List of Washington CCW Instructors

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be used to list all ccw instructors in Washington. If you would like to help, please post the name, address, phone number, and any other information of a ccw instructor in Washington and I will list keep them listed in this first post alphabetically.

Firearms Academy of Seattle
360-978-6100
[email protected]
Link Removed

Triple H Training
Jerry Hennings Lead Instructor
Umatilla Oregon
[email protected]
541-561-4677

NRA Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety
Utah Concealed Firearms Permits

Last edited:
Triple H Training
Jerry Hennings Lead Instructor
Umatilla Oregon
[email protected]
541-561-4677

NRA Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety
Utah Concealed Firearms Permits

*ADDED

Last edited by a moderator:
Western Washington Traveling Instructor

Basic Handgun and concealed carry instruction

Taught according to your specific needs

Also, classes on first and third Saturdays each month at The Marksman, Puyallup (1st Sat) and Champion Range, Kent (3d Sat)

NRA Certified Instructor:* Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearm Safety
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Utah Certified Concealed Carry Permit Instructor

Contact Rick Walker
Link Removed
[email protected]
Link Removed
(360) 413 0575** (360) 481 2592 cell

Also, for those that might be reading this, if you are a Washington resident, no out-of-state permit is valid for you.

RCW 9.41.073
Concealed pistol license — Reciprocity.

(1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

(i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

(ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

(b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state.
A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

WA CPL requirement for WA State residents

So true, Navy LT, thanks for reinforcing this point!

Washington State does require it's own CPL of WA State residents. A sort of "respect your own jurisdiction" thing...

The world of permit reciprocity and recognition is confusing, and can change occasionally. I recommend students in my Utah CFL classes check their route again just before a trip and observe the latest carry/no-carry requirements carefully.

9mm Cal, in Washington State

Anyone know of a good trainer in Spokane WA that can fill the gun competency requirement for Oregon?

WA resident meeting the Oregon CCW handgun safety requirement

Their requirement seems to be rather open and can be fulfilled by different means (see the link below). The focus seems to be on there being a handgun safety component to the training.

Check for a local WA instructor of the various listed types of training, if you don't already fall under (and can prove) compliance with the listed categories. NRA also has a list of NRA-certified instructors for their Basic Pistol course.

§ 166.291 Issuance of concealed handgun license

...(f) Demonstrates competence with a handgun by any one of the following:

(A) Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;

(B) Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of the course;

(C) Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or a law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course;

(D) Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course;

(E) Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;

(F) Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked; or

(G) Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun safety was a component of the course;...​
You should also check the Oregon forums on USAcarry.com; there might be some variability in Oregon law enforcement policies by region and Grant County (the one in Oregon) appears to be friendly to non-residents. The entire Oregon thread is quite instructive!

Instructor in Arizona CCW

I live in Western Washington and I would like to get an AZ. CCW but they need a more recent Certification than I have.(1970) So is there an Instructor in this area?

Training documentation for the AZ CCW

Please review the AZ CCW training documentation (or former military service, if that applies to you) categories that can be used for their permit. USACarry has state-specific info, and also see the AZ DPS website as regards CCW requirements.

Obviously, you're getting it for the reciprocities, not for AZ itself! Your WA CPL is absolutely required for you as a WA Resident, regardless of other permits you will possess.

You have a fairly broad number of locally-offered training certifications which you can use for AZ.

You can give one of us here in Western WA a call, or do a web search for your local ranges (many instructors post classes or business cards, or just ask the employees). I occasionally see flyers for Hunter Safety courses. Your city location would be helpful to connect you with someone ("Western WA" is a broad category!).

Again, review the qualifying categories for AZ.

Thanks 9mmCal. I live near Port Orchard,Wa.I did contact Arizona Public Safety and also sent them finger prints and what training I had from 1970 and also my CPL.They sent it all back requesting training not over 5 years old.Thats why I'm looking for an Instructor here locally.
Thanks Nick

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back