local police lost my respect last weekend

Cotillion

I live in medford Oregon which is a small mostly white town. Last weekend my wife had invited some work friends to go to a bar and sing some karaoke. One of them happened to have a black stepfather who was a really fun, really down to earth older gentlemen who's worked hard his whole life. Well around 1am the stepfather, the mother and her son all left in separate cars to go home ( all of them live in the same house but work caused them to being separate cars ) after they got home and started to relax the police knocked on the door about 15 minutes later demanding a field sobriety test from the black man only! He said he wanted a lawyer so they then pulled him out of the house and beat the crap out of him. His stepson was using his phone to record it and called the cops to help with these cops!

So the new set of cops show up after the old ones dragged the black male off in their cruiser and reviewed their video. He claimed it was too dark and deleted it! The original police brought the man somewhere secluded and beat him up some more before finally arriving at the jail almost 2 hours later. The next morning they showed up at the house and arrested the wife for attempting to pull her husband back in the house after the police started hitting him with their flashlights.

I'm only 28 and I'm not the model "anti racist" as I can't stand hood rats but stuff like this just makes me sick. I really hope he can get ahold of a black power group to help with court costs and sue those bastards

Another shining example to us all that no matter how far we think we’ve come there is still a ways to go. My best to the Step Dad!

This past weekend there was a similar instance in my home town. A middle-aged housewife was stopped at a grocery store and was issued a field sobriety test. LEO didn't like the outcome and really pressed the issue. The woman is recovering from an auto accident where she sustained a broken neck with nerve damage, broken vert in lower back, separated shoulder, torn rotator cuff and broken ribs. The stop came four weeks after the last surgery.

She is crippled and unable to walk the drunk line without arm braces. Facial and cranial nerve damage caused some loss of speech funtion... she studders. She does not drink or take drugs, ever.

She requested an attorney three times during the stop but the LEO continued to question her.

She called her husband who arrived on-scene with an attorney. The LEO listened carefully to the attorney and then understood his mistakes based on the medical condition. The officer claimed he approached the car because it was parked crooked, although it was fully/legally contained within a single parking space.

So shat could have been the results of his actions had he effected an arrest? Blood testing woukd have shown no drugs or alcohol in the woman's system. So, no charges by the DA. She would have been released.

The ramifications for the department, town and officer could have been tremendous.

How awful! I'm really sorry. I hope the step dad sues the crap out of them and the dept for what they did to that poor man. To be ripped from your own home :(

A perfect example of you dont have to open the front door for LEOs. If theyve really got probable cause, they dont need you to open the door.

My wife thought I was going a little overboard when telling her about the "never talk to the police" YouTube video the night before this happened, now we are on the same page when it comes to law enforcement. I told her no matter what happens and no matter how long I sit locked up we never say a word other than I want a lawyer. Don't get me wrong thank god for the police but just like our government there is a billion flaws.

It makes me so sick to my stomach and I'm sorry to hear about that lady also. I don't give a frickin crap who you hate or whatever racist garbage you use to justify your actions, IT'S WRONG!

In Medford??? Wow. And Medford returns to its place as the "white trash" city of Oregon. (And here I thought outer SE Portland / inner Clackamas County had kept that title.)

Something about this doesn't sound right. I'm not suggesting that the original poster is lying, but consider:

1) They're all in separate cars. Did they form a convoy on the way home, or did they separate?
2) The police don't show up for 15 minutes? Why so long? If they were 'stalking' him with the intent on being a-hole racists, why the wait?
3) They just up and beat on the guy for asking for a lawyer? No other reason - just open up the whoop-ass?

Now I know that there are still pockets of blatant racism out there, but by and large there aren't too many cops who would be this blatantly racist in this day and age. It's suicide.

There HAS to be more to this story. Did the step dad have an accident on the way home? Did he hit a parked car? Did he hit a pedestrian? Did someone phone in a complaint about him (which would explain the 15 minute delay)?

I say we wait to hear more about this before unilaterally passing judgement on these cops (which is the very thing everyone here is condemning these cops for doing).

Oregon has a horrible reputation on racism across the state. A University of Oregon professor, who was black, drove a nice Mercedes, was arrested because the officer didn't think black people drove such nice cars. Oregon is beautiful, but their laws and police are horrific. I'm really glad I moved to WA.

