LC9 owners....FMJ -> HP

Feuerhak

After 300 flawless rounds of Winchester white box fmj through my LC9, I'm calling it "broken in."

Anybody had any problems with feeding it HP's? The heavier loads cause anything unexpected? Feed ok?

I shot 100 rounds of Gold Dot Speer +P & 500 rounds of cheap winchester through mine haven't had one problem. I have found it will eat anything that you feed it after all it is a Ruger.

Its not the size or your stick that matters its how you use it.

No problems with most ammo, but they have had problems with certain brands causing failure to fire. The primers in some rounds leave bits of metal in the firing pin channel. They may have fixed it in later models. WWB caused no problems but there were a few brands that did. I had problems with some frangible ammo at a local range that had all steel targets. I need to contact Ruger and find out if they have a fix.

Feuerhak:227732 said:
After 300 flawless rounds of Winchester white box fmj through my LC9, I'm calling it "broken in."

Anybody had any problems with feeding it HP's? The heavier loads cause anything unexpected? Feed ok?
No problem with mine! Used the same ammo. I am now Shooting Speer Gold Dot 124gr

I called Ruger and the lady said that they have two issues with the LC9. Not being a tech herself she wouldn't say exactly what they were. The reported problems in the forums have been light strikes and primer shavings in the firing pin channel. She said that if I had any problems with AMERICAN ammo that met SAAMI specs that they would pay for overnight shipping and repair it free. No guarantee for reload or foriegn ammo. If you have had no problem with a particular ammo then that is good since if there is a problem it will show up pretty quick.

Fiocci had constant misfire problems. Threw out a half a box it sucked so bad. Hornady is excellent, also no prob with Remington and Winchester FMJ

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back