List Of South Carolina Gun Ranges

Greetings from Camp Mike Spann, Afghanistan. I will be home in November and would like to take my family out to shoot. A buddy of mine in Bagram told me of a free public outdoor range near Jamestown off HWY 41. Does anyone know how to get there? I live in Ladson and know the Lowcountry fairly well so, just basic directions would be a big help. Thanks.

Greetings from Camp Mike Spann, Afghanistan. I will be home in November and would like to take my family out to shoot. A buddy of mine in Bagram told me of a free public outdoor range near Jamestown off HWY 41. Does anyone know how to get there? I live in Ladson and know the Lowcountry fairly well so, just basic directions would be a big help. Thanks.

Mrapman - Welcome...

That would be Boggy Head gun range....http://www.usacarry.com/forums/sout...news/4558-list-south-carolina-gun-ranges.html

Outdoor shooting ranges - In Francis Marion National Forest:

USDA Forest Service - Comment Form

Boggy Head - From Moncks Corners head on Hwy 17A East to Hwy 402 make a right, 15 miles to 41 make a left, 9 miles to range on right...Also from Jamestown Hwy 17A West to Bethera Road (around Bonneau) make a left and drive till you hit the range.

Twin Pond - From Charleston take Hwy 17 North for about 25 miles to Steed Creek Road. Turn left, 2 miles to Willow Hall Road. Turn right for a one mile, range on left.

Indoor Gun Ranges -

ATP Gunshop & Range
10 - 15 yard lanes
7 - 25 yard lanes
2 - 20 yard archery lanes
1340 College Park Road
Summerville SC, 29483
Phone 843-873-2250

Went to Myrtle Beach Inside Shooting Range on 8/23/10, they only had two stations open. I waited over an hour for with my party of four and only to be confronted by the "Range Nazii". This guy was nuts, first wanted to check all ammo, then we were told that only one person was allowed per station. If the second person entered they could only instruct but could fire any rounds. Two of our party went into the range and the "Range Nazi" came in and said, "This is an allegator clip do you know how to use it?" No, but if I can't figure out how to use an allegator clip, you're still going to let me shoot a firearm? His relpy was sure. Needless to say we all picked up our gear and left. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up!

hey can someone tell me where i can go shoot my 22lr rifle. i have ptsd and its getting the best of me, and the only way i have fond to help me with that is to put rounds down range. i would do it in my back yard but one its not big enfut and two im in city limets. i live in goose creek and i need to find a rang close by there well let me use my out ammo and gun. all i need is a range and the eye and ear protraction. money it tit so the cheep and closer the better. would rather it be 100yd + but any thing is good at this point

While not in sc this place is close enough-off i20 just two exits over the river off washington rd. Behind mercedesbenz of Augusta

Shooters
1025 patriots way
Augusta ga 30907
706-860-7778
Shootersaugusta.com

Indoor range gunshop billiard store and pool hall open 7 days mon-sat 10-9 sun 1-7

hey can someone tell me where i can go shoot my 22lr rifle. i have ptsd and its getting the best of me, and the only way i have fond to help me with that is to put rounds down range. i would do it in my back yard but one its not big enfut and two im in city limets. i live in goose creek and i need to find a rang close by there well let me use my out ammo and gun. all i need is a range and the eye and ear protraction. money it tit so the cheep and closer the better. would rather it be 100yd + but any thing is good at this point

Don't let them bust your spirit. Try ATP Gun Shop and Range in Goose Creek. They're at the end of College Park Road across from the Skating Rink.

I would recommend using spell check. I'm not the best in English but my spell check makes it a lot better!

There is a free outdoor public range in Francis Marion Forest near Jamestown off HWY 41. The exact directions were posted by melloyello 08/02/2010. have fun.

well i see i well get no help here, it should not matter how one spells. did you ever think that i might be learning disabled and spelling is one of them things i never picked up fully? if you would pull the stick out you butt and be a friend and a grammar cop then i might stay around but seen as im getting shit on this thread and the question i ask on a new one someone is trying to flag me b/c what someone said a myyearbook , witch i dont have or even know wtf it is. i see im not welcomed here

It's more likely you are getting a bit of a cold shoulder due to the content of your post. The grammar discussion may just a be a way to politely ignore the elephant in the room. The BIG deal for me is that you say:

1. You are suffering from PTSD
2. It is getting the best oif you
3. The ONLY way you can find relief is "putting rounds downrange"

Naturally the thought of having someone who is having mental/emotional issues next to you with a deadly weapon may cause pause among the other responsible shooters on this website.

Having said that, at least you have been open about your condition (although that is not the kind of thing I recommend you post on the internet). You will still find help here. Just be a little patient. Get to know the folks here, and let them get to know you. Ask politely, and ask a second time (politely) if necessary. Everyone is welcome as long as they follow Wheaton's Law.

Pickens County Range

Address:
Liberty, SC 29657
Longitude: -82.673
County: Pickens
Phone: 864-855-5747
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. The range is closed the first 'working day' of each month for staff meetings.

Allen Arms. Great range , great people. Very reasonable rates. My wife bought a family membership for my birthday( I think she had alterior motives,but who cares!) They have about anything you could want in a range so give them a go!

If you live in the Midlands, check out the new range in Lexington Near Interstate 20 and Highway 6. Defender Shooting Sports just opened about 2 months ago and is pretty nice. Ten lanes and 25 yards with nice friendly staff. For the moment they are only open weekends (Fri and Sat, 10am - 8pm and Sun. 1:30 - 6pm).

Defender Shooting Sports website

Shooters Choice

Shooters Choice

944 Sunset Boulevard
West Columbia, SC 29169
(803) 791-5498

I have been here several times, I love coming here. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Shooters Choice has a nice selection of rental guns ranging from 9mm to .357's.

They also have CWP classes available for $75.

First about Myrtle Beach Indoor Range. They are usually very friendly. There are a couple who are a pain but most are great. Unfortunately when they expanded the museum they cut out 4 lanes. Your ammo was probably checked because they have had some issues with retail handloads. Your handloads are welcome.

There is also Coastal Sports in Murrels Inlet, closed Mondays. Very clean and nice indoor range. You can usually get a lane. Ammo is fairly costly. You can use your own but are charged $2 a box lead clean up fee even for .22. Buy their .22s bring your own (Walmart). No handloads.

Carolina Arms and Ammo
3415 South Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC.
(843) 367-1061

opening soon. i heard it's supposed to be a 50 lane indoor range + storefront.

Sandlapper Rifle Range
2040 Pine Plain Rd
Swansea, SC 29160

"We are a private range with 1-600 yd rifle range 25-50yd handgun range, clubhouse with facilities and a archery range. Our membership is 250.00/yr and that includes family living in your home. Guest fees are 25.00/day"

THE FIRING LINE
8287 Asheville Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29316
864-804-6720
http://www.thefiringlinesc.com

8 lane indoor range. Very nice folks and not restrictive. They have rentals, hold numerous fun events and many classes.

I've been several times with and without the wife. Each trip was a good experience.

Elite firearms indoor range in Murrells Inlet is new and pretty good. Friendly people, a separate rifle lane, different lighting settings and affordable. They have specials almost every day of the week.
I also really like 707 gun shop and indoor range. Sorry I don't have the addresses on hand right now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back