I'll post more on the story once I find some links and hopefully they get it in the news. I do have the link to his mugshot from that night but I don't want to post him without the rest to back it, if that makes sense. I think it was 2 cars total with him and his wife in 1 and the stepson in the other and according to Oregon law they have up to 3 hours to make contact. I was dumbfounded also when I heard that they came up to the door, I always figured once you were outta the car they had no right but its the cops word against his and we all know how that plays out.

I've lived here less than a year and in that time I've seen MAYBE a dozen black people. The bar had roughly 50 people at any given time there that night so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that cops that follow the black man in his Mercedes all the way to his house in the suburbs and wait until the only possible witnesses would be his family is a hate crime. His WHITE stepson left the same bar, driving the same route to the same house was never questioned about his drinking

Police department citizen review board

HI:
Every police department should have a citizen review board. The citizen review board would review problems within the local police department. Until there is citizen review boards the problems will continue. A citizen review board will deter problems with the police getting out of line. Until each police department has citizen review boards the problems will continue.
This country belongs to the citizens that live in it. It is up to each and everyone to tell state and federal legislators what we want regarding laws.

Law Enforcement has really gone downhill since fiscal measures encouraged the one man per patrol car policy.

When I was a young man there were always (except in very small jurisdictions) two patrolmen in each cruiser. The more experienced patrolman reined in the excesses of the less experienced young buck.

Now you have a 24 year old kid who thinks he's GOD with no one to rein him in.

I've always thought Police Departments would have been better off by cutting the number of patrol cars in half in order to staff them properly with two patrolpersons instead of one.

The two person patrol units have the advantage of built in backup and maintain a wider range of tactical options in any situation.

And if one patrolperson wanted to harass an innocent citizen they'd first have to convince the other to go along with it making it less likely to happen.

I also have had problems with the police. I live in a small town in Eastern Washington that is run by the 'GOOD OLE BOYS' and dissent is NOT tolerated. Most recently however I recently complained to the Mayor about a man who is a volunteer for a city sponsered orginization. This man is quite vocal in his racial views refering to himself as a 'white-sepratist' and referes to Mexican-Americans as #%^$@ among other slurs. He was also overheard by a young Jewish couple who were stranded here because of car problems telling another local that 'the Holocaust didnt happen and the Jews owe Adolf Hitler an apology'! My Grandmother was Jewish and like this couple I was highly offended. I complained to the head of the orginization but was ignored. I then went to the Mayor who told me that I needed to be more tolerant of other viewpoints. She then told me how much she respected his views and then in a loud voice and pointing her finger at me threatened me and then told me Id better 'shut up' as there were "good Germans" in town who would retaliate because of my complaints and I deserved it. Since then my wife has trouble sleeping and what can I do? Go to the police? No way. The chief is one of the 'good ole boys' and appointed by the Mayor Gee I have been threatened and the police are worthless. The prosecuter is a friend of the bigot. I know that most cops are just trying to do their job but with stories like the ones on this thread and knowing the cops I know, if I was a cop I would fully understand a citizens mistrust the police. Anybody know a goog shyster lawyer? Ill hire him.

I also have had problems with the police. I live in a small town in Eastern Washington that is run by the 'GOOD OLE BOYS' and dissent is NOT tolerated. Most recently however I recently complained to the Mayor about a man who is a volunteer for a city sponsered orginization. This man is quite vocal in his racial views refering to himself as a 'white-sepratist' and referes to Mexican-Americans as #%^$@ among other slurs. He was also overheard by a young Jewish couple who were stranded here because of car problems telling another local that 'the Holocaust didnt happen and the Jews owe Adolf Hitler an apology'! My Grandmother was Jewish and like this couple I was highly offended. I complained to the head of the orginization but was ignored. I then went to the Mayor who told me that I needed to be more tolerant of other viewpoints. She then told me how much she respected his views and then in a loud voice and pointing her finger at me threatened me and then told me Id better 'shut up' as there were "good Germans" in town who would retaliate because of my complaints and I deserved it. Since then my wife has trouble sleeping and what can I do? Go to the police? No way. The chief is one of the 'good ole boys' and appointed by the Mayor Gee I have been threatened and the police are worthless. The prosecuter is a friend of the bigot. I know that most cops are just trying to do their job but with stories like the ones on this thread and knowing the cops I know, if I was a cop I would fully understand a citizens mistrust the police. Anybody know a goog shyster lawyer? Ill hire him.

