Limber or Para?

drewoufan

Well. I'm in shock, but my wife said go get the gun you need and want. Huh? What? You messing with me woman?! Lol. She wasn't. So my preference is the 1911 style. I've narrowed it down to two. The Limber Ultra Carry II and the Para Slim Hogg. I know its opinion, but id like to hear opinions and facts if you have any. Thanks.

With a .45 I've heard of some issues with a double stack. Not from personnel experience, just stuff I've been told about at different shops. Maybe something to look into, our ask about

He's using an Ipad or Iphone. Every time I try to spell Kimber it comes out Limber.

So, today I carry a kimber because I am sitting in my office. Tonite, it will probably be a Limber if someone asks me about it! :):)

KK

Well, my opinion about the question.

Not bragging, but I have a bunch of guns, I just like them.

In all the years I have been collecting, somehow I never achieved Kimber status until last month.

This past year, for my birthday, my wife said that I should get a Kimber.

A Kimber I got. It's an Ultra Raptor II in Stainless.

It feels good, it shoots very well and feels like no other on my side, because I know, it's a Kimber.

Treat yourself, you may never get another chance for a Kimber. They are just decadent and nobody really needs a Kimber when almost every other gun out there will do.

KK

Personally, I am not a huge fan of either. Para has had their fair share of quality issues over the years, and they seem to have terrible customer service. This is not personal experience, but I have read a BUNCH on the 1911 forums because I love 1911's.

Kimber makes some pretty guns, and they are usually spot-on for accuracy... BUT, I have personally seen 2 of them with cracked/broken slides over the years... one was pretty catastrophic. With that being said, I love the looks of them and the ones I have shot were very accurate...I just worry about the quality of the slides.

With a .45 I've heard of some issues with a double stack. Not from personnel experience, just stuff I've been told about at different shops. Maybe something to look into, our ask about

I've done a good bit of shooting with my M&P 45 which has a double stack mag; no feed issues. I also used a Glock 30 for a course a while back. Double stack mag; no feed issues.

Have a Kimber ultra crimson carry and love it! Dead on, easy to shoot and easier to carry! Breakdown is rough but if you buy it, check out this site for a tool that makes it a very quick and easy no brainer. Link Removed

Dancamptv:256124 said:
Have a Kimber ultra crimson carry and love it! Dead on, easy to shoot and easier to carry! Breakdown is rough but if you buy it, check out this site for a tool that makes it a very quick and easy no brainer. Link Removed

I have been looking.at a kimber for a while and I didnt know.they had a weird takedown tool needed.

Dancamptv; is it really worth it to get the Crimson Ultra? Do you utilize the lazer enough to pay an extra $250? Most I've talked to say they don't use it and sure wouldent in the heat of the moment. Whats your take on it?

I have a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II. Easy to conceal with the right holster, great shooter and good looking to boot.

I have been looking.at a kimber for a while and I didnt know.they had a weird takedown tool needed.

It doesn't require anything more than a bent paperclip if you can't find the bent wires that come with the gun. Look up the takedown procedures on YouTube and watch it. There is little difference and the basic principle remains the same.

KK

I shoot both with and without the laser. Never count on the life of batteries. They tend to die at the most inopportune times. I think it would have the same effect on somebody as the sound of a Mossberg 500 being racked.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back