Laser sights...

Any recommendation or tips on zeroing in a laser sight? I bought my wife a Bodyguard 380 for Christmas, and she does very will using the iron sights, but when she uses the laser it's off center. I have tried to zero it in my placing he dot just above the front sight at 10 years, but even though it looks like I have it set, when I assume a two hand grip, it's off again. I'm at a loss how to hold this thing in a two hand grip and adjust the laser at the same time. Any suggestions?

Have your wife hold and fire three rounds using the laser sight (she can shoot at waist level if she wants to, just don't use the sights). Then adjust the laser. If, for example, the rounds hit low and right, adjust the laser to the right and down. Repeat until the rounds impact where your wife aims the laser. Forget about the sights if you are going to use the laser. Notice I said Your Wife...NOT You. If it is her gun , adjust it for he and her grip/hold. NOT yours.

There are bore sights you can buy for any caliber. They look just like a "round" but have a laser built in.
I use a laser boresight kit that can be used on multiple calibers. Won't work on snubby revolvers tho'. Also use
it to set scopes.

As already stated, forget the iron sights. Have her shoot a five shot group, then adjust the laser, based on the group center, so the group is in target center. Sight in for the range you think she will be most likely to shoot. I used 7 yards, at closer ranges the bullets hit slightly lower than the aim point.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back