License Renewal

kc4yrr

I just got my License renewed today here in Florida. I was one day shy of 6 weeks. I wonder how that would compare with other states renewals.

I renewed mine last June here in Missouri. I walked into my county Sheriffs Dept and walked out with my renewal approval. That took about 15 minutes. I then had to go to my local DMV to get a non drivers id card to put my endorsement on. Total time less than an hour.

My last renewal went from SNAFU to FUBAR ..I do not know why it took so long, rumor was at the time that the gals at the licensing dept were swamped with new licenses..anyway, my "renewal" took 144 days!

As per AR Law (5-73-308), we have as long as a 120 day wait before a license is issued:

(2) Within one hundred twenty (120) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in § 5-73-311(a), the director shall:
(A) Issue the license; or
(B) Deny the application based solely on the ground that the applicant fails to qualify under the criteria listed in this subchapter.

At the 120 day, I started calling..got a run around a couple of times, had to fax in some papers, beg and plead and almost had to kiss ass (something abt a felony charge 35 yrs ago) and finally got the ok..yeah I know, makes no sence since I have had the license for abt 10yrs now and didnt have a problem previously, thus the FUBAR..all is well now tho, I am good to go..kinda having the same problem with my FL non resident..still waiting to hear from them..Utah no problem, have that one in my posession.

just renewed my utah ccw about a month ago.. it only took about 3 weeks. I was surprised it did not take longer actually.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back