local police lost my respect last weekend

The first time I learned cops had waaaay to much power was around 8 or 9 years ago when my friend was at a party in steilecoom, Washington when an off duty cop walked into the backyard of the party and started demanding peoples I.D for background checks. There were roughly 50 people in the backyard and I'm not sure what gung-Ho type moron would walk in plain clothes demanding stuff to a bunch of drunks but my friend had said "sir you are here illegally and nobody invited you onto the property, please leave". Well the officer then threw my friend to the ground, sat his knee on his neck and finally called for back up. Once they arrived my friend had his future ruined with a charge of intimidating a police officer.

I was flipping out because of all the prior traffic run ins I'd had with this cop so I went to the police station and requested his pubic file. The stack of complaints was 3 inches thick! Did it matter to the judge though when it came down to who's word? Nope, my 22 year old friend with not so much as a traffic ticket started his criminal history right there
:biggrin:OK..I will not correct your spelling:wacko: -- I will just ask you to read your message again and look for your mistake.:biggrin:

Anyway this happened to us here too a few years back. Our son has his party in the backyard and they were becoming too rowdy. Nothing bad, no alcohol and no drugs either, just having a bonfire and having fun. Time was about 8 or 9pm.. A policeman who lives down the road went came inside our property and asked a few questions. He got angry at them. Sonny boy told his dad what happened then said the next time he comes in here without permission, tell him he is on private property. He did not come back so there is no real incident...

I did not realize that Oregon had been moved to the South. :biggrin: I mean according to all I hear from the Justice Department and news media that kind of stuff only happens in the South. :angry:

Unless things in Oregon are much different than around here there has to be a lot more to that story than being reported in the OP so I am not going to jump on the cops or anyone else right now. We are hearing one side of the story and I understand that but it is so wild until I have lots of doubts about it happening that way. Around here if something like that happens it isn't about race but usually over women, drugs or money and both parties the same race. :girl_wink:

:biggrin:OK..I will not correct your spelling:wacko: -- I will just ask you to read your message again and look for your mistake.:biggrin:

Anyway this happened to us here too a few years back. Our son has his party in the backyard and they were becoming too rowdy. Nothing bad, no alcohol and no drugs either, just having a bonfire and having fun. Time was about 8 or 9pm.. A policeman who lives down the road went came inside our property and asked a few questions. He got angry at them. Sonny boy told his dad what happened then said the next time he comes in here without permission, tell him he is on private property. He did not come back so there is no real incident...

You are hilarious.

Hey 1910, the only thing more absurd than someone taking time out of their day to make up a story about something like this is a forum troll like yourself who's taken time out of their day to post about how it seems to good to be true. Hate crimes happen everyday, most of us just don't hear about it or think its to far fetched to happen. Then again most of us are white and don't have to deal with daily racial prejudice.

I personally have never heard of something like this happening to someone I know, mainly because I don't really know any black people. I just met this family that night and I thought I would share the story because its something that everyone should hear about. If you choose not to believe it that's fine, but keep it to yourself. Obviously there are plenty of other people here who are interested. Just because Jesse Jackson didn't fly in doesn't make it any less real.

I deal with more racial predjuices in a week than most Americans deal with in a lifetime. You said that where you live there are very few blacks. I believe that. Where I live the ratio is closer to 50/50 and where I work it is about 65/35 black majority. I grew up in the Deep South only 15 miles from where the original Brown vs. BOE started. I have watched the KKK burn a cross and hold a rally 100 yards from my house. I have high school friend with an IQ of 60 sitting in jail right now supposedly for lynching a black man. Don't come here with me not knowing about racial predjuice.

I did not say that they story was not true but only that there is more to it that what you have posted. When I see on the national news that cops in Medford OR drug a man out of his house and beat him, the carries him off into the woods to beat him some more simply because he was black I will believe it and apologize to everyone involved. I don't even have to have the part about his son getting whipped with flashlights the next day for no reason and the wife getting arrested on such trumped up charges. If that is all there is to that story then I suggest you get out of there ASAP because it is no longer part of the US.

I think you should re-read that, the man took hits from the lights, not the son. The wife was arrested the next morning for grabbing on to her husband when the cops were yanking him out of the house, as any wife in that situation would. As for your request, no I won't try and "prove" anything to you. Give me a reason why I would make something like this up for the hell of it and maybe ill consider :/

Oh, and I'm from hilltop tacoma Washington and las Vegas, the "ratio" of blacks is just as high, I just never had many black friends. I wonder what your thought process is to even consider somebody making up a story like this. I'm not pro black or anti cop, just a little baffled that something like this would happen. Who knows maybe he did get "ghetto" with the cops and his son just felt like lying, I just put the probability of it happening and seeing his mugshot with bandages on his face as being legit enough for me.

