Lights For Ccw And Law Enforcement

THE TACTICAL LIGHT, THE DRIVEWAY PATROL AND THE BEARS

Hi guys,
Been working like a madman for a couple of years, little time to visit or do reviews, besides I am making my own tactical light now, rechargeable and with 350 lumens. I have two lamps for the light, a 1 level 350 lumens to use as a weapon light (I supply the pressure pad switch and the mount) and another lamp with five levels.

In a recent revision of the circuit of the 5 level lamp, the lower setting of 50 lumens was increased in run time to 24 hours!
So the lamp runs 350 lumens for 2 hours 20 minutes, 175 lumens for 4 hours 20 minutes and 50 lumens for 24 hours!
It also has a 350 lumens strobe and a 350 lumens SOS. And all this running on a rechargeable battery.

I have a private, secluded place in the Adirondacks where I fly fish for trout, it is a camping proposition, and in an area noted by a great amount of Bear traffic. It must be the berry patches or another feature of the terrain, but the place seems to be a preferred haunt by black bears. And I camp by myself for two or three days or until my fishing arm falls off.

Over the years I have had to chase several bears out of the campsite in the dark hours of the night. For years I have been using the Driveway Patrol as an alarm system, the PIR infrared of the sensor will detect body heat/movement up to 20/30 feet away, and the alarm chime inside the tent will wake me up.

I usually get up and opening the tent door I shine a powerful light (a Borealis 1,150 lumens) and in a gruff voice I tell the intruder to get out.
It works until now, but I am well aware that one day a cross bear or a mother with cubs can give me trouble or try to make a meal out of me.

So the new addition of the tactical light in the 50 lumens mode, permits me to flood the campsite area with light all night long, and still have battery juice for three more nights.
So when the alarm awakes me, just a look out of the screen door, will let me know beforehand what I am dealing with.

I put the alarm sensor on a ¼ “ pole and on top a piece of wood with a hole for the pole and the light secured on top. Actually I have two sets like that, so I also can see what is going on when I look out the side window.
Here is a picture of the set up.

2004_02180009.jpg

Of course I have Bear protection with me and I also take all the necessary precautions to keep an odor free camp, to the extend of cooking my meals and storing my food and clothing with scents, 200 yards away from my sleeping quarters.

If somebody is interested in the tactical, rechargeable light or in the weapon light, just send me an e-mail to
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

The Driveway Patrol is available all over the net, the last time I bought it was $19.99 from same place in the net.
If you camp where Bears could be an issue, think about my set up, it could save you some aggravation or worst.
Cheers

Watchmaker

In a friendly way ... do you have a fetish for lights or are you just very, very afraid of the dark?

PRESENTING THE NEW
LION BOREALIS 1,150-LUMEN FLASHLIGHT

After 6 years of handcrafting the Borealis Rolls Royce, I have stopped making them in favor of the new LION BOREALIS.

2004_03280018.jpg

The new light uses a different and new power source: three newly developed Lithium Ion, fully protected batteries.
The new batteries power the 3 ½ amps of the powerful Borealis bulb, and will produce 47 minutes of runtime.

Since it is made with the “host” of the 4C format, it is much lighter than the Borealis Rolls Royce, at 12 ¾” long and 19 oz heavy.

It uses the same bulb and reflector of the famous Borealis Rolls Royce, so beam quality, throw distance and flood spread remain the same.
Extensive tests were done in hot, cold, underwater, and muddy environments, and the new LION (short for Li Ion batteries) is as sturdy and dependable as the old Rolls Royce.

Please e-mail me at jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com for more information. My PayPal is the same as the address above.
Looking forward to being of service.

Watchmaker

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.

I just pick myself up a little Nebo Redline tactical light for a small edc light and I have to say... Extremely impressed! Very bright for my satisfaction and priced right. Only complaint I have is the pressure switch to tuen on is a bit cumbersome but practice makes perfect! :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back