local police lost my respect last weekend

Too many times we assume that race is the factor when it doesn't have a thing to do with it.

I believe that is referred to as the race card. Too many people try to play it.

-
FYI - Files are never really deleted, just removed from the file allocation table. Download a freeware file program to un-delete that video & go to town! I've used Recuva by Piriform to un-delete photos & whatnot from a phone's memory before.

-
FYI - Files are never really deleted, just removed from the file allocation table. Download a freeware file program to un-delete that video & go to town! I've used Recuva by Piriform to un-delete photos & whatnot from a phone's memory before.
If you think that cops will engage in evidence tampering, use multiple recorders. My phone is a recorder, but I also have an MP3 player that's an excellent recorder. There are also a plethora of watches and other devices which can record.

Makes me a bit unnerved reading all of these complaints. I can't believe this sort of thing actually happens. I hope for the best with everyone involved and hope it never happens to me.

I grew up in the Deep South only 15 miles from where the original Brown vs. BOE started. I have watched the KKK burn a cross and hold a rally 100 yards from my house. I have high school friend with an IQ of 60 sitting in jail right now supposedly for lynching a black man. Don't come here with me not knowing about racial predjuice.
I hardly think of Topeka, Kansas as being in the deep south. Would you clarify where you grew up?

-

Good idea, unless the data has overwritten by something else.

I have Qik on my smartphone. The program saves a copy on the phone, but also will upload (celluar or WiFi) the video to a cloud server for later retrieval and/or distribution.

This is also a good reason to have an external video surveillance at home.

Well..I live in the county to the north of Jackson county...my home is about 35 miles from Medford. I've been here 11 years full time and have had property here for about 25 years. Until very recently, I sat on the CRB up here.

Jackson County is much more liberal than Josephine County With the largest concentration of liberals in the southern portion of the state in the Ashland-Jacksonville-Medford triangle. I have heard stories over the years of overly authoritarian local police and government. The Jackson County Sheriff is the only one in the southern part of the state that has a problem with armed citizens and has been known to harrass open carriers and attempt to deny CHLs for spurious reasons. The Sheriff there has stated he will appeal to SCOTUS the state supreme court's ruling that being authorized medical marijuana is not a valid reason to deny a CHL. There was a wellpublicized case this past year where Medford Police entered a man's home in the middle of the night, confiscated his weapons and took him in for mental evaluation becausse he bought 3 or 4 weapons in the days following being furloughed from his state job.

Nothing down there surprises me much...

Yeah he has a pretty bad rep with gun enthusiasts. I'll be open carrying more often since I'm carrying a revolver now, it just seems appropriate haha. Another funny story recently about him denying chl licenses. My uncle is in his 50s, very respectable man, elder in his church, owns a business ect wanted to get a handgun for protection against wild animals as him and my aunt are outdoor enthusiasts. Before even purchasing a gun he applied for his license thinking he had nothing to worry about. Turns out he had 1 charge for pot back in the 70s and they denied him on that! Over 30 years ago he had ONE JOINT! From what he told me back then there was no difference in how much you had, just that you possessed it. So rather than be a decent human being he told my uncle he needed to go through the process of getting it expunged from his record. For anyone who's gone through that process you know its rediculous.

I could understand a more recent charge or something but 30+ years without so much as a speeding ticket, I mean come on. The guy is basically a saint. Then after all that him and his son went to sportsmans to buy a glock to OC while hiking instead of going through the hassle of all that, where he was told he got denied on the NICS. I guess he had some 30 day block on purchasing a firearm after all that went down.

Yeah he has a pretty bad rep with gun enthusiasts. I'll be open carrying more often since I'm carrying a revolver now, it just seems appropriate haha. Another funny story recently about him denying chl licenses. My uncle is in his 50s, very respectable man, elder in his church, owns a business ect wanted to get a handgun for protection against wild animals as him and my aunt are outdoor enthusiasts. Before even purchasing a gun he applied for his license thinking he had nothing to worry about. Turns out he had 1 charge for pot back in the 70s and they denied him on that! Over 30 years ago he had ONE JOINT! From what he told me back then there was no difference in how much you had, just that you possessed it. So rather than be a decent human being he told my uncle he needed to go through the process of getting it expunged from his record. For anyone who's gone through that process you know its rediculous.

