Laser Grips Lg 305

watchmaker

LASER GRIPS MODEL LG 305
FOR J FRAME SMITH AND WESSON

Hi guys,
I have been using a Crimson Trace laser grip in my model 36 Chief Special for the last year and a half. Now that I have more time for extended visits to the range, I have been shooting my old Chief Special quite a bit, the point of impact of the laser haven’t change in using more than 400 rounds of 125 grains ammo.

Years ago I used to practice shooting from the hip with the model 36, but never get to be any good when the distance was more than 9 yards. Now with the laser grips I get consistent quick hits up to 15 yards shooting with my hand supported in the middle of my belly.

laserlg305.jpg

No all the firing I do at practice is with live ammo, I use dummies to dry fire the gun a lot, the laser tell me where I am impacting in the target.

I have had this gun for 25 years, it used to be my ankle holster back up gun when I was working at the store, now that I am retired and not longer dealing with expensive merchandise, it rest in an upside down Berns Martin holster style in my left shoulder when I am in need of carrying light.
I recently recommended this grip to a friend of mine that at 75 years old can not longer see the regular iron sights, he is also very happy with his unit.

laserbeam.jpg

To me the great benefit of the laser grips is the shooting I can do without exposing myself to return gunfire, as long as I have a little crack or hole in the barricade from where I can see the opponent, and stick my handgun, out.

Now if I just can convince Crimson Trace to make one for the Colt Anaconda .44 Mag, that I plan to use in an Alaskan fly fishing trip sometime in the future, I will be really happy.

All the best
Watchmaker

Very nice to hear. I am glad they work well for you. If you get a set for the Anaconda and don't want them, you can ship them to me. I wonder if the could handle the recoil of the Anaconda?

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back