Location in car

Seepa

Indiana Code 35-47-2-1 talks about transporting when not licensed. "(3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned,
leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if
the handgun is:
(A) unloaded;
(B) not readily accessible; and
(C) secured in a case;"

My question is if someone is licensed to carry, could they legally keep a gun placed anywhere in the vehicle and not get into trouble with the law? Some say the carry license only allows us to carry. They think sticking the gun in a holster and securing it to the visor is not allowed in Indiana.

What do you think?

Having just discussed this topic with my son-in-law in Texas, I was informed that if I have a valid, in-force permit ANS have my hand gun in my vehicle, I was carrying it legally. My vehicle is considered the same as my home. I must point out that this situation pertains to the State of Texas; however, I have also discovered that the State of Tennessee also recognizes the same situation. Any thoughts on this?

Having just discussed this topic with my son-in-law in Texas, I was informed that if I have a valid, in-force permit ANS have my hand gun in my vehicle, I was carrying it legally. My vehicle is considered the same as my home. I must point out that this situation pertains to the State of Texas; however, I have also discovered that the State of Tennessee also recognizes the same situation. Any thoughts on this?

Texas and Tennessee law has nothing to do with Indiana.

Talked to a local police officer. He directed me to the carry licence which reads "You are hereby licenced by the Indiana State Police to carry on your person or in a vehicle, any lawfully possessed handgun."
At one time that wasn't the case and the laws in the books haven't been updated to clearly inform.

He also informed me that I am not required to carry my carry licence. So if I get pulled over with a firearm that is visible, I am not required to present my carry licence. Will carry it anyways.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back