List Of Tennessee Gun Ranges

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be used to list all gun ranges in Tennessee. If you would like to help, please post the name, address, phone number, and any other information of a gun range in Tennessee and I will list keep them listed in this first post alphabetically.

header.jpg

Knoxville's Only Indoor Shooting Range is at Coal Creek Armory - 10737 Dutchtown Rd. - 865.966.4545

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

John Sevier Hunter Education Center
2327 Rifle Range Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37918
Range Office and General Info: (865) 594-6279
Fax and Hunter Ed. Class Info: (865) 594-6280

Jacobs Creek - Denton Valley Road, Sullivan Co. (423) 735-1500
Pond Mountain - Hwy. 321, Carter Co. (423) 735-1500
Scioto - Scioto Road, Unicoi Co. (423) 735-1500
Bubbling Springs - Hwy. 107, Cocke Co. (423) 638-4109

There are many more listed on this page:

Link Removed

My favorite range in Memphis is RangeUSA. They are friendly, helpful, and their value is top notch. I've never been to Rangemaster, but I've heard a few complaints from friends about how they tended to be a little on the condescending side. Pretty much, a man who carries a .380 is a wuss.

Range USA > Home ( DNN 3.1.1 )

My favorite range in Memphis is RangeUSA. They are friendly, helpful, and their value is top notch. I've never been to Rangemaster, but I've heard a few complaints from friends about how they tended to be a little on the condescending side. Pretty much, a man who carries a .380 is a wuss.

Range USA > Home ( DNN 3.1.1 )

If they told me some crap like that, I'd ask them if they would feel comfortable around "Matt Roloff" (The guy in the t.v. show "Little People, Big World") carrying something larger than a .380 auto. Don't think he would be able to properly grip anything else. :haha:

gf

went through the defensive handgun classes at range usa levels 1-5 and was very satisfied with them the instructor is Dave and he is a lot of fun yet makes sure you learn what you need to know.
A friend of mine went through the tennessee handgun class at rangemaster and was not happy at all with it,He said that they were kind of militant and rude .I've been there a couple of times and just didn't like it they act like they don't care if you come there or not and you have to call before you go to rangemaster because if they have a class going on they close the range even if the class isn't using it .
its 15miles further for me to go to range usa but I gladly do it because the range is always available ,it's always clean,they have a restraunt,and the people are always friendly

Around Nashville you have the following....

Academy of Self Protection - Joelton - Indoor range - $12 per day or $175 per year, Ladies shoot free on Fridays. - Store on site selling anything you could need. Rental guns also available. Free use of rentals with annual membership. No magnums or shotguns allowed.

Gun City, Nashville - Indoor range - $15 per day or $295 per year. - Store on site with rentals. Never shot here so you'll have to ask about any restrictions.

Stones River Range - Antioch - Outdoor range - $5 per day - Run by TN Wildlife Resources Agency - Rifles and handguns allowed. The address is 2618 Hobson Pike, Antioch. - Open Fri, Sat and Sun.

Jackson Indoor Shooting Range in Jackson TN. Attached to The Great Outdoor Store.
2130 N Highland Ave
Jackson TN 38305
M-S 09:00-20:00
S 13:00-17:00
Link Removed

Cleveland, Athens Tn. area
Fugates Firearms
5085 Hwy 11 S
Charleston, Tn.
423-336-2675
Gun sales, Indoor range, Carry classes , Tuesday-Saturday

Really nice range south of Clarksville in Montgomery County. Been there twice not sure of the exact address. They have Skeet/trap ranges (alot), Pistol, rifle up to 400 yrd, archery with and with out a trail and are currently building a indoor police and tactics training facility. It is owned by the county and ran mostly by volunteers. If anyone wants more info let me know if you cant find what you need.

Last edited:
On target indoor shooting range

LOCATED IN MURFREESBORO, TN

On Target Indoor Shooting Range
915 N. THOMPSON LANE
MURFREESBORO, TN 37129

(615) 890-2690

WWW.ONTARGETTN.COM

This is a very nice range. The staff is great.

Stop in and have a look see and spend some time keeping your skills up to date. They offer carry permit classes,
home protection classes, individual instruction and NRA instructor course. other info: gun shop, class lll dealer,
they also buy , sell or trade.

I am from Missouri and every year my husband and I, with our dog -- attend the Swift National Fly-in at Athens, Tennessee about end of May. Can anyone here tell me where to find the nearest shooting range in Athens? I am not an airplane gal but my husband is an airplane nut. His club only take advantage of me because of my graphic knowledge and most of the time I am bored just being there. I just want to do my own stuff there while he does his. I am not interested in going with women to go shopping either and I can make my own sandwich if I get hungry.

In Knoxville area, we have Coal Creek Armory, Gunnys indoor range in Maryville, and my personal favorite the Sever Indoor Range in Severville, we also have a new indoor range and store being built in Kingston, Frontier Firearms, these are all indoor ranges, have not reserched outdoor places

I am from Missouri and every year my husband and I, with our dog -- attend the Swift National Fly-in at Athens, Tennessee about end of May. Can anyone here tell me where to find the nearest shooting range in Athens? I am not an airplane gal but my husband is an airplane nut. His club only take advantage of me because of my graphic knowledge and most of the time I am bored just being there. I just want to do my own stuff there while he does his. I am not interested in going with women to go shopping either and I can make my own sandwich if I get hungry.

