Letter from my Senator

Scarecrow

this was in my email today in response to an email I sent to my state senators encouraging them to vote against the wall street bail out crock of crap! I like her stance on the issue!

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the financial crisis package recently considered in Congress. I share your anger and frustration about this situation. Although I think we need to act to fix our American economy, I do not feel this bill is the right way to do it, and I voted against this package when it came before me in the Senate.

What is most outrageous to me is that this is not an accident. We are in this crisis because of a failed philosophy and a failed set of priorities that have rewarded greed. We have seen policies of massive deregulation and willful neglect of what is going on in these markets.

We know there is a crisis on Wall Street, but there's a much bigger crisis in Michigan and across America. Hard-working families, who play by the rules, are the ones in crisis every single day, and this bill does little for them. People are losing their health care, their pensions, their jobs, and their homes.

This legislation is fundamentally the wrong approach to fixing our economy. We need to start from the root of the problem and help families stay in their homes and keep their jobs.
Just last week, the Senate was unable to get bipartisan support for a jobs bill that would have helped families in Michigan who are suffering the worst in this economy. Our bill would have created desperately needed jobs in Michigan. That bill represented the right priorities!

Although I'm glad the final bill included some alternative energy tax provisions that I have championed in the Senate, the underlying legislation did not do enough to address the real problems of jobs, health care, energy independence, and home foreclosures.

In the coming months, I will continue fighting to stop the policies that got us to this crisis and hold the people accountable who failed to protect our country. Most importantly, I will continue to focus on creating new jobs in Michigan.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

...Just last week, the Senate was unable to get bipartisan support for a jobs bill that would have helped families in Michigan who are suffering the worst in this economy. Our bill would have created desperately needed jobs in Michigan. That bill represented the right priorities!

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

Would someone please explain to me in blue collar words how such a bill "creates" jobs? I never have been able to figure that out, and would like to know how it is done.

Would someone please explain to me in blue collar words how such a bill "creates" jobs? I never have been able to figure that out, and would like to know how it is done.

That just a typical feel-good talking point by a career politician. You're right to be skeptical.

That just a typical feel-good talking point by a career politician. You're right to be skeptical.

Closest I can figure, me being a business owner, I wonder: WHERE has the business gone? 30 years ago, there were 14 automotive machine shops in Salem. Today, there are TWO of us left. 300,000 people, THOUSANDS of people and repair shops working on cars, pickups, trucks and TWO small shops (Glen has 2 employees and I have 2 employees) do most of the machine work for those thousands of shops and people.

I guess maybe they mean they will put more people on welfare and THOSE people will bring in enough brake drums and rotors to be turned that I will get to hire a new employee to keep up?

I guess that is about as good of an answer as any that we get from the Government.

Like you say, those words SOUND good, so they repeat them all the time.

Anyone else got a better answer on how the Government "makes" new jobs? LOL What a crock.

I know where some of the new jobs come from. If I hire a new employee, the Government will hire 35 or 40 new employees to take care of all the new paperwork and taxes my new employee is going to produce. Hahahaaha.

Closest I can figure, me being a business owner, I wonder: WHERE has the business gone? 30 years ago, there were 14 automotive machine shops in Salem. Today, there are TWO of us left. 300,000 people, THOUSANDS of people and repair shops working on cars, pickups, trucks and TWO small shops (Glen has 2 employees and I have 2 employees) do most of the machine work for those thousands of shops and people.

I guess maybe they mean they will put more people on welfare and THOSE people will bring in enough brake drums and rotors to be turned that I will get to hire a new employee to keep up?

I guess that is about as good of an answer as any that we get from the Government.

Like you say, those words SOUND good, so they repeat them all the time.

Anyone else got a better answer on how the Government "makes" new jobs? LOL What a crock.

I know where some of the new jobs come from. If I hire a new employee, the Government will hire 35 or 40 new employees to take care of all the new paperwork and taxes my new employee is going to produce. Hahahaaha.

Of course our fine politicians tend to ignore facts like these for the sake of convenience and political expediency.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back