LIVE SCAN fingerprinting for out of state (SC/FL) permit?

Islander

Does anyone know if you can use Live Scan printing in an SC location to get a Florida permit? Not sure if there is any way to link the information between states.

Thanks!
Islander

No. Maybe they will do this in the future but when I applied in Dec. you could only use the electronic form from within the state an by appointment. Wish they would switch as it would make it much easier, even though it is the best and fastest system out there.

Unless things have changed in the last year when I went to get my Fl renewal fingerprints done here I was told by Greenwood County that I did not want my prints in the SC electronic database. I guess our prints are not put into the criminal database when done manually. At least in state. I took that to mean that if they did the electronic scan then they go into a "Bad" SC database.

From Link Removed...Page 5

.A NOTICE TO OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS
ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY AT SHERIFFS' OFFICES IN THE STATE OF
FLORIDA.

If you are visiting Florida from out-of-state, you can get your fingerprints scanned at a nearby sheriff' s office.
However,you need to be aware that if law enforcement authorities reject your scanned fingerprints because of legibility
problems, the law requires you to have your prints scanned A SECOND TIME at the same sheriff's office where your prints
were initially taken.If you hav ealready left Florida and returned home and are unable to return to Florida to have your
prints scanned again, you will have to submit your second set of prints on a fingerprint card using the “hardcard” method.
Because the format of your second fingerprint submission (paper card) will be different from the format of your first
submission (digital scan),FDLE regulations require you to submit a $42 fingerprint processing fee with this second
submission.

MrJam sums it up, nice system though. Charleston County uses electronic scan. The better the technology, the better process of elimination of false hits!

TWO ROUND BURSTS / EVALUATE / REPEAT IF REQUIRED

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back