LEO Interaction...

hardballer

Recently had occasion to call a deputy sheriff to my home. We met as I was conversing with neighbors. I wear a gun belt with four mag holders, and a Gold cup style 1911 in stainless steel. He drove up and exited his squad, I greeted him, he smiled and said hello, and what's the problem.

As we talked, I hooked my thumb over the gun belt next to my gun and he was not frightened nor did he seem to care.

Never mentioned the gun. Never nervously stared at it, nor was he intimidated. We conversed, settled the situation and shook hands, He smiled and said, "have a nice day, I'll get back to ya on this. and away he went.

Now that is how it is supposed to be done.

Hardballer out!

Once again, a positive interaction that never makes the news. Only the bad ones do and all the morons in our population are quick to jump on the anti-cop bandwagon when a bad story comes out.

Thanks for sharing this good encounter.

Once again, a positive interaction that never makes the news. Only the bad ones do and all the morons in our population are quick to jump on the anti-cop bandwagon when a bad story comes out.

Thanks for sharing this good encounter.

Do you polish CCW Badges too, or just police?

99% of cops are good, hard working, honest people. The problem is, I can't guarantee that the person wearing the uniform and badge that is talking to me (unless I know them) is in the 99% population, or the 1% population. Therefore, I will always be polite and respectful, but guardedly mindful of my rights, when interacting with a LEO. It's too bad that some people consider those who value all of their rights to be morons.

Sounds like most AZ cops in Nortern AZ. I've never had a problem with them in fact, I had a deputy tell me he hoped if he ever got into trouble there would be an armed citizen there to help him out.

Do you polish CCW Badges too, or just police?

99% of cops are good, hard working, honest people. The problem is, I can't guarantee that the person wearing the uniform and badge that is talking to me (unless I know them) is in the 99% population, or the 1% population. Therefore, I will always be polite and respectful, but guardedly mindful of my rights, when interacting with a LEO. It's too bad that some people consider those who value all of their rights to be morons.

Sounds like you are are polishing cops much more than I did.

The morons are the ones that jump to conclusions when they see a story on the news, such as concluding that all cops are bad people when the news runs a story about a cop who did something wrong. These people have nothing to do with valuing any rights, and everything to do with simple anti-cop sentiment.

maybe thats true we get mad when the police do not act lawfuly. Cause they enforce it and so they should know the law! Right.

The OP never mentioned a CCW badge, I think he did very well, I live in Las Vegas,NV, had many interaction with LEO's, and never had a bad outcome, thanks for sharing your story hardballer

Good encounters

My wife has just received her CHL and is slow getting comfortable. One thing that she was very concerned about was LEO encounters. Well Monday morning her car was broken in to and we called the police. When she notified him he was totally unconcerned.
I'm actually kind of glad her car was broken in to, it gave her a very safe first encounter.
I'm betting that most people who have LEO issues escalate the situation themselves. There are a few cops out there that are scary, but the majority are good guys who will be easy to work with.

I'm a very respectful person to begin with. When I holster my Concealed weapon....that respect magnifies by a factor of 10. If there ever comes a time when there is no-one to speak for me and I can not speak for myself.......I want my record to speak loud and clear!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back