Like I Said......

G50AE "The poster in question likes to railroad thread and make personal attacks. I have often thought that he or she is icemanmpls under another name"
Maybe it's icemanpls with a badge!:laugh:

Maybe you all should not just go by the medias account of what happened. You jumped right on it just like the Anti-gun groups did. I thought, as a group, we would stick by each other and not help the opposing team.

I guess that is why we can't get anywhere with our fight for our rights.

"Let the one without sin,cast the first stone."

Cool it and please read my response again...and the smilie at the end? Please??? ...geez...you jumped at me straight away. I am not as stupid as you think...ooopppsss you didn't say I'm toopid, did you?:wacko::biggrin: afraid not....:hang3:

:biggrin::biggrin:Hey Mom, don't get your panties in a wad. :biggrin::biggrin: Were just one big happy Family.:pleasantry:

Eddy-Eddy, We jus all pointing a few things out and having a bit of fun.

Thanks DOC, now I gotta go get me a funnel cake. We are family..............(Ain't that Big yet, gives a better meaning to Puff Daddy)

Maybe you all should not just go by the medias account of what happened. You jumped right on it just like the Anti-gun groups did. I thought, as a group, we would stick by each other and not help the opposing team.
I guess that is why we can't get anywhere with our fight for our rights.

"Let the one without sin,cast the first stone."

An idiot like her is the best help the "other team" could ask for. By not being afraid to criticize our own we show that we're serious about safety and responsibility. There's nothing worse (and less credible) than an "old boy network" that chooses to downplay and cover up such activity by pretending that it somehow fits into the normal parameters of acceptable behavior.

An idiot like her is the best help the "other team" could ask for. By not being afraid to criticize our own we show that we're serious about safety and responsibility. There's nothing worse (and less credible) than an "old boy network" that chooses to downplay and cover up such activity by pretending that it somehow fits into the normal parameters of acceptable behavior.

The problem is: what are our accepted parameters of behavior: I find that, as a firm believer in the 2d Amendment and a CCW holder, that I am grouped in with the Aryan nation, KKK and "Anarchy is the only true Democracy" groups. The general consensus is that : if you carry a gun you are an up righteous Christian and American Patriot whereas if you don't, you are a Jew loving, Black loving, Latino loving, Communist Liberal.

I am an Independent Free Market Conservative, a Christian, a Veteran and have tolerance for all races and religions. I believe that some people won't arm because of their moral beliefs and some of us will arm because we are pragmatic and aware of our surroundings. Both groups are people and have good people in them. I am not part of the "Us and them" crowd.

Forget the moral part, it no longer has any influence to anything in our lives. Our "morals" are simply prejudices and bias today. But we do need to look at our responsibilities for safe carry and good judgment in the use of our weapons.

I am not "us" and I am not "them", I am "me" and I carry solely to protect me and mine.

wooddoctor:212233 said:
Why should she get a break??? The rules apply to her like they apply to us. It is called Brandishing. How about pulling your gun out in public and see what kind of break you will get. She was wrong and now must pay the consequences.

Actually "brandishing" requires that the weapon be waved about in a threatening manner. Otherwise how would you be able to carry one to your car, to the range, look at one in a store, etc....?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=brandishing

Actually "brandishing" requires that the weapon be waved about in a threatening manner. Otherwise how would you be able to carry one to your car, to the range, look at one in a store, etc....?

Link Removed

While I'm sure that her actions weren't meant in a threatening way and she's not guilty of brandishing, 99% of accidental shootings start with somebody doing exactly what she did - improperly handling a firearm. She didn't accidentally point her pistol at somebody....she did it very purposefully as an innocent yet foolhardy demonstration. She may not have committed a crime but she still deserves a sharp rebuke such as she has gotten on this board. Next time she (and others) might think twice before doing something stupid with a firearm and save us some grief.

