Least expensive .38 revolvers in California

aacx22

Tested Selected Initiated
I don't have a budget for one, but I'd like to get a 2" .38. I have been looking for used, but typically still looking at $400 and up. I'm really hoping to spend half that. What do you guys think of the Armscor M206? Is there anything else I should be looking at with my miniscual budget?

I've owned one for about three years and would buy another if I came across it. It is heavy and bulky for a CCW piece but can fill that roll with the right setup in holster, etc. I got rid of the stock grip in favor of a Pachmayr one, the one made for the Colt Detective fits as they're pretty much the same exact design... this modification drastically changes the revolver into something well worth spending $200+ on! I have put around 500 rounds through it thus far and have had ZERO malfunctions. Do not use +P ammo in it, the steel isn't rated for such pressures... however, I am never a fan of using +P .38Spl loads in snubs anyway... very little is gained in terminal performance over standard pressures. The finish is okay and is what would be expected from a $200+ revolver made in the Philippines.

So, bottom line is: Get one if it's all you can afford!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back