look at this no ccw sign

thomasres

i found this on a door at a local business

index.cfm

Last edited:
If you come across a business that has no CCW signs posted than go inside, introduce yourself to the owner and show them the money in your pocket and inform them that you will never spend one penny of it in their establishment and you will tell everybody you know not to frequent their establishment as it is too dangerous for the average citizen to patronize unless they have an armed guard present.

Then get a bunch of friends to do the same thing and do when they have a lot of customers inside and do it loudly.

If you come across a business that has no CCW signs posted than go inside, introduce yourself to the owner and show them the money in your pocket and inform them that you will never spend one penny of it in their establishment and you will tell everybody you know not to frequent their establishment as it is too dangerous for the average citizen to patronize unless they have an armed guard present.
Then get a bunch of friends to do the same thing and do when they have a lot of customers inside and do it loudly.

Good idea, but remember the guards would be there to protect store property, not customers, so you would still be unprotected. Stay out of the store until they remove the signs. 15 minutes taking down stupid signs is cheaper than hiring a guard anyway.

i found this on a door at a local business

Link Removed

It looks like you linked the pic from a web mail site. that's probably the reason it's not showing up.

Code:
Web Site http://webmail.att.net/wmc/en-

URL  US/v/wm/49AA01B9000A92650000156F22243429029B0A02D2089B9A019C04040A0DBF9C030E9C03019B/0228091429.jpg?cmd=GetImg&a=4&no=19&uid=6126&sid=c0&name=0228091429.jpg

send it to me and I'll post it.

let's give this a try (but I can tell you straight out it ain't legal)

Link Removed

That sign is not even close to meeting the requirements. Tell the shop owner if he wants to ban concealed weapons in his store he should follow the guidelines for sign requirements ... and that he won't be getting any more of your business.

Only on your own property and during hunting or fishing. There is a bill in works to allow open carry.

Belay that, Lowvolt!

That sign is not even close to meeting the requirements. Tell the shop owner if he wants to ban concealed weapons in his store he should follow the guidelines for sign requirements ... and that he won't be getting any more of your business.

Actually, I wouldn't say a word, and I would continue to carry inside. I might not patronize the store, but I would continue to visit on a regular basis while packing. If the sign is not legal, then it is not illegal for you to carry.

:biggrin:

16-11-620 is the no trespass law from what i was told
that sighn is on the fron door at the franklin financial in easley sc i passed by one day and seen it so wanted to get it on here to see what you all thank

If you don't do business with them, you don't have anything to lose by un-arming yourself and going in and discussing the sign with the management....

I'd tell them it is an insult to any law abiding citizen that has a permit and most won't do business with them including you... and besides that any one who has a permit knows that the sign is not legal and just shows they are idiots twice over

Now on the off chance they actually want a dialog and ask your opinion... I'd suggest you tell them to replace the sign with one that says... No illegal weapons allowed. This way they can feel safe, because no bank robber will come in with a gun or knife once they put that sign up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NO... NO......NO!
We don't want to advertise that sign requirements are specified by law - that serves no purpose other than to make more business' look for the law and find legal signs.
Telling the owner/manager (politely) that the sign means that you will spend your money elsewhere is fine - but PLEASE don't refer to the legal requirements. There are very few legal signs that we know of, and we would like to keep it that way...

Howard

Does S.C. allow open carry????? :biggrin:

Only on your own property and during hunting or fishing. There is a bill in works to allow open carry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

<snipped?

(3) members, or their invited guests, of organizations authorized by law to purchase or receive firearms from the United States or this State or regularly enrolled members, or their invited guests, of clubs organized for the purpose of target shooting or collecting modern and antique firearms while these members, or their invited guests, are at or going to or from their places of target practice or their shows and exhibits;

(4) licensed hunters or fishermen who are engaged in hunting or fishing or going to or from their places of hunting or fishing while in a vehicle or on foot;
<snipped>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While somewhat confusing, I teach my classes that if you belong to a club then open carry is legal while going to/from it. Seems to rule out the trip to a friend's back 40 for some "social shooting". Have not been able to get a clarification on stops (gas, etc.,) in between. My advise is to avoid it unless you're very friendly with the local constabulary.

Howard

The to and from is from your vehicle to the area and back to the vehicle. Once you leave the area that you hunt or fish then with out a CWP your gun goes back to the approriate areas. Glove Box, Center Console, Trunk.

This is how a DNR officer explained it to me. He also said even though you can do that they recommend not showing the gun while you are loading or launching the boat to avoid problems with those who may not know the laws. Cause I was carrying mine in my hand to my boat and he saw me.
But most hunting situations no one will complain you got a handgun on your side.

To answer the other Question. you can open carry on your own property. Also at your buddies property to shoot with his permission.

I wonder if they have any idea of just how much buisiness they are losing by posting such a sign??

why would it matter to them if they are concealed anyway??

Proves that there isn't a shortage of stupid people in the world

The to and from is from your vehicle to the area and back to the vehicle. Once you leave the area that you hunt or fish then with out a CWP your gun goes back to the approriate areas. Glove Box, Center Console, Trunk.

This is how a DNR officer explained it to me. He also said even though you can do that they recommend not showing the gun while you are loading or launching the boat to avoid problems with those who may not know the laws. Cause I was carrying mine in my hand to my boat and he saw me.
But most hunting situations no one will complain you got a handgun on your side.

To answer the other Question. you can open carry on your own property. Also at your buddies property to shoot with his permission.

==================================================
Please refer to (4) in my post.
Many LE (especially DNR) do NOT know the laws... and what they "recommend" is too often their personal feelings or lack ofknowledge.

Howard

Listen, let me explain something and afterwards, I hope I am not hated by everyone on here.....

Don't do what the above post suggests, first of all it will get you no where, second of all, did you ever think that it may not be the person behind the counter that put that sign up there and they could care less??

Let me explain....I myself am a CWP holder in both SC and NH....I work for a company (will not say which one) that has signs (albeit illegal) that say no concealed weapons allowed. Now, do I agree? NO!! If it were up to me, those signs would be ripped down in a second! But, do to the fact that I work for a Corporate owned business, I do not have that choice or option! So, if someone came up to me yelling at me about some BS sign hanging in the window, I'd probably want to punch them in the throat to shut them up! Seriously though, think about what you;re saying. Do as someone else suggested, either don't go there, OR, continue to carry and keep your mouth shut, knowing you are within your rights legally.

Would I say anything to someone who carries in my business if I knew they were carrying? Hell no! But at the same time, I cannot just go ripping down signs off of the entrances either!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back