Look what happened in California today

bernardbarker

It seems our rights are after all being protected: Link Removed

SAN FRANCISCO -- In a significant victory for gun owners, a divided federal appeals court Thursday struck down California rules that permit counties to restrict as they see fit the right to carry a concealed weapon in public.

The 2-1 ruling by a U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals panel would overturn restrictions on carrying concealed handguns, primarily affecting California's most populated regions, including Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco.

The Federal Appeals Court stepped in for us..

As long as you don't live in SF or LA you should be OK. I'm not sure if SF has issued any permits, but a couple of years ago, they issued 1 (One).

Did hell just freeze over? I grew up in SoCal, 40+ years, and never thought this day would come. What is happening in LA County regarding permit issuing?

Yeah I was just wondering that?

Are we reaching a point where people can legally CCW while walking the fabled LA streets without breaking any laws? That would be kinda cool.

I never thought the 9th Circus would ever do this! Perhaps there is hope for our country!!!
The fed courts in NY threw-out the same argument. They ruled counties could restrict the carrying of a gun in Westchester County to certain times or places. We need consistency in the rulings.

I'm in Yolo County. Our sheriff was one of the two sued. But he's still not budging. A stupid politician who thinks he knows better then his constituents.

Sent from my Xoom using USA Carry mobile app

So does this mean LA County will be forced to open up concealed carry licensing, similar to what Orange and Ventura have already done? If so, does anyone have inside information on the timeline?

The fed courts in NY threw-out the same argument. They ruled counties could restrict the carrying of a gun in Westchester County to certain times or places. We need consistency in the rulings.

FYI: New York is one of about 6 states that DO NOT HAVE a 'right to keep and bear arms' provision in their STATE Constitution.

Uh, I REALLY hate to rain on your parade, but:

The 2-1 "divided" vote means that was a THREE-JUDGE "panel" (not the FULL 9th Circuit) that ruled on the case. There will UNDOUBTEDLY BE an appeal, during which time the 'panel decision' will be suspended (like it never even happened) and the case will be brought before the FULL 9th Circuit Court. Good Luck.

If you live in Kern County, the sheriff's office is VERY friendly about helping you fill out the paperwork. You need to renew every two years, but that's just to collect some revenue.

There has already been an "en banc" appeal before (I believe) 11 of the justices on the 9th circuit. It is now in their hands and, now, months later, still no ruling. The California Rifle and Pistol Association keeps an eye on these things. You might consider checking them out. Also, there is a complete video of the appeal hearing on the 9th Circuits website.
Uh, I REALLY hate to rain on your parade, but:

The 2-1 "divided" vote means that was a THREE-JUDGE "panel" (not the FULL 9th Circuit) that ruled on the case. There will UNDOUBTEDLY BE an appeal, during which time the 'panel decision' will be suspended (like it never even happened) and the case will be brought before the FULL 9th Circuit Court. Good Luck.

As of 5-2016 still only one. And the local government says they will not issue for personal protection. The entire Peninsulas the same way. San Francisco has also been known to confiscate guns of concealed carry license holders and tell you to go to court to get it back.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back