I could understand a more recent charge or something but 30+ years without so much as a speeding ticket, I mean come on. The guy is basically a saint. Then after all that him and his son went to sportsmans to buy a glock to OC while hiking instead of going through the hassle of all that, where he was told he got denied on the NICS. I guess he had some 30 day block on purchasing a firearm after all that went down.

You should mention to your uncle that he does not have to apply for the CHL in his home county...and Josephine is much friendlier about the process.

A joint, even 30 years ago, should neot be a felony, so should not be a bar. Sometimes what is refered to as a 30 day hold from the OSP is just time to make sure the charge that shows up is not a disqualifier.

A joint, even 30 years ago, should neot be a felony, so should not be a bar. Sometimes what is refered to as a 30 day hold from the OSP is just time to make sure the charge that shows up is not a disqualifier.

I have a friend in Montana that recently failed a NICS. We believe but havn't heard back that it was due to an arrest and conviction in South Dakota for posession of marijuana and open container, about a year prior. He was buzzed and blew a .05 and the open bottle was in his backpack, in the rear compartment of the van. But, he was the passenger. His wife has one of those silly medical pot cards from Montana. The dope was in her purse and she was driving. Unfortunately for them they were in SD where the pot card isn't valid and they took a public defender who did't bother to try to separate out the charges. IMO, both charges are hers but who's going to throw their wife under the bus? They both got both charges and they stuck. But curiously, no DUI charge.

Anyway, there is a question on the NICS form that asks if you are an unlawful user or addicted to Marijuana. That's a federal form and I think a conviction is going to pop up and NICS will be part of your carry permit background check. So I think a dope conviction may foul you up on both these days.

I know people who have passed a NICS before with an old dope charge on their record, I wonder if they could pass one now with the Feds under the command of comerade Obama.

Just curious RogDog why is it that you haven't posted single post about guns on this forum every single one of your posts is about crappy cops.

Por Que?

Just curious RogDog why is it that you haven't posted single post about guns on this forum every single one of your posts is about crappy cops.

Por Que?

I suppose it's because I'm currently struggling with my decision to resume my interest or sell my stuff. My guns have been locked up, pretty much untouched for about ten years. I was once an avid shotgun shooter, an RSO at my club and ran an event monthly. That was in California. I've had many interactions with cops most very bad over my life, only one that involved me carrying a gun. You can read about them elsewhere on this forum.

I made my decision to put my guns away because of the atmosphere in California and some events at my club. I quit the club, stopped shooting and threw myself into work in an effort to build up enough dough to retire early and move to a better place. I chose Idaho.

Now I'm here, have been for a year. This winter I decided to take some classes, get a permit, just for cover. Now, you know that I have a serious suspiscion of cops so my ears are up for how the local climate is on gun guys here. I've recently taken two classes on the subjuct of carry, one taught by a prosecutor and one by a senior cop, both gun enthusiasts. The tenor and subject matter of both FOCUSED on the best ways to avoid problems with the police. So I came here specifically looking for the experiences of others on this matter.

I read post after post and follow link after link to news stories and youtube videos. Our TV comes out of Spokane. Guess what the second most popular story is behind the weather? Trigger and stick happy Spokane cops. I'm starting to conclude that it is not better here than in California, cops are cops everywhere.

I have more valuable things to lose than my temproal existance. My family needs the financial support that I provide as well as the legacy that I will leave. I'm retired, more or less. My work life is substantially over. What I have accumulated is what there is to leave or to lose. A robber would take maybe $50 off of me. I sure as hell wouldn't shoot a guy to stop that. The cars are insured. An arrest would wipe us out. So maybe for me, the greater threat in the world comes from the cops and may be made more accute by me toting around a gun.

That's the long answer. The shorer one is that I'm here, engaging in discussion for the purpose of deciding wether my perception of the threat is real or imagined. What particular gun is popular or what holster is best or good ammo or things of that nature are not foremost in my mind right now. They have been in the past and maybe will be in the future but right now, with my permit application filed and me waiting, this is what I'm thinking about.

And, I've only been registered for two days, gimme a minute will ya? ;)

Answered?

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back