Length Of Residency To Purchase Pistols In Washington

Was he doing both simultaneously? Typically the demands of one branch of public safety require you to leave the other. Fire fighting and law enforcement are both physically demanding. I find it highly doubtful that someone could do full time shifts in both branches of public safety simultaneously. Also keep in mind that public safety has mandatory overtime for both civilian and commissioned employees. Leaving one branch for the other is no big deal, but working both?

Nope, he stopped being a firefighter when he began the Sheriff's Deputy training.

Length of Residency

I hate to have to disagree with the lady who is usually pretty doggone accurate. but I was a volly firefighter at the same time that I was a sorporal with the Sheriff's Dept. as a deputy, I had received some training, seeing as we were in a rural area. I got paid for being a deputy, the firefighting was volunteer. I was not expected to respond to fire call when I was on duty, but I did respond when I was off duty. Again, we were tripl;e-trained as LEO/FF/EMT, and our back up was often an hour out.

Well, darn, wuzfuz, you are a very valuable resource! If at any time I can't carry my pistol with me can I carry you? :lol: Do you still work/volunteer in any of those capacities? In any other capacity? I applaud you either way. We have some volunteer firefighters here in my town, few tho they be, and it's quite a sight to see the construction water trucks follow the sirens to provide the water. I'm sure learning a whole bunch about living in a rural area that is so totally different from a cement jungle. If one cannot tell where the sirens are coming from, just listen for which direction where the dogs and coyotes are howling...

I hate to have to disagree with the lady who is usually pretty doggone accurate. but I was a volly firefighter at the same time that I was a sorporal with the Sheriff's Dept. as a deputy, I had received some training, seeing as we were in a rural area. I got paid for being a deputy, the firefighting was volunteer. I was not expected to respond to fire call when I was on duty, but I did respond when I was off duty. Again, we were tripl;e-trained as LEO/FF/EMT, and our back up was often an hour out.

Wow! You're the best trained first responder I've seen in a long time. I would love to meet you one day and shake your hand! I've never met a LEO/FF/EMT. This would be an honor for me. Did you have to pay $55 for a FF badge and another $55 for an EMT badge as well? That would suck to be serving my community as a VOLUNTEER and have to shell out cash for such basic items.

Great to have you on board.

gf

Length of residency

I am thrilled just to be a member here. As to the badges, I only carried my wallet badge with my department ID card (commission card) and paid $55 for it at john's Uniforms in Phoenix. The department wanted me to turn it in with no reimbursement. Do I hav estupid tattooed on my forehead? I don't think so. Good news, today is November 4, 2008. and I received an email from Toni Hood, the Assitant Attorney General for the Licensing and Administration Law Division. Ms. Hood advises that the Attorney general's Office has determined that you can either possess a Washington Driver's License OR have been a resident of the state for 90 days, but that both requirements do not have to be met. They will be notifying gun shops all over the state of this decision so that everyone is on the same page. According to my reading of htis email, I was eligible to buy my pistol as soon as I had my CPL in my hot little hand. Chalk one up for the gun people!
Unfortunately, a prosthetic knee joint, COPD, diabetes and other problems forbid me to volunteer now in any of my previous fields. However, Lacey Poilce Dept, has what they call the Lacey Senior Patrol, in which 25 senior citizens, after trainng, take over some tasks that release officers to the field and provide patrol for handicap parking enforcement. The position provides for a uniform as well. I am looking into it.

We have something similar in the county of Nye, Nevada. California's Ventura County Sheriff's Department had the rug rats (the young'ens in training to be Deputies someday. My nephew was one, now he wears a badge. The training is great!)

From the Pahrump Valley Times newspaper a few years ago...
Quote:

The Nye County Sheriff's Auxiliary (Sheriff's Auxiliary Unit) is currently taking applications for membership to assist the Nye County Sheriff's Department.

The SAU works with many other agencies besides law enforcement. Those who are 21 and over, retired or working, male or female, can donate a minimum of 15 hours per month and meet certain requirements may be eligible. Volunteers will do community service in uniform and will be able to set their own hours.

End Quote.

Length of residency

Fun, keep your fingers crossed for me. I have grown tired of feeling useless, and having all my training and experience go to waste, so I made a big move. I have applied to the Lacey Police Department to become a member of the Lacey Senior Patrol. Senior Patrol members go through a mini-academy and perform volunteer services to aid the department by doing things it does not take a certified officer for. They dispatch, type reports, are trained and given ticket books to enforce handicap aprking, patrol, (The Senior Patrol car has yellow toplights, but in every other respect is a car like any other Lacey patrol car.) They assist with traffic direction at accident scenes, security at local events and more. I hope I am selected. Staring at the idiot box is turning my brains to lime jell-o.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back