LC9 with laser vs LC9s

cmsbertoli

So after an exhausting search for a few months for my first carry pistol, I finally found the LC9 to fit my needs best. I was blessed with pretty small hands for a dude and the Lc9 fit MY hands better than the Shield, XDS, and Glock 26. Only the Taurus PT111 G2 fit nearly as good. I also shot far better with the LC9 pretty much effortlessly. Now that I have decided, I now see that because the LC9s is out, I can get a LC9 with crimson trace grips for the same cost as the LC9s. I admit the trigger on the LC9s is better, but I shot very well with the LC9 and did not mind the trigger one bit. So, the advice I need is this: longer trigger with laser, or better trigger with no trigger. Thanks.
P.S.: the presence of a safety does not bother me.

You can get the lasers aftermarket for the LC9s. I would rather have the striker fired over the hammer fired. The trigger is reported to be better on the LC9S also. Check out ebay and amazon, You can find lasers cheaper than buying from the manufacturers sites.

The reason the hammer fired LC9 with Crimson Trace combos are selling so cheap is that they need to add something to move these guns. That laser is not going to do you any good if the long stiff trigger pull causes you to move the muzzle off target before the hammer falls.

Good advice, thanks. I have felt the trigger on the LC9s, they did a great job. I would describe the LC9 trigger as long, yes, but certainly not heavy. I was shooting tight groups with the "bad" trigger with the stock sights. I would prefer the Crimson Trace grips vs other lasers, they turn on most naturally to me with a standard grip. The best price I can find is $165 on ebay, which would put me at $515 for the "best" trigger with a laser, or $315 for a "meh" trigger I already know I can perform with.

If you don't have a problem with the hammer fire then I'd say go with the lc9 with a laser. I personally don't like the lc9 I had one for about a week. It had the lasermax laser. It was awesome to carry very slim and light but I just didn't like the trigger pull when Id shoot at the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've slept on it, and I think I'm going to go with the striker fire, and save my money for a laser next year. I think in the long run I will be happy with the lighter shorter trigger. I knew I really couldn't go wrong with a pistol that fits my hand so well and is just so darn concealable. Thanks for the input folks.

To tell the truth, with the original LCR long pull I certainly never felt the need for an external safety. But with the LC9s' s shorter pull I actually eould prefer an external safety. My range/HD pistol is a 1911, so I automatically flick that safety (even if it's not there!)

Love the glock 26. Love it. However, we all have to carry what our bodies will allow. I am a little guy (5'5" 151 lbs), and even the "baby glock" looks like a brick next to me and no magic holster would fix that. Single stack for me sir, at least for warm weather carry. However, a glock 26 or SR9c would at least hide nicely under a coat.

You must understand that a laser doesn't make you a better shot. Lasers don't guarantee you'll hit anything. They are a great tool to practice trigger control and shooting fundamentals. But anyone without a good background in shooting fundamentals will be no better with a laser. That being said I have one on my LC9.

You must understand that a laser doesn't make you a better shot. Lasers don't guarantee you'll hit anything. They are a great tool to practice trigger control and shooting fundamentals. But anyone without a good background in shooting fundamentals will be no better with a laser. That being said I have one on my LC9.
Thanks BC1. I've pretty much decided to go with the LC9s, but what would YOU do if you were in my shoes, since you own an LC9?

Thanks BC1. I've pretty much decided to go with the LC9s, but what would YOU do if you were in my shoes, since you own an LC9?
I love that little gun. Thin and easily concealed in a pocket holster. I like the long pull. Using snap-caps and your CT laser you can develop a very smooth pull on the long trigger. Keep in mind this is not a gun for long shots. Up-close and personal defense.

Thanks again everybody for the good advice. Unfortunately, I just read that chicago has a ban on laser sights. Since I drive all over the Chicagoland area and do not know which suburbs have bans on lasers, I would not risk having my car impounded because I have a laser sight on my pistol. I think that made the decision for me, the lc9 s will be my next purchase.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back