LCP 9 Versus Glock 27

Travelador

Just purchased a LCP 9 and took it to the range with my Glock 27. Well, I can tell you I sure can hit the bullseye with the Glock but the LCP 9 is no where close and the pattern is not nearly as tight. Seems to shoot high and to the left. Guess I must need a lot more practice with the Ruger.

Just purchased a LCP 9 and took it to the range with my Glock 27. Well, I can tell you I sure can hit the bullseye with the Glock but the LCP 9 is no where close and the pattern is not nearly as tight. Seems to shoot high and to the left. Guess I must need a lot more practice with the Ruger.

I HAVE TWO LC9'S AND BOTH ARE EXTREMELY ACCURATE!!!I ALSO HAVE A GLOCK 27 AND IT ALSO IS ACCURATE.THE LC9 HAS LESS RECOIL,OF COURSE IT'S 9MM VS.49S&W.I USE BOTH THE LC0 AND GLOCK AS BUG WEAPONS WITH NO PROBLEMS WITH EITHER!! YOU MIGHT WANT TO SIGHT THE WEAPON IN FOR YOURSELF EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD NO REASON TO TOUCH THE LC9 SIGHTS ON EITHER WEAPON.PRACTICE IS ALWAYS A GREAT SOLUTION TO MOST PROBLEMS.:yu:Link Removed

I HAVE TWO LC9'S AND BOTH ARE EXTREMELY ACCURATE!!!I ALSO HAVE A GLOCK 27 AND IT ALSO IS ACCURATE.THE LC9 HAS LESS RECOIL,OF COURSE IT'S 9MM VS.49S&W.I USE BOTH THE LC0 AND GLOCK AS BUG WEAPONS WITH NO PROBLEMS WITH EITHER!! YOU MIGHT WANT TO SIGHT THE WEAPON IN FOR YOURSELF EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD NO REASON TO TOUCH THE LC9 SIGHTS ON EITHER WEAPON.PRACTICE IS ALWAYS A GREAT SOLUTION TO MOST PROBLEMS.:yu:Link Removed

Where can I get me one of those 49 S&W guns??? :man_in_love:

When we first got the lc9, it seemed to shoot low and to the left. We had an experienced shooter test it at a bench and he felt it was a little off too. We wrote to Ruger, they said send it in, it came back, now shoots more accurately. The instructor thought maybe the sights were off and given the better groups we're getting (and we're new to shooting), maybe that really was all it needed. Maybe you could have others shoot it and see if they have the same issue. Just a thought. I happen to really like this gun. It was my husband's but I've co-opted it.

The larger or heavyer guns will almost always shoot better groups, the LC-9 is more of a close up weapon, I have a 27 and a Taurus 709, very close in size to the LC-9, with the Glock I always do well, but with the Taurus I do ok but really have to try a lot harder to get a good group

I've said it before, Ruger should be ashamed of the LC9. It is junk, absolute junk. I've handled a couple of them, and they are poorly designed, sloppily machined, and functionally unreliable. You can practice with it all you want, it'll never, ever, shoot like the Glock. Stick with perfection.

I own an LC9. And I own a Glock. Saying the Ruger is junk because you like the Glock is kinda ridiculous. I agree that the LC9 is no Glock. But my Glock isn't a Kimber Aegis either. I have about 350 rounds through my LC9 now, it's not failed me once...I pull the trigger, it goes bang. I'm not putting them in the 10 ring at 25 yards, but it'll kill a paper plate at 5 yards every time.