Link Removed

I understand and agree with the definition of the term. However, consider this scenario. You are in a crowded restaurant and are sitting in a booth and you decide to show your girlfriend how your new laser sight works. You stand up so you can easily remove your concealed weapon on point the laser beam on her chest and laugh. I would be up and out of there calling 911 quicker than sewage running thru the White House.

I think the sewage just collects and festers in the White House. We aint never gonna get that stink out of there:laugh:

B2Tall:213170 said:

Link Removed

While I'm sure that her actions weren't meant in a threatening way and she's not guilty of brandishing, 99% of accidental shootings start with somebody doing exactly what she did - improperly handling a firearm. She didn't accidentally point her pistol at somebody....she did it very purposefully as an innocent yet foolhardy demonstration. She may not have committed a crime but she still deserves a sharp rebuke such as she has gotten on this board. Next time she (and others) might think twice before doing something stupid with a firearm and save us some grief.

Oh I wasnt defending her actions, no that was pretty stupid. My post was only to keep the definition of "brandishing" from becoming more than it actually is.

wooddoctor:213181 said:

Link Removed

I understand and agree with the definition of the term. However, consider this scenario. You are in a crowded restaurant and are sitting in a booth and you decide to show your girlfriend how your new laser sight works. You stand up so you can easily remove your concealed weapon on point the laser beam on her chest and laugh. I would be up and out of there calling 911 quicker than sewage running thru the White House.

Well, I OC so my firearm is easily accessible from a seated position and I wouldnt point it at her chest, that would be brandishing.

I was not suggesting that you would by no means. Hypothetical. That is what the senator did. The laws need to apply them as well us peasants.

The problem is: what are our accepted parameters of behavior: I find that, as a firm believer in the 2d Amendment and a CCW holder, that I am grouped in with the Aryan nation, KKK and "Anarchy is the only true Democracy" groups. The general consensus is that : if you carry a gun you are an up righteous Christian and American Patriot whereas if you don't, you are a Jew loving, Black loving, Latino loving, Communist Liberal.

I am an Independent Free Market Conservative, a Christian, a Veteran and have tolerance for all races and religions. I believe that some people won't arm because of their moral beliefs and some of us will arm because we are pragmatic and aware of our surroundings. Both groups are people and have good people in them. I am not part of the "Us and them" crowd.

Forget the moral part, it no longer has any influence to anything in our lives. Our "morals" are simply prejudices and bias today. But we do need to look at our responsibilities for safe carry and good judgment in the use of our weapons.

I am not "us" and I am not "them", I am "me" and I carry solely to protect me and mine.

and that is the problem, Every man for him self. "Divided We Fall"

Calling her an idiot is criticism? I think that is bashing. Not finding out both sides and not "criticizing" the reporter, I think, is wrong.

We all make mistakes.

We shouldn't down play it or cover it up, but we shouldn't add to the frenzy either.

Ed, I am sorry but I must disagree with your willingess to give her a pass. You know as well as I and many others that we would not get a pass had we done what she did. It pisses me off that she did get a pass. You and I under the simular circumstances would be sitting in jail. I don't buy, this is what got us here in the first place!!!

Ed, I am sorry but I must disagree with your willingess to give her a pass. You know as well as I and many others that we would not get a pass had we done what she did. It pisses me off that she did get a pass. You and I under the simular circumstances would be sitting in jail. I don't buy, this is what got us here in the first place!!!

If she pointed at him on purpose I would agree, but from what I understand she did not. He stepped into the laser light. probable on purpose. She claims she unloaded and cleared firearm and was showing the cameraman the laser by pointing it at a couch, a couch for back stage personnel.

Edsworld:213304 said:

If she pointed at him on purpose I would agree, but from what I understand she did not. He stepped into the laser light. probable on purpose. She claims she unloaded and cleared firearm and was showing the cameraman the laser by pointing it at a couch, a couch for back stage personnel.

If these are facts, notwithstanding if the reporter did it on purpose or not, then she committed no crime.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back