You see! you have all these people saying this happen to me, but you stiil will not say hey thats bad you give the cops a pass if one cop said hey this happen and you did not hear the other side you would be ready to thrown that guy in jail. Thats what we are talking about we have to video the cop or people like you do not belive us. Dang all the above storys and you stiil say I need to hear the cops side. well I guess you have to get beat up by the police or watch a video. this is a people's right to carry a gun site and we talk about the stuff we run into. 1. why we carry, 2.what happens to us when we carry. and who we deal with and how they treat us when we carry. Untill there is some evidence that someone is lying I go with he is telling the truth. The word cops are not a person so I can hear with out judging one person just the view of that person making the statment. The cops have city. state atts they do not have to pay for. the word of a cop is like 75-90 persent belived by the jury and 75 % belived by the judge. why he has no motive to lie.
But when cops get mad cause thier pride was question or the person back talk them it gets scary.
Some cops need to have their ass kissed or look out. some cops feel like they have to brow beat or give a ass chewing to someone who made a traffic mistake. If you look at the cops who make the most disordly conduct and resisting arrest on people you will see that most of the people who bring lawsuits on them have never been arrested before so what happen" this happen man rolls past a stop sign, a cop sees it. the cop stops him gets up to the window and the driver acts not scared of the cop. says something like i stopped for the sign and the cops who saw the roll says HEY! you did not stop! Give me your DL AND INSUR card. now the cop is yelling and mad. How dare this ******* tell him he did not run the sign. he gets the cards and checks them. while he is waiting he ask the guy you ever been arrested? the guy says NO! the cops asks YOU BEEN DRINKING? the guy says NO! the cop is mad so he says GET OUT OF THE CAR and has him walk the line ( IT's a way to emmbaress the guy and teach him a lession.) The guy gets out he is mad and scared he walks the line and its perfect no waving. nothing! the guy says there see I am clean! the cop says What you got in your car?
Nothing. He looks in the open door and said you don't mind if I look and he starts searching even if the guys says no the cop finds anything he can say it was in open sight even if it was not. like a old beer can or a pocket knife on the floor. now the other way cops can get you to break the law is get you out of the car and while yelling at you try to get you to yell back then its disord conduct and if you step back when he grabs your arm it resisting arrest. or he will push you with his finger and if you hit his hand it's battery on a policeofficer. pretty good tricks!!! cause jurys are mostly made up of women who never had contact with a cop or never saw them except when they call on something. now do you think someone who never broke the law all of a sudden attacks a policeofficer for no reason. No it's just he had pride in his self and was thinking he would be treated like a adult with respect and conduct of a lawabidding person.
guess what he did not know he had to kiss butt thats his crime. when I see a minor traffic charge like running a stop sign and disordly conduct and resisting arrest I smell deep dodo. the guy never arrested before and then he loses it no way. he failed to kiss. thats what law he broke.
self respect some cops think only they should have it. I heard a cop once say Hey this guy was going 45 in a 35 zone and I pulled him over and get his DL and Insur cards and he ask to see the radar gun cause he never saw one before. I told the bastard I stuck my dicX out the window and my Balxs read 45, shixhead.
True story don't belive me? I was a cop at the time and thats what he said. I was a cop here in the us for 5 year and over seas for another 6 years before I came home. If there is no or little overwatch on policeofficers then the line they can not cross gets very thin. I was 21 when the other cop said it to me. just got on the force just out of the marine corps, I asked about the stop and how it was handle from a older cop who had been on the force for lot of years. he said don't say anything just try not to be around him much and watch you self with him. That what I was told. cover your ass and watch each others back not defend the law and the people who you serve. thats the truth so help me GOD! over seas it was far worse.
just running from a officer was a death senence. so we are better than that but do not give the police the
automatic truth hear what they say. judge them as a man not god!
if you hear a black man say he was pushed after he got out of a car and the police search his car. why did they get him out of the car. oh I thought he was hiding something. You hear that stuff think lying cop on a fishing trip to teach this guy a lession. Failed to kiss. cause he could be your son or husband next.
you give your son your car to go on a date and he makes a mistake and ends up getting smacked around becaused he had a fancy car and got pulled over for improper lane useage, and asked to walk a line and no blood test or breath test was used then he gets arrested for the lane useage and disord and resisting he was set up. a cop gets you out of the car look out the tricks he can play are many and all look to put you in jail. no real test and charge of dui. then he most likey set you up. check how many dc and resisting he has in a year that will tell you if he use it to arrest people who got him mad.
but ya know if you get on a jury and just go with the way the cop said it was then your not a adult we want on the jury think what did he say? is that sounding like the truth, what would i do in a spot like that.
if I was a man with pride and a cop treated me like that. what would i do. the guy charged will say he pulled me over for running a stop sign I stopped!! he asked fo my dl and insur card then he ran my lic and then asked me if i had been drinking and then ask me to walk the line and was yelling and pushed me with his finger. I pushed his hand away and he hit me. i let him handcuff me he was real hard on me and threw me in the back of the police car. it prob did go down like that. your heard all the tricks right!. the guy made a small traffice mistake rolled past a stop sign or stopped past the sign and the cot got mad. if you don't hear what is being said the guy will be found guildty. he was not but you did not hear the truth you belived the cop was the nice guy and the other man the badguy.
why was he asked out of his car how did he resisted, did the cop touch him first. did the cop do ever thing he could to find something on this guy? why? but if you don't care I hope it's your son who runs into the tricky cop. a real policeofficer would if he stopped the guy at all would ask for his DL AND insur talk to him about the traffice mistake and go back to his squad write or not write the ticket or warning ticket get out give the dl and insur acrd to the driver tell him how he can handle the ticket court, driving school or just pay it. if the cop thinks you have been drinking he must smell the drinks or see the cans or bottls
or your driving was not very good like your driving all over the place. he talks to you to see if you are sluring your words, do you not know what time it is or where your at. he will ask question to help him see if your drunk. or have been drinking. see he is getting prob cause. if he just ask you out of your car cause he got mad look out he is fishing and he is mad. if your on the jury do not give him the game just because he is a cop hear the story and see if it makes sence. watch out for cops who remember everything from how many street lights and the speed zone the stop was in. what hundred block and every thing down to the shoes the guy had on. can you do that on something a month ago. he is lying!
a report that lacks details is also questionable is he covering up stuff. or is he keeping it simple so his partner can back him up too many detail and he might forget. hear what they say and then hear the other guy.

