LifeLock

BC1

Anyone here using a credit protection service? Spoke with LifeLock and found they are ridiculous. $650 per year for my wife and I, disclaimers that they won't catch the fraud and lists of things they do with no explanation. Cust svc couldn't explain the claims in the ads; protecting home equity, etc. Anyone using another service?

I've been using Lifelock for over 10 years. My identity has been stolen once since then and a fake IRS filing was done. I also had a few other instances of ATM & bank scam attempts in that time. I've found Lifelock to be worth every penny I've paid. But, I have heard that you can get pretty much the same type of protection from the three Credit Report companies (minus the guaranteed recovery benefit).

One of the things that I did after someone stole my ID & hacked my bank accounts was to file a fraud alert with the credit reporting companies and the IRS. This means that even f I get caught in scam again. the BG's can't get anywhere because my name & SS# flagged and I will get a call or a contact telling me someone is attempting to use my name, account or SS#.

The only downside to having a fraud alert on my IRS acount and credit reports is the increased hassle of getting a loan. It's still possible to do so. But, it stops scammers cold because it's an automatic refusal with banks and it signals the IRS to investigate any filing.

-

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back