Later May Be Too Late

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
Later May Be Too Late

What next? Are we to be forced to consume a daily diet of triumphalist slogans, embellished by groveling, imbecilic praise for the president?

If we believe that the Declaration of Independence is correct and we are "endowed" with "unalienable" rights, including the Second Amendment, then those rights come from a source beyond and superior to the state and as such can only be relinquished to the state by our own craven acts of mental and physical capitulation.

HK4U

Good read and some very good points. As a plaque on my wall says, "Prepare now, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark". It may not be raining but the sky is sure getting dark.

NDS

If it is not already.

I feel it may well be too late as well. If we can somehow stem the tide of state interference in our lives it will take literally generations to restore what is rightfully ours.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I feel it may well be too late as well. If we can somehow stem the tide of state interference in our lives it will take literally generations to restore what is rightfully ours.

No, it isn't. Despite the more than 20,000 gun control laws on the books nationwide, the right has not yet been lost. If we let our guard down, it will ultimately be lost.

NDS

No, it isn't. Despite the more than 20,000 gun control laws on the books nationwide, the right has not yet been lost. If we let our guard down, it will ultimately be lost.

Failing a blanket court ruling or legislation definitively recognizing our rights, there is no 'quick fix.'

If we must follow the course begun with Heller, the courts will grudgingly recognize gun rights one small decision at a time. I do feel that Heller has given us something to go on, SCOTUS stating that 2A recognizes an individual preexistent right; the way the courts define what that means is crucial.

We currently live under a government assumption that rights are conferred from above. Perhaps we are now beginning to move back to recognition that the Constitution limits government, and the 10th amendment still applies.

I'll blow the dust off of it and paste it here for you:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wtlongid