ok class is over

I deal with more racial predjuices in a week than most Americans deal with in a lifetime. You said that where you live there are very few blacks. I believe that. Where I live the ratio is closer to 50/50 and where I work it is about 65/35 black majority. I grew up in the Deep South only 15 miles from where the original Brown vs. BOE started. I have watched the KKK burn a cross and hold a rally 100 yards from my house. I have high school friend with an IQ of 60 sitting in jail right now supposedly for lynching a black man. Don't come here with me not knowing about racial predjuice.

I did not say that they story was not true but only that there is more to it that what you have posted. When I see on the national news that cops in Medford OR drug a man out of his house and beat him, the carries him off into the woods to beat him some more simply because he was black I will believe it and apologize to everyone involved. I don't even have to have the part about his son getting whipped with flashlights the next day for no reason and the wife getting arrested on such trumped up charges. If that is all there is to that story then I suggest you get out of there ASAP because it is no longer part of the US.
Which happened first, the media publishing stories about Officer Daniel Harless of the Canton Police Department or Ohioans for Concealed Carry posting the dashcam video on the internet?

How long did the Danziger Bridge murders in New Orleans take to hit the mainstream media?

Just because something isn't in the media doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

I do not doubt that somnething happened and there will probably be repercussions about this and my eventually make national news. However the fact that two leo simply saw a black man riving through town and decided 15 minutes later to go drag him out of his house and beat him with no reason or provocation other than being black is a little hard to believe. Then for them to call backup who stand by while the victim is taken away and beaten even more all just because he is black is even harder to believe. If this had happened in the 1800's or possibly even up to the 1930's in the South or 1950's in the North I could believe it. However for this to occur in the 21st century in the US and for it to be condoned by the local police force as SOP is more than I can believe especially in a city of 75,000. If it had happened in some rural county where there are only two LEO then possibly but to say that the beating of black men is standard procedure and no one cares otherwise in Medford, Oregon is more than I can take.

I think a minimal of two years college education should be required before someone can apply to become a police officer and a bachelors, masters, or a doctorate degree should be required before an officer can be promoted to a higher rank.
If we want to reduce the horror stories of police brutality then we must be willing to pay more taxes for a truly professional police force.

Never happen. A few years ago, I followed the story of a man in his 40's who'd always wanted to be a cop. His local PD advertised they were hiring. So he took their entrance exam and passed with the highest score they'd ever seen. They rejected him because it was "too smart to be a police officer." It's hardly surprising that a reasonably well read man in his 40's would know a lot more than a kid in his early 20's, including how to take tests - but remember, they don't want intelligent cops.

This guy was determined, and he fought it all the way to his State Supreme Court - where he lost.

So, NO, it will never happen. Police are the enforcement tools of the ruling class. The very last thing the ruling class wants is intelligent enforcers who may question orders.

