Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon?

GLOCK23LOVER

I've been thinking about adding a laser on my Everyday Carry gun. Since most or a lot of self defense situations take place at night, a laser may be an added advantage. Looking to get opinions from fellow CCW Holders.

I've carried a Kel-Tec P11 w/ ArmaLaser since 08 or 09. fit is great. Laser is top notch.

Melted & Parkerized the slide. Always used the 12rnd mag, belt-clip & trigger shoe from Kel-Tec. I've never had a problem with the P11.

Link Removed

I have a Crimson Trace on my S&W Shield. I chose it because simply holding the grip activates the on switch. No need to press a separate button to activate taking precious time. (Or forgetting to turn off and running battery down)
The reason I chose to add the laser was as an alternative when I may not be able to bring the gun to eye level sight such as shooting around cover or from waist level. Some thing it has an intimidating factor but I doubt bad guys are going to be looking at their chest or forehead for a red dot.

I have a Viridian Green laser on my Shield. I like the green color, as it is easier to see in both daylight as well as in the dark. The Viridian turns on automatically when removed from the holster, thanks to a magnetic switch. Any holster can be modified to enable this feature, just by adding a small disc magnet to the interior or exterior of the holster.

I have the Crimson Trace Laserguard on my Taurus TCP. Pocket guns, like the TCP, have a really short sight radius, so the laser really helps with accuracy when needed. Also, the new generation Laserguard's have a more distinct button for activation, i.e., the shooter can choose to activate it or not by the amount of hand grip pressure. The old generation Laserguard's were quite sensitive and were always on when any grip pressure was applied.

My carry firearms.

Have a strong set of fundamentals and a tool kit full of equipment. I'll take every advantage I can get.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back