Both to you and the OP:

Lawyers are licensed state wide, so you do not need to use a local lawyer who is probably part of the old boy network.

Go to a large city where you are more likely to find a lawyer who is not a bigot and hire him to rep you.

He probably will bring in the feds as these are clearly discrimination cases and there are federal laws against both of these crimes.

This past weekend there was a similar instance in my home town. A middle-aged housewife was stopped at a grocery store and was issued a field sobriety test. LEO didn't like the outcome and really pressed the issue. The woman is recovering from an auto accident where she sustained a broken neck with nerve damage, broken vert in lower back, separated shoulder, torn rotator cuff and broken ribs. The stop came four weeks after the last surgery.

She is crippled and unable to walk the drunk line without arm braces. Facial and cranial nerve damage caused some loss of speech funtion... she studders. She does not drink or take drugs, ever.

She requested an attorney three times during the stop but the LEO continued to question her.

She called her husband who arrived on-scene with an attorney. The LEO listened carefully to the attorney and then understood his mistakes based on the medical condition. The officer claimed he approached the car because it was parked crooked, although it was fully/legally contained within a single parking space.

So shat could have been the results of his actions had he effected an arrest? Blood testing woukd have shown no drugs or alcohol in the woman's system. So, no charges by the DA. She would have been released.

The ramifications for the department, town and officer could have been tremendous.

I have a similar story about a friend from Oregon State. His whole family are engineering genius'. The two boys my age are twins, and drive twin camaro's they both beefed up to around 600 hp. Beautiful machines. He was on his way home from church when he was pulled over. The police officer did a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer. He passed both, blowing a 0.00, but because he has a slightly droopy face, the officer was determined to get him. The officer ended up arresting him for DUI, telling him, "I am taking you in, we will do a blood draw, and we WILL find something." We had hundreds of people stop by the department and ask when he was going to be released. The next morning he was let out, went straight to the Student health department and got a blood and urine test. Both test showed nothing in his system. His family is suing Corvallis PD. Sadly, this happened four years ago, the police are investigating their own and nothing has happened. He still has a DUI on his record.

I feel sorry for that family. Please express my sympathy what happened to them. It is not just the step dad that is suffering but also the rest of his family. I cannot offer a solution but I can only offer my commisseration. I will remember to include them in our prayers tonight. I hope that when and if he is able to get out, he'll sue the a$$ out of those that perpetrate this hideous beatings to him till kingdom come.:angry::angry::angry:

The first time I learned cops had waaaay to much power was around 8 or 9 years ago when my friend was at a party in steilecoom, Washington when an off duty cop walked into the backyard of the party and started demanding peoples I.D for background checks. There were roughly 50 people in the backyard and I'm not sure what gung-Ho type moron would walk in plain clothes demanding stuff to a bunch of drunks but my friend had said "sir you are here illegally and nobody invited you onto the property, please leave". Well the officer then threw my friend to the ground, sat his knee on his neck and finally called for back up. Once they arrived my friend had his future ruined with a charge of intimidating a police officer.

I was flipping out because of all the prior traffic run ins I'd had with this cop so I went to the police station and requested his pubic file. The stack of complaints was 3 inches thick! Did it matter to the judge though when it came down to who's word? Nope, my 22 year old friend with not so much as a traffic ticket started his criminal history right there

It make sense that Oregon would be a very racist place: in Feb 2011 is was ranked among the most LIBERAL states in the Union. Liberalism is ALWAYS coupled with deep-seeded racism. The promotion of the welfare state by liberals and "progressives" has so much racism attached to it. It's not a coincidence that a significantly disproportionate number of blacks are on welfare; the welfare state was established by LIBERALS to keep blacks in desolate isolation in order to control them. It's not compassion, it's not a desire to help, it has nothing to do with lifting up the 'less fortunate'; it's about a racist control of the population. Abortion is so adamantly PROMOTED to black females for the same reason. It's no surprise that some dopey Oregon cops would beat up a black dude or arrest another for having a Mercedes, 'because black people don't have cars like that'... Liberalism is a cancer, fueling racist rhetoric; class envy; and literal genocide (abortions) among blacks, in this country and MUST be stopped.

Gallup: Oregon, Washington among most liberal states | OregonLive.com

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back