Type of holster

• Kydex

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Leather

Votes: 58 76.3%

• Total voters

The Shootest

hi
I was wondering what most who carry prefer Leather holster or a kydex holster and Why?

I've had leather, nylon fabric, and Kydex...

Kydex is my favorite because of 1) the low-profile 2) solid feel and 3) quick release

I like my leather and my kydex. I like the leather cause it an iwb. And its the first one I bought. I like my kydex cause its light weight. And durable. I'm getting ready to buy a cross breed and have the best of both worlds.

It really depends.

I like leather for daily carry because it is more comfortable, but I prefer kydex for carry in the field because it will stand up to water better. By “in the field” I mean out hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc. when you are in the woods or mountains and may have a close encounter of the wet kind.

Kydex paddle for me, It doesn't stretch, good retention, easy to remove. I like leather but during the summer months it can get sweat soaked and stinky.

Or cloth

MP45FS-Procyon-SmartCarry.jpg

I only wear leather when I am going to sweat which might be alot considering I like in the sunshine state. But I prefer Kydex.

Most of my holsters are leather, but I do have a couple of IWB kydex holsters because of how thin they are.

I use leather mainly because I just like the material. The look, smell, & feel. But, my brother has a kydex & it seems ok. I dunno, I might in the future, but I am happy for now. My mag holders are kydek though. They aren't bad, & and do remove easy enough, but I still prefer leather.

I prefer Fobus for carry and for IWB I carry a Glock 23 in a M-Tac Minitour holster IWB . This holster will completely conceal a pistol and you can tuck your T-shirt over it and nothing will show. After a while its like carrying a wallet, very comfortable. Go to COMP-Tac.com to view this holster. NRA Instructor

Give me a Galco IWB leather Royal Guard Holster anytime the most comfortable I've ever worn. Winter and Summer.

I use both, but prefer kydex .... cheaper. indestructible. perfect fit from new, no break-in involved. tons of paddle models available, which I prefer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back