 45 ACP.jpg
    Ruger SR1911 LW 45 ACP.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson