Length of time to receive CCW license in OK?

Chris C

Took my concealed carry class Nov 7th. Turned in paperwork on the 10th. Curious to know if anyone has a feel for how long it is presently taking to get a license back from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. By the way, this was a renewal of a license I let expire about 10 years ago.

TITLE 21 § 1290.5 TERM OF LICENSE AND RENEWAL
A. A handgun license when issued shall authorize the person to whom the license is issued to carry a loaded or unloaded handgun, concealed or unconcealed, as authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, and any future modifications thereto. The license shall be valid in this state for a period of five (5) or ten (10) years, unless subsequently surrendered, suspended or revoked as provided by law. The person shall have no authority to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun in this state pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when a license is expired or when a license has been voluntarily surrendered or suspended or revoked for any reason.
B. A license may be renewed any time within ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date as provided in this subsection. The Bureau shall send a renewal application to each eligible licensee with a return address requested. There shall be a ninety-day grace period on license renewals beginning on the date of expiration, thereafter the license is considered expired. However, any applicant shall have three (3) years from the expiration of the license to comply with the renewal requirements of this section.

did you send in the full amount or the renewal price? Most are getting back in 60 days some are running 90 plus a few days

Yup...........sent in a cashier's check for the 10 year license. Hasn't even been 60 days yet, so I'm not complaining.............just asking.

Didn't consider that...............but as I mentioned, I'm not complaining. Just curious about approx time to get a license in hand. I have legally carried most of my life. Stopped about 10 years ago when my license expired. Then when that idiot in Moore decapitated the woman in Moore (12 miles from me) I decided it was time to carry again.

Most likely you will never need one. My theory is that 'A right' not exercised is 'A right' lost.

Actually, I've always worked from the premise that I pray I never have to execute the right but will be prepared if I need to.

Since someone might do a search for the subject of this thread, I though I'd update that my license arrived in the mail yesterday. So I turned in my paperwork on the 10th of November and on the 9th of January I had my license...............and that takes into consideration the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holiday days off for State workers.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back