Lc9

Wesco

Looking at the Ruger LC9 for its size and portability mostly. Any feedback on this gun would be much appreciated!

I was recently shopping for a 9mm and purchased the LC9 with LaserMax attached. Took it out and test fired it, and I'm very comfortable with it. The included pinky extension made for a nice fit in my hand, yet it's small enough to conceal. It's thin (single stack). It's a standard locked breech design. Easy to disassemble and reassemble. Overall, I'm very happy with the LC9.

I find it nice (amazing, really) to carry but not fun to shoot. The trigger pull is really, really long - see if you can try one first. I have smallish hands, and the single-stack grip is so thin that my fingertips wrap almost all the way around to my palm. The extension really is nice and doesn't make much difference in the size, doesn't get in the way. It also took me some time to get used to seeing the hammer move (I'm used to a striker), but now it's not a big deal.

I tried the LC9, LCP, Keltech, and a S&W M&P Shield. I think the Shield was by far the best shooting gun in 9mm(.40 available). Grip was comfortable,trigger was great, recoil was less noticeable, and accuracy was awesome. Among the .380's, the Keltech bites more in the web of the hand than the LCP. Both were really light and and very pocketable. Accuracy at 10ft was mediocre on both. No real sights on these types of guns. I did not like the trigger guard to trigger clearance on the Keltech. It did not provide the room needed to get the finger on trigger in a hurry. check out S&W... M&P SHIELD - Smith & Wesson

The trigger pull definitely takes getting used to. If you've ever shot one of the small .380s it's similar. Mine was fairly accursed out of the box. Recoil is not bad for a gun it's size.

I recommend getting a Hogue rubber grip. It absorbs recoil a bit and gives more to hold on to. You can get one off Amazon for about $15.

i bought my LC9 in January, 2012. I have 4200 rounds fired through it. The trigger smoothed out around 2500 rounds.

I have the lasermax and added the XS night sights. I also added a Hogue grip, stainless steel guide rod and 20# recoil springs. It does have a bit of recoil, but one should expect that with a weight of only 17 ounces.

I, too, got an LC9 early this year--my previous carry was a CZ-82 and before that a 1911. I removed the laser and magazine safety, and hope to upgrade with new trigger when finances allow. Have put about 1,200 rounds down range without a single malfunction using a half dozen ammo brands, which is not bad for a pistol right out of the box. I would suggest not carrying it on a Versa-Carry, had bad experience which I wrote about in previous post. Quite satisfied with LC9 as it's probably last sidearm I will ever buy.

Carry mine five days a week, had the S&W Shield been available I would have strongly considered it over my LC9. LC9 has been great for the year I've carried it.

...Easy to disassemble and reassemble.
I have one and agree that it's a nice gun.

However, the plastic take-down pin retainer "door" can be a pain in the kester. When the Ruger manual suggests using a "piece of wood" to press the door downward, one might think it strange. The LC9 that I have can only have the door released with a small screwdriver...not exactly an easy gun to field strip at the range.

I've seen some LC9's that are bit easier, but mine seems to be the norm.

I got mine this year and it has been great. The price, the weight at 17 ounces and the size has been a pleasant surprise. The trigger pull gets better with practice but, hey... they're all a little different. My problem is I kinda always want to have another one LOL

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back