Hey Tuckersmon,

Totally get where your coming from! There are things hubby does I'm not in to either! I can make my own sandwich too,,:laugh: But I'd rather go some where & be waited on for a change! I'm another one who hates to go shopping with the girls! Thats boring to me. I'm happy in jeans & a T-shirt!

Since the range at Frontier is now open(thanks Rocketgeezer!), might as well post specifics:

Frontier Firearms LLC
122 Farmer Road
Kingston, TN 37763

(865) 376-0793
www.FrontierFirearms.net

25 yard indoor pistol range with motorized, programmable targets, wide selection of shotguns, rifles, handguns & accessories, onsite gunsmithing and training.

10-8 Mon-Fri.
9-6 Sat.
1-5 Sun.

Since the range at Frontier is now open(thanks Rocketgeezer!), might as well post specifics:

Frontier Firearms LLC
122 Farmer Road
Kingston, TN 37763

(865) 376-0793
www.FrontierFirearms.net

25 yard indoor pistol range with motorized, programmable targets, wide selection of shotguns, rifles, handguns & accessories, onsite gunsmithing and training.

10-8 Mon-Fri.
9-6 Sat.
1-5 Sun.

Guys this place is first rate, the better half and I checked it out last weekend, the range is trick as hell, never seen anything like it outside a major police training facility, good selection of pistols and rifles and shotguns, ammo is like any other range, not cheap but thats not there main focus, also i beleve they have a inhouse gunsmith, all the usual class's and permit instuction, only problem for me is its 40 miles from home

header.jpg

Knoxville's Only Indoor Shooting Range is at Coal Creek Armory - 10737 Dutchtown Rd. - 865.966.4545

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

John Sevier Hunter Education Center
2327 Rifle Range Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37918
Range Office and General Info: (865) 594-6279
Fax and Hunter Ed. Class Info: (865) 594-6280

Jacobs Creek - Denton Valley Road, Sullivan Co. (423) 735-1500
Pond Mountain - Hwy. 321, Carter Co. (423) 735-1500
Scioto - Scioto Road, Unicoi Co. (423) 735-1500
Bubbling Springs - Hwy. 107, Cocke Co. (423) 638-4109

There are many more listed on this page:

Link Removed

Guys and Ladies, the bunch of people at coal creek are great, of the indoor ranges in the Knoxville area this is the most conveniant, very good seletion of guns and ammo, prices are competitive, range fees are the most reasonable in the area,.....................Now concerning the John Sevier training center, my wife and I, some buds from work, and the bunch from a local gun shop go here a lot, a couple of the RSOs work part time at the shop, nice place to shoot, just about any rifle, shotgun, black powder is ok, along with handguns, only restriction is they don't want any 50 BMGs, outdoor pistol and rifle range has target stands at 15, 50 and 100 yds, covered shooting stands, facility is run by the TWRA, so they have some rules, not bad, just need to be mind of the procedure at the range, the range safety officers are volunteer, and they are there all day, so they can get a little testy, which leads to my biggest reason for posting, as I said the RSOs are volunteer, they don't get paid, they each only work a day or two a month, I would guess there is maybe 20 -25 of them, and most are great to have there, helpful, if you may be haveing trouble with your gun, talk to you like your a human being, they do have a very responsable job, they must make sure the range operation is safe, they do have children there, (with there parents) so safety is paramount, and I certainly do not have a problem with that, BUT I know theres allways a BUT, 2 or 3 of the RSO guys are real ASSHOLES, they do not talk to you or just calmly remind you if your doing something incorrectly, they scream at you, on the PA system like your 5 years old, one of them in fact came real close to getting his attitude adjusted, the only reason I did not take it further is because the place is only 10 mins from the house, and I'm to lazy to drive somewhere else 45 mins to a hour away, again I have no problem whatsoever with the safety rules but these guys acted like little Hitlers,

civil war shootout

Hello, I am the state rep for TMA [traditional muzzle loader association]
Part of my job is to promote black powder shooting in Tennessee. 2011 is going to be a big year for civil war buffs so I am looking at planning a North/South skirmish event. I am basically looking for a gun range capable of handling such an event. Looking for feedback so please feel free to email [email protected].

Nice climate controlled range, computer controlled turning targets.
•Non-Member range rates: $10 per shooter for the standard range, and $15 per shooter for computerized range.
•Range Membership: $200 and covers the cardholder, spouse, and children under the age of 21. The range membership is valid at both stores.

Guns and Leather
2216 Highway 41 South
Greenbrier, TN 37073
(615) 643-4865
Fax: (615) 643-7772

Guns and Leather of Hendersonville
600 West Main St
Hendersonville, TN 37075
(615) 824-7846
Fax: (615) 824-7687

New Threads

Members online