Laserguards..Will the price fall? When?

NorteG

$180 for a laser pointer seems a bit extreme. Any thoughts of future price possibilities?

Lasers has some use for some people, but mine ended up being a toy for my dog and fascinates my cat. We have fun with it specially in the night when I can shineit up the spruce and my dog barked at it because he can't climb the tree. True story.:biggrin:

Lasers can be useful when you can't make a proper sight picture. The laser system and mounting hardware has to be very robust to withstand the extreme shock of being coupled to a handgun. I have a CT laser guard but practice with my iron sights as well as other shooting styles. You can be sure that if your laser is set up properly you will be "on target".

$180 for a laser pointer seems a bit extreme. Any thoughts of future price possibilities?
Laser sights are a very niche market. They're not really very popular with the typical gun enthusiast. Since the manufacturers have to realize a profit on something that doesn't have that much demand, they must keep the margin/unit high.

With the exceptions mentioned above (gas masks, etc), I don't expect the demand to increase. If anything, it will likely decline as the novelty wears off the marketplace.

Bottom Line: Don't expect the price to decline, or the quality to increase.

You guys should get a copy of the Crimson Trace DVD. ( they're Free where you buy the lasers ). Some very real scenarios where a laser could save your life.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back