Lets approach this from another angle

spdracr39

How many of you have never had to draw your weapon and how long have you been carrying and are you open or CC. I think the opportunities to use your weapon for self defense are few and far between but the stories about people having the ability and opportunity to defend themselves are good to read. The best ones are when no shots are fired.

I've been conceal carrying for 32 years. I have had to show once and draw once. Never fired.

CCing for 12 years. Drawn 3 times but never displayed - twice in road rage incidents and once upon being approached in an empty parking lot late at night while I was getting in my truck. In the end nothing happened in any of the cases and none of the potential threats ever saw my gun.

CC for less than a year, OC very occasionally over the course of 10 years before that.

Drew on my own property once to noise in my back yard - turned out to be coyotes.

It took me a decade to start to carry after I came to live here. You know...I just didn't see the need. I CC because it is hard to follow which county allows CC and OC here. I just couldn't be bothered changing everytime without ruining my girlie looks so I practice drawing from cc until I got the hang of it. I had drawn my weapon once or twice only to find out it was my dog going up and down the stairs...uh...he's still alive and eating me out of my house. LOL

I've been Carrying Concealed for roughly 20 years now. In that whole time, I've never Cleared the Leather. I'm very thankful it has never got to that point.

Only once,I had to put my hand on the Grip,as an Very grazed guy was yelling,and screaming while headed straight at me,and my son.

while putting grogeries in the bed of my truck. As I stepped back,and put my hand in the ready position.He froze, and as quick as he approached,He turned 180° Exiting in opposite direction.

End of that situation. That was 9 years ago all quite since then,and extremly grateful

trophyhunter:237615 said:
I've been Carrying Concealed for roughly 20 years now. In that whole time, I've never Cleared the Leather. I'm very thankful it has never got to that point.

Only once,I had to put my hand on the Grip,as an Very grazed guy was yelling,and screaming while headed straight at me,and my son.

while putting grogeries in the bed of my truck. As I stepped back,and put my hand in the ready position.He froze, and as quick as he approached,He turned 180° Exiting in opposite direction.

End of that situation. That was 9 years ago all quite since then,and extremly grateful

Well, its no wonder the guy was acting weird. He'd already been grazed! Plus he was probably just trying to give you some urgent advice: Truck beds are NOT made for grogeries!

Brand new to carrying (2 weeks) so obviously I have not drawn. I like most hope the day never comes that I do have to draw but I practice to be prepared for that event.

Well, its no wonder the guy was acting weird. He'd already been grazed! Plus he was probably just trying to give you some urgent advice: Truck beds are NOT made for grogeries!
Aw come on...he DID buy grog that day ya'know...LOL. TH, ignore him...he is just in the mood for picking on someone, it just happened to be you. Anyway, we know what you mean...I was just about to reply about protecting your son and yourself. That was close...

Grog? Is it just me because we Aussies refer to alcoholic drink as "grog"? Or is it also an American term? Just asking...

CC permitted for 4 yrs. I do not open carry primarily because I don't like listening to ignorant or stupid people talk.

Unholstered in my vehicle twice while driving in anticipation of being confronted by drivers who were following me: 1) one was offended by my legal right turn - he drove off cause I stopped and indicated I knew he was following me (I won't be doing that again - driving to the PS!), and 2) the other, unknown reason. I had children with me both times. I've heard noises in my house several times and have walked through drawn/ready.

Other than that, nothing.

There are various shootings, assaults with weapons, and killings every day in the vicinity of where I live and occurring in the places I shop. These incidents may be few and far between for ME, but not for the victims, which I could be one day. I don't ever want to be a victim and I don't ever want to beat, stab, shoot or kill anyone.

KCD1974:237574 said:
Sounds like you are looking for anti gun reasons for carrying...

What does this mean?

For me 8 years, never had a situation escalate to that point. I have allowed the police to de-escalate several situations when others have been out of control.

What does this mean?

For me 8 years, never had a situation escalate to that point. I have allowed the police to de-escalate several situations when others have been out of control.

I think he thought I was trying to make the point that it is a rare occurrence and we really don't need to carry. That is not my intention in any form or fashion.

CCW for 25 years, instructor for 17 years. Never had an incident at all. In fact I only carry when going to questionable neighborhoods or when carrying money. Wife says I'm getting soft.

Aw come on...he DID buy grog that day ya'know...LOL. TH, ignore him...he is just in the mood for picking on someone, it just happened to be you. Anyway, we know what you mean...I was just about to reply about protecting your son and yourself. That was close...

Grog? Is it just me because we Aussies refer to alcoholic drink as "grog"? Or is it also an American term? Just asking...

It's not just you Aussies, all the Pirates here in Florida call it grog too! ;-D

30 plus years concealed. Began in PA then GA and now FL. Never had to draw down on a human but the 1 time I did draw, the dog owner wasn't too thrilled I was ready to cork his dog in my yard.

I have drawn twice on dogs...never on a human yet...

The first dog was a large black stray that kept getting into my garbage...I came around the corner taking out the trash one night and surprised him in the middle of his favorite pastime, spreading garbage all over my yard. He bared his teeth and growled at me. I drew my USP45. As soon a I racked the slide (I used to be a big fan of Israeli draw) the mutt took off... He had played that game before. We found him dead along the road about a week later where he had been clipped by a vehicle. The mutt actually belonged to my crap bag neighbors down the road who refused to keep their animal put up.

The other was a large black pit bull that escaped another neighbors yard. He started barking and charging...I realized he belonged to my neighbor and yell at him as I drew. He stopped and sat when I yelled. Good thing he did, he was in front of my ride. I spoke firmly but directly and told him let's go home. The dog was actually pretty well behaved. My neighbor thanked me for not shooting him and helping him catch him. He saw what happened and was coming running to get him. All in all I made a new friend and now have another shooting buddy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back