List Of Connecticut Gun Stores

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will be used to list all gun stores in Connecticut. If you would like to help, please post the name, address, phone number, and any other information of a gun store in Connecticut and I will list keep them listed in this first post alphabetically.

Ron's guns in Niantic. Odd hours and lots of old stuff. Nice staff.
Hoffman's in Newington. Big new store. Lots of merch. Staff are total pricks. Known for terrible customer service.Sticker price only- no exceptions.
Newington Gun Exchange (NGX) in Newington...duh. Great staff. Excellent CS. Discounts for cash and repeat business.

Last edited:
New gun store in SE CT!

called "The Outpost" in the Grist Mill plaza on Rte.32 across from Corrigan prison. Should be open right after Thanksgiving.

updates to follow....

I hold a conneticut NON RESIDENT LTC... can i buy a pistol in Conneticut??

thanks

mooncusserhttp://www.usacarry.com/forums/images/smilies/new1/nhl_checking.gif

Warning!

IIRC, Federal law dictates that a handgun can only be purchased in your state of residence. You can pay for and have one shipped to your home FFL, but you can't walk out of a store with one.

Whoops! Forgot to mention that one!

Uh oh. That pesky FFL requirement is the kind of everyday detail that seems so ubiquitous that I forget to mention it. Thanks for the save, Whiskey.

I am new to the state, and I was told at the local gun shop that I could not even handle a pistol at the store without a permit. Coming from PA (no permit required for purchase, no fingerprints or class for permit, no waiting period at all), it was a bit.... off putting. If I had known, I would have bought one more handgun before changing my license. Oh, well....

:cray:

The Outpost Guns & Ammo
Gristmill Plaza
1031 Norwich NL Turnpike
Uncasville CT 06382

Tel: 860-848-4888
Fax: 860-848-0082

Our Web Site: Link Removed

A couple more worth mentioning....

I have visited K-5 Arms Exchange in Milford a few times. I bought some ammunition and accessories, but nothing too pricey. I found most of the staff helpful, and there seemed to be a bit of the "gun store social" scene that I remember from home (I'm from TN). They also have a fairly substantial amount of firearms on hand, especially handguns and tacticool rifles.

K-5 Arms Exchange
962 Boston Post Road (Rt 1)
Milford, CT 06460
203-878-9981
Welcome to K-5 Arms Exchange,Inc.

I also have to mention a nice little place in North Branford: Connecticut Sporting Arms. It is a small place, and their on-hand stock is not very large, but they are extremely nice. They are also very competative in their pricing for special orders, which is a pleasant change of pace.

Connecticut Sporting Arms
1179 Foxon Road
North Branford, CT 06471
(203) 484-7474
www.connecticutsportingarms.com

New Gun Shop

Prospect Firearms is going to be opening in Prospect ct. There address is 103 Union city rd
Prospect, Ct. 06712. Phone is 203-758-4225

They will offer Pistol Classes, Gun Transfers and Sales. Sell ammo and will handle 1911's and AR-15 type Rifles. Good luck to you.

I have found two gun stores in CT. worth mentioning.
Cabellas
475 East Hartford Blvd. North
East Hartford, CT.
They have a good supply of both new and used guns, Hand guns, rifles and shotguns.
the prices seem to be good, but don't try and sell them a gun, they offer chicken feed.

and
Brooklyn Trading Post (860-774-7468
106 Tripp Hollow Rd.
'Brooklyn, CT. 06234
Nice store, nice people, not much stock, also have Archery Equiptment and Fishing Gear.

Ron's guns in Niantic. Odd hours and lots of old stuff. Nice staff.
Hoffman's in Newington. Big new store. Lots of merch. Staff are total pricks. Known for terrible customer service.Sticker price only- no exceptions.
Newington Gun Exchange (NGX) in Newington...duh. Great staff. Excellent CS. Discounts for cash and repeat business.
Can you include addresses for these two shops?

New England Stream & Field
157 Merriden Road, Rt. 66 Middletown, CT. 860-347-4353.
Small store, some new guns some used guns. Fishing, and archery too.

J.T.'S Gun Shop
18 Mill Plain road
Danbury, CT.
203-792-8036

Small gun store, Mostly new stock, some used. More rifles and shot guns than pistols. I thought his prices were on the high side, but I can't keep prices in my head for long. and there are so many variations of style and sizes, it's hard to keep track.

no longer

New England Stream & Field
157 Merriden Road, Rt. 66 Middletown, CT. 860-347-4353.
Small store, some new guns some used guns. Fishing, and archery too.

I just drove by the shop and they appear to be gone. There is a sign in the window that all transactions have been transferred to blue trails

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back