Letter of reason for CCW permit?

Jareedo

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting my CCW permit in RI and we are required to send a letter containing a reason for obtaining a permit.I was wondering if anyone else has done this and whats some other things that sound good :unsure: that I can list other than personal protection and the fact that I work in and around the city at all times of the day and night doing service work for my Plumbing and Heating business.I also wondered if it would be a good idea to send some articles pertaining to the benefits of a CCW permit?

How bout you are the only person responsible for your life, and you haven't been assigned a personal police officer yet.

tell them you are self employed, and take large deposits to the bank...mostly the night deposit box...gpr

Nice answers but none of them will work in here NY.

Carry a lot of cash? Show me your last 6 months of bank deposits.

You are the only person responsible for your life. Sorry, your life has to be more valuable then the general community to allow you to carry.

Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. The police have no obligation to protect you but they always bring plenty of chalk to mark the bodies.

The fact that it is your right as an American Citizen. Sorry, according to the NY constitution the 2nd gives no right to the people to bear arms.

Hope you have better luck in RI.:biggrin:

RI is a "May Issue" state vs. a "Shall Issue" State. Learn more about it here:

Link Removed

I don't think any pro-gun information will help you in this case. It sounds to me like they are limiting permits based on actual need rather than your individual rights. Of course, in this case, actual need is perceived by the issuing authority. In other words, if you misspelled any words or he doesn't like the part in your hair - you're out.

Jump through the hoops. Write an eloquent letter (or dictate your thoughts to a friend or relative that has writing skills), and cross your fingers. It looks like you're only out $40 if they don't like you for whatever reason that day.

Good luck friend! :victory:

Got my permit in 1996 in New York and in 2008, took a class in hand gun safety and laws, given by Rochester Personal Defense. Then I applied for a concealed carry permit and was granted one within a couple of weeks.
Look into it.

I think you making service calls to different areas during days AND nights will be good to include as well as if you carry cash/checks deposits also. This is just me and my opinion but if RI is a "shall issue" state, which it must be, I wouldn't make a huge deal in the letter of it being your right under the 2A, we all know it is your right, but you never know, they may think your just being a smart aleck or something. Just the way some people are, esp the way the politics are going these days. I think relating your request to your personal protection related to travel/business, etc might be good. Good luck.

tell them you are self employed, and take large deposits to the bank...mostly the night deposit box...gpr

Thats a good one

If that doesnt work then quote the second ammendment. keep and BEAR arms!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back