Lightest possible cover jacket

indymichaelb

I'm relatively new to ccw, usually carry iwb, but considering alternatives for owb. I also get hot quickly with anything other than a very light jacket.

Looking for the lightest, coolest, jacket / fleece or whatever to cover a owb carry.
Something I can leave on while indoors
Something that provides virtually no real warmth at all, but does a good job of concealing

Suggestions?

I wear owb and usually a shirt that is meant to be worn not tucked in. A non lined jacket will suffice also for legal ccw.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Consider looking into mesh motorcycle jackets. Some come without built-in armor and may suit your needs.

Link Removed seems to have removable armor pads, so it may be an option. Good price right now, too.

Try Columbia's stuff. I use one of their button up shirts to conceal over a tank top on warmer days. Their hiking jackets and shirts would be good, though you might have to wait until spring before they have more lighter-weight stuff, though this: Link Removed is in the Outlet, and while still expensive, very good quality.

You also might want to try a vest, instead.

I wear polo shirts and wear a out of the waistband holster and never have a problem concealing with no printing. Get darker colors with a pattern. I have plain colors and they do the job also.

Yep - my experience has been that any loose fitting shirt meant to be worn untucked is just fine as long as it is long enough, or your holster rides high enough. I always wear a T-Shirt, even when open carrying with my outer shirt tucked behind the gun just in case I decide to flip my outer shirt over the gun. I don't like the feeling of bare firearm against my bare skin.

That's the only different for me between open carry and concealed carry - the shirt either gets tucked behind the gun, or over the gun.

Howdy

Yep - my experience has been that any loose fitting shirt meant to be worn untucked is just fine as long as it is long enough, or your holster rides high enough. I always wear a T-Shirt, even when open carrying with my outer shirt tucked behind the gun just in case I decide to flip my outer shirt over the gun. I don't like the feeling of bare firearm against my bare skin.

That's the only different for me between open carry and concealed carry - the shirt either gets tucked behind the gun, or over the gun.

+1!

I always wear something under my shirt, thank you Uncle Sam!

When I'm not at work I always wear a wife beater/A-shirt under my shirt tucked in because I hate a gun against my bare skin too.

I too need to find a lightweight jacket to wear during the winter months while I CCW which is 99.95% of the time when I'm not at work.

Paul

You might also look into some vests. I'm in Houston so even when the temp drops here I don't like to wear a jacket. The cold air is so rare I really want to soak up as much as I can for the short time it is here. I just started wearing a vest that is the liner to one of my jackets and unzips to become a vest on it's own. I feel that it does a great job of concealing and not getting too hot. Maybe it is only my opinion but to me a vest screams of someone who is carrying concealed especially when it is warm weather. Not sure if those who would wish you harm link vests with CC or only those who have taken a class and are concerned with concealment.

+1 for a square tail shirt over a tee shirt. Even in the summer you can get away with this I also wear a vest from time to time although the photographers vest does pretty much scream "I gotta GUN"

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

I carry in a shoulder holster and when warm wear T shirt and cover with a larger size shirt with the sleeves cut off. Kind of a "Larry the cable guy" style. Should work with a OWB carry. Check second hand stores for cheap shirts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back