LEO business encounter

burchesss

This is not intended to bash the honest dedicated leo's who protect us every day, but I thout I would point out that some, are prone to making stupid (dangerous) mistakes.
I work for a company that rents bucket trucks, and other heavy equipment, several times we have rented trucks to the VA state police. I am not sure why,but we have heard rumers that they will use an officer posing as a electrical worker to stake out a house or possably place cammeras for the same reason. One time when we pulled the truck into the shop the next day, one of our painters found a duffle bag they had left in a tool box. In side the bag was a loaded shot gun and a AR15. We called them back and of course no one had missed the wepons.

This is not intended to bash the honest dedicated leo's who protect us every day, but I thout I would point out that some, are prone to making stupid (dangerous) mistakes.
I work for a company that rents bucket trucks, and other heavy equipment, several times we have rented trucks to the VA state police. I am not sure why,but we have heard rumers that they will use an officer posing as a electrical worker to stake out a house or possably place cammeras for the same reason. One time when we pulled the truck into the shop the next day, one of our painters found a duffle bag they had left in a tool box. In side the bag was a loaded shot gun and a AR15. We called them back and of course no one had missed the wepons.

You must be mistaken. Police don't make mistakes...

They were mine and I'll pay shipping to have them returned... :sarcastic:

We all make stupid mistakes by nature of being human. Unfortunately, grievous results happen when LEOs, airline pilots or American voters make stupid mistakes.

About thirty yeasr ago when I was on the job, me and my partner pulled out of the police station parking lot to start our shift. About two mile from the station on a busy four lane highway, we stopped at a traffic light. A pickup truck pulls up next to the cruiser and the driver politely tells me that there is a shotgun on the roof of the car by the light rack... I cooly tell him that it is a new experimental system we were trying out so we could quickly get to the shotgun when we got out of the car. He drove on and I quickly pulled in to a parking lot and secured the gun. That was the last time I ever left a shotgun on top of the unit while I put put my other stuff inside.:biggrin:

I wish finders keepers, but I would hate to for some reason have my serial# checked and, hey those belong to the state police!

I wish finders keepers, but I would hate to for some reason have my serial# checked and, hey those belong to the state police!

Yeah, that would kinda suck. Fun to think about though!

Did you take a good look at the AR? That would be quite tempting, even for the most honest of people.

About thirty yeasr ago when I was on the job, me and my partner pulled out of the police station parking lot to start our shift. About two mile from the station on a busy four lane highway, we stopped at a traffic light. A pickup truck pulls up next to the cruiser and the driver politely tells me that there is a shotgun on the roof of the car by the light rack... I cooly tell him that it is a new experimental system we were trying out so we could quickly get to the shotgun when we got out of the car. He drove on and I quickly pulled in to a parking lot and secured the gun. That was the last time I ever left a shotgun on top of the unit while I put put my other stuff inside.:biggrin:

This story made the wife and I laugh really hard. I've done that with coffee, could see myself doing it with a shotgun too.

one time when my dad worked civil service for the marines overhauling track vehicals he found a live grenade stuck up under a troop seat, somehow it managed to get from iraq all the way to georgia ha ha.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back