This situation sounds horrific and disgusts me, but before I was to judge those cops, I would want to know their side of the story as well. Surely I do not think you are lying, but everyone of us bias our stories without having to lie, whether we are aware of it or not. I just would want all the facts before coming to a conclusion, and once I did, I would not hate the whole police department because a few of them did something messed up.
If what you say is true, then I hope they are held fully accountable for their actions.

I think a minimal of two years college education should be required before someone can apply to become a police officer and a bachelors, masters, or a doctorate degree should be required before an officer can be promoted to a higher rank.
If we want to reduce the horror stories of police brutality then we must be willing to pay more taxes for a truly professional police force.

That actually is how many if not most police forces are. They require at least a 2 year degree for a low ranking position, or sometimes they will substitute good military service for it. Many prefer 4 year degrees but after all, many simply can not afford to hire an all educated police force.

Never happen. A few years ago, I followed the story of a man in his 40's who'd always wanted to be a cop. His local PD advertised they were hiring. So he took their entrance exam and passed with the highest score they'd ever seen. They rejected him because it was "too smart to be a police officer." It's hardly surprising that a reasonably well read man in his 40's would know a lot more than a kid in his early 20's, including how to take tests - but remember, they don't want intelligent cops.

This guy was determined, and he fought it all the way to his State Supreme Court - where he lost.

So, NO, it will never happen. Police are the enforcement tools of the ruling class. The very last thing the ruling class wants is intelligent enforcers who may question orders.

I had read about this and the term overqualified was used. It does sound terrible for it to be a reason for not hiring in any job but is quite common. The cost of a LEO department or company to train a new employee is quite high and once trained they are expected to stick around for a while to allow the "company" to benefit from the training. In this case it was not that he was black or too smart but they realized that as soon as he was trained he would be moving on to a bigger, higher paying job. Or at least that was the reasoning they gave. I have run into that when I was job searching several years ago. I was told more than once that "this is an entry level position and you are overqualified". It did not matter that I was also unemployed at the time. So before passing this off as he was rejected because he was black or they only want dumb cops we need to consider the whole story.

Something about this doesn't sound right. I'm not suggesting that the original poster is lying, but consider:

1) They're all in separate cars. Did they form a convoy on the way home, or did they separate?
2) The police don't show up for 15 minutes? Why so long? If they were 'stalking' him with the intent on being a-hole racists, why the wait?
3) They just up and beat on the guy for asking for a lawyer? No other reason - just open up the whoop-ass?

Now I know that there are still pockets of blatant racism out there, but by and large there aren't too many cops who would be this blatantly racist in this day and age. It's suicide.

There HAS to be more to this story. Did the step dad have an accident on the way home? Did he hit a parked car? Did he hit a pedestrian? Did someone phone in a complaint about him (which would explain the 15 minute delay)?

I say we wait to hear more about this before unilaterally passing judgement on these cops (which is the very thing everyone here is condemning these cops for doing).

I must agree with the above. Altho I have never been to Oregon I can't believe in this day and age that any Police Department would try and pull this type of crap. I am not saying that the original poster is lying or wrong in any manner I am just saying that the verdict is still out and if it is true then all those SO CALLED POLICE OFFICERS should do jail time and the Black Gentelman should be very wealthy after the law suit is over.
Bill

I found it all hard to believe too. I've had 2 run ins with the cops here and both times they were extremely respectful, however neither time was from the suspected precinct. There are 3 different agencies here, jacksonville, sheriff and medford police and it is medford in question. I wasn't there when it went down so I can't say for certain what actually happened, what I can testify to though is the man's demeanor, he was a very soft spoken, very polite person. He was also not drunk, unless he "pre gamed", he went drink for drink with me which was 4 beers over 3 hours. I've gone through all the scenarios in my head because I've always been the "doubter" in the past, no matter how I look at it however I still can't see justification in cops beating him up, even if he stood behind his screen calling them cracka ass cracka pigs.

Does anyone remember the Beer Summit and how it started? A call went to police that someone was trying to break into a home. It wasn't a breakin at all but a college professor had lost the keys to his house and was returning from a trip. The police approached him and ask for ID which the black professor refused to provide any saying it was his house and he didn't need to prove it. Things escalated that the professor claimed he was being targeted because he was black and the public jumped on his side including the POTUS.

I have seen racism claimed many times both by black and white. I had a black supervisor tell me personally that the reason that she hired a black that was fourth on the qualification list of interviewees was to make up for the number of whites already working there. After we had to pay back over $100,000.00 to the Federal Government due to their lazyness and incompetence both were fired. It wasn't that he was fourth because he was black but because he wasn't qualified. Too many times we assume that race is the factor when it doesn't have a thing to do with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back