Just like anything else, different isn't necessarily better or worse. Play with it, get used to it, and see how it goes. If you decide you don't like it, dump it. If you do dump it, shoot me a message, maybe we can work out a deal. My wife doesn't care for my Glock and I'm thinking about picking up another LC9 :)

Travelador:222899 said:
Its a Ruger LC9 and it takes practice to become proficient in shooting. I have both the LC9 and the Glock 27. I love them both. Remember, Practice, Practice! ,Practice is the rule of the game.

i've said it before, ruger should be ashamed of the lc9. It is junk, absolute junk. I've handled a couple of them, and they are poorly designed, sloppily machined, and functionally unreliable. You can practice with it all you want, it'll never, ever, shoot like the glock. Stick with perfection.

i've got two lc9's and both function flawless!!! I carry one of them daily as a backup weapon and have no problems with it,on or off range!!!!i also own 4 glocks which again no problems.maybe if you're so down on the rugers you should stick with the glocks!!!to each his own!!

Link Removed
I've said it before, Ruger should be ashamed of the LC9. It is junk, absolute junk. I've handled a couple of them, and they are poorly designed, sloppily machined, and functionally unreliable. You can practice with it all you want, it'll never, ever, shoot like the Glock. Stick with perfection.
I went through 3 other similar single stack(pocket)nines before I got the LC9.Before my search for a pocket nine I just assumed all guns were reliable(except High Point of course).I had only owned Glock and revolver handguns.I'm not going to throw out brand names but I was pissed.I lost around $100 on each when I sold them.More considering the" break in periods".When I got the pistol(late Feb 11)I couldn't hit sqat with it.Thought it was the gun.Ruger prepaid shipped it to AZ,had it back in two weeks with a note saying they replaced the front sight.I swear they didn't.Also had a target with stats.The trigger was so long I was pulling way low and right.Now that I took the mag release safety out and got used to the trigger I'm more accurate with it than my G26.Nearly 1000 assorted rounds without a hiccup.My Glock 17 even had one the first thousand.Also Ruger was the first to send the gun back when it was actually fixed.So to say it is junk when you've only handled one ,ain't right.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Glock advocate. If Ruger wants to tempt me away, they're going to have to do a HELL of a lot better than the LC9.

(By the way, no need to shout. I can hear you just fine.)

Feuerhak:229138 said:
I own an LC9. And I own a Glock. Saying the Ruger is junk because you like the Glock is kinda ridiculous. I agree that the LC9 is no Glock. But my Glock isn't a Kimber Aegis either. I have about 350 rounds through my LC9 now, it's not failed me once...I pull the trigger, it goes bang. I'm not putting them in the 10 ring at 25 yards, but it'll kill a paper plate at 5 yards every time.

Just like anything else, different isn't necessarily better or worse. Play with it, get used to it, and see how it goes. If you decide you don't like it, dump it. If you do dump it, shoot me a message, maybe we can work out a deal. My wife doesn't care for my Glock and I'm thinking about picking up another LC9 :)

Im not saying the LC9 is junk because I like Glock. Quite the opposite, and this narrow-minded response to simple observations blows my mind. I don't like the LC9 because it doesn't perform well in my observation. I do like Glock, because their weapons do! It's very simple. No brand loyalty here. Just performance loyalty. In this case, though, performance has a name: Glock.

Providence Ranch,

Silly me. I guess I simply misinterpreted it when you said "I've said it before, Ruger should be ashamed of the LC9. It is junk, absolute junk. I've handled a couple of them, and they are poorly designed, sloppily machined, and functionally unreliable. You can practice with it all you want, it'll never, ever, shoot like the Glock. Stick with perfection."

I can't for the life of me figure how I could have missed the totally objective, completely unbiased opinion you put out there, and come up with such a "narrow-minded" response. Unconscionable.

Lighten up Francis.

I think this comparison is a little off. Glock 26/27 vs the sr9c makes a little more sense. There is a huge handling difference in single stack and double stack and the trigger pull on the sr9c made me tight in the pants. I was looking at both guns and went with the sr9c, as much as I love glock and know its reliability, the Ruger was for me. In that sucky case where I might be the unlucky one with a defective unit I know Ruger will fix it and send it back asap. Plus 430 for the sr9c vs 570 for the g26 gen4? Eww

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back