Long Guns of Choice

E

echo_5

Being a former Marine, I prefer an AR type "black rifle". In keeping with my minimalist approach to weapons accessories are kept to a minimum. Only an EOTech on a dominator mount, verticle foregrip, ambi safety select, and skeleton stock with a single pooint sling 'cuz colapsibles are illegal in CT. From CQ out to 200 its wicked fast into action.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

If I could only have one!

I would have to go with the AK 47. It is not as pretty as the AR 15, but the ugly AK will work when all other has jammed and shut down. If could not get my hands on the AK, a shotgun of any size or shape will do quite well:D.

Got a nifty little JC Higgins 12-ga pump. Old as the hills but it's been going "Bang-slickety-Bang" without a hiccup since I was 12. It was well-used then, and that's a long time ago!

For more modern (and more distant) applications I'd like to have a Bushmaster. Or an M14 -or- Garand.

Hey...as long as I'm dreamin'!

If I only had one Of my own it would be rem 7400 in 3006 with 20 round mags. All listed above are good and ak is high on the list.

Definitely an AR-15. They are dead accurate and if you get one from a quality mnufacturer, and if you know how to take care of it you won't have any problems. I wouldn't mind having an AK, but I wouldn't give up one of my AR's for one.

Definitely my AR's! You just can't beat an AR, you can put just about anything on it. For a little longer range and knock down power I just use my AR with a 223 X 6mm (6X45) barrel. I load mine with 100gn Speer FMJBT. It will do the job.

For the sake of practicality, ease of use, reliability, and cost, nothing beats a Mossberg Persuader 12 gauge pump.

If I could only have one

I would just have to go with a medium caliber rifle. Probably the Remington 700 series in 30-06 with a decent scope rigged out. Because, HEY, sometimes you just might need to reach waaay out and touch something, my handguns would have to handle the close-in security.

...but do we have to be practical?

I can't imagine why, but I'll go for a larger bore rifle than the .223 or 7.62:

HiP995b.jpg

Behold--my designated zombie rifle.:eek: And, believe it or not, it is dependable!

Now it's your turn to be ridiculous...:D

I would agree with most of you but.... my goal is to have atleast one firearm to cover the more popular cal. that most bad guys (BG) would have....i.e. 7.62x39, .223, 30-06, 9mm, .45, 12ga. This makes getting your hands on ammo a little easier. Lets say BG goes down and leaves some spare ammo;) Like the old saying goes.." we have a lifetime of guns but only a year worth of ammo".

LONG GUN OF CHOICE

Urban Situation: Lever Action 38/357 Mag
Close Quarters: Remington 870 12 Guage
Distance: Sharps 45-70 with blackpowder loads

My issue weapon is an M4, I don't care for it. I do shoot it OK though. If I had to have a "black rifle" and was given a choice it would be the AK-47.

Biker

I'm old and can't run fast so my choice is is the Mossberg 50577. 20 in 8 shot 12 gauge. :D

If I have to go long Springfield 1903 un-modified.:eek:

Tarzan

Oh, we get to have multiples?

Thought we were just picking one....

Well, if we are able to specify a shotgun, then I would probably go for a stocked pump like the 12 ga. Winchester 1100 with both 18" bbl for home use and 22" bbl for hunting. Presently, I have the 1100 with 22" bbl.

Being raised in Tennessee (brushy hollows, mostly mid-range shooting) I would wish for the scoped Marlin .30-30 I was raised on. After moving to Colorado and seeing that hunters there often shoot across valleys, I realized the differences terrain makes on rifle selection, hence my response that, if limited to only one long gun I would go for the Remington 700 series. Unfortunately, I loaned my Marlin to a friend's husband for deer season once and neither he nor the rifle ever returned.

Two good rifles and a shotgun would do me unless I became convinced we were heading closer to a complete breakdown. I have a couple of friends/family members who invested in AR and AK clones and they look nice, but don't seem too practical (to me). There are a lot more handguns higher on my shopping list than any of the assault-style weapons. To each their own.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back