Legal to carry concealed in a WA bank?

unioncreek

I haven't found anything in writing that states otherwise. I take mine out and lock it in my truck when I do go in. What about a church, saw something written that you can as long as it is fewer than 250 people.

Thanks,
Bob

You're good. Some places are posted, but those signs don't have force of law. The only state law signs that have force of law are the "21 and over" signs at bars, and the ones at courthouses. Both will reference the appropriate RCW.

As stated your good to go. No force of law except if asked to leave you must or face trespassing and if in Seattle could mean a SWAT team response.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't found anything in writing that states otherwise. I take mine out and lock it in my truck when I do go in. What about a church, saw something written that you can as long as it is fewer than 250 people.

Thanks,
Bob
I never bother to check. I just carry. Signage never stops a criminal so I don't see why it should stop anyone else.

So your logic is that if criminals don't follow the law, YOU don't have to follow the law?
I think by definition that makes you a criminal.
Don't get me wrong: I think gun-free zones are completely idiotic, but your reasoning is very flawed.

250? Are you expected to do a head count before entering with your weapon?

:jester:

It doesn't surprise me that this question gets asked. I had a cop tell me it was illegal to carry in a bank because it was a "federal building". This is bad information. The bank's federal protection for your savings does not make it a federal facility.

I've carried openly in banks as have many others, so concealed is no issue.

As a side not, you CAN carry concealed or openly *into* a courthouse and by law the courthouse must provide secure storage for your sidearm. I somehow let my CPL expire many years ago when I lived in Tacoma, so I carried openly to the courthouse and checked it in while I visited LESA.

So your logic is that if criminals don't follow the law, YOU don't have to follow the law?
Don't get me wrong: I think gun-free zones are completely idiotic, but your reasoning is very flawed.
Civil disobedience is a criminal act, yes.

"Civil disobedience*is the active, professed refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power.*Civil disobedience is a symbolic or ritualistic violation of the law, rather than a rejection of the system as a whole."

The aaforementioned 'criminals' reject the systom as a whole and do whatsoever they please for personal gain. I don't. For example I am a perfect driver, never even exeeding the speed limit. I over pay taxes. I obay police even when I disagree. I perform my profession in strict compliance with all D.O.T. and O.S.H.A. regulations. I hope you see the deference.

Try to avoid the Legalistic Fallacy where legal = right and illegal = wrong.

Try to avoid the Legalistic Fallacy where legal = right and illegal = wrong.

AMEN to that! So many people forget that this country was founded by a group of men committing felonious and treasonous acts against their established government.

Thanks,
Bob

There is no law in Washington against carrying a firearm, concealed or openly, into a bank or church - regardless of the number of persons attending.

In a way, you are correct but, since there are people who disregard those "no guns" signs with the only the intent to inflict harm upon or hold the place up and/or the people inside, those of us who disregard that sign as well are only doing it to protect ourselves from above said people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back