LEO at my house today.

Beatlesfan

I applied for my LTC two days ago here in Indiana. Filled out all paperwork provided by the PD and was told I was all set and I'd have it in around 30 days. This morning before work as I'm pulling out I look in the rear view mirror and there's a unmarked Crown Vic pulling in behind me. I get out of the car and walk up to a gentleman who gets out of the Crown Vic. He IDs himself as the PD's Captain and says that I didn't fill out some needed paperwork. I was in a rush as I was running a little late so I just signed the paper and he signed as a witness. I have no idea what the paper was. I know, dumb dumb dumb mistake. Anyone have any clue as to what this paper might be? Also, he asked if I could drop some postage stamps off at the PD. I'm assuming that they are for my paperwork. I shouldn't have to pay for postage, I paid all of my fees in registered money orders. I haven't been to the PD yet. What do you guys think I should do?

Very strange incident. You may want to contact the PD and see if you can get in touch with the Captain. If you call the firearms licensing section, you could as what the paperwork was. I'm sure there's some computer file with notes in it.

Should have asked for the LEO's business card or other contact info. Any time I'm in contact with a LEO and they need info from me, I get their info, take my time and choose my words carefully.

gf

That is very strange ....

In Hamilton county they have you pay part of your fee (their portion of processing) and while you fill out the form they run your liscensce through the local records. Assuming no flags you then the clerk types up your hand written form and presents it to you to double check and sign. Then the let you back, take your fingerprints, notarize everything, put it in a pre-addressed envelope, and tell you stop by the post office, pay $1 postage, get your money orders and mail the application off to the state police.

It is possible that the notary public portion was not filled out correctly. The notary can get in trouble if it is not correct and I could see that being motivation to track you down and fix your paperwork.

It also depends on how permit friendly you local police are. In Boone county several of the LEO's are very pro carry and pro permit and go out of their way to make the process easy...they even offer classes.

I guess if I were you I would go there after work you said it was the PD's Captain ask for him see what you signed and give up the little bit of money for the stamps not a big deal to get what you need done. seems kind of nice of them to come to your house and save you the hassle of mailing, to bad you have to go back, but like you said you were in a hurry. good luck.

Hello fellow Hoosier, I also live in NW indiana. In crown point they had me pay $1 for postage, and the papers that I had to sign were the application, the fingerprint card, and one other paper (I cant remember what it said but it was just a general paper with my name, DOB, and which kind of permit I was filing for). Im sure it didnt matter what it was you were signing if the captain brought it too you, it might have been the last paper I just mentioned.
It is odd my town makes me pay for the postage, because i just took my fiance to get her permit today at the county building and they did not make her pay for postage. O well, as long as i get my permit before my current one expires. gl

I talked to my gun nut (I've seen over 100 of his and he's got about 150 more in storage) buddy today and he told me it was some paperwork for the fingerprinting that the LEO forgot to have me sign. I'm heading up there in a few minutes to drop off the stamps. Thanks for your help guys. I'm new to carry and already have learned a wealth of info from this site.

I talked to my gun nut (I've seen over 100 of his and he's got about 150 more in storage) buddy today and he told me it was some paperwork for the fingerprinting that the LEO forgot to have me sign. I'm heading up there in a few minutes to drop off the stamps. Thanks for your help guys. I'm new to carry and already have learned a wealth of info from this site.

Hopefully, the biggest thing you learn is DON'T EVER SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU READ IT FIRST!

Be safe,

SA

I did learn that. Thankfully it was only some paperwork that the LEO forget to have me sign. I'm expecting my permit this week, so here's to wishful thinking haha. Thanks again for your help guys.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back