loading 308 wuth imr4064

stumpjumper101

i am getting ready to load a bulk of 308 with imr4064 and just wanted to know if anyone has found a sucessful load for it used in a standard m1a. i am planning to use either 168 or 173gr bthp. i really didnt want to use 4064 but that was all i could find 6 lbs that was suitable for use with a M1A. I have had great sucess with 4895 in the last bulk loading i did but it seems at the present time that its unavailable. So have any of you had sucess useing imr4064 so i can try that first and maybe save myself a little time?

Try this...

i am getting ready to load a bulk of 308 with imr4064 and just wanted to know if anyone has found a sucessful load for it used in a standard m1a. i am planning to use either 168 or 173gr bthp. i really didnt want to use 4064 but that was all i could find 6 lbs that was suitable for use with a M1A. I have had great sucess with 4895 in the last bulk loading i did but it seems at the present time that its unavailable. So have any of you had sucess useing imr4064 so i can try that first and maybe save myself a little time?

43.00 grains of IMR 4064/ cci 200 primers with the 173gr L118 ball bullets these will kick along pretty good and pressure should be manageable

I've found that 4064 in military cases results in compressed loads. Depends on whether you like that or not. I've also found that there is a difference between the level of the powder in the case for loads dropped from a measure and loads weighed and poured in through a funnel. One article I read showed a considerable variance in velocity between the two.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back