Land Between the Lakes

OZZ

I am from IN and we were down in KY last week riding around(on a HD, not a bycycle) and going into the park(Land between the Lakes) there are big signs about no guns allowed. I thought it was a state park, but its a fed park now(so it says). I locked up the gun to be safe, since the signs are like brand new!
So can one carry there or not? If there is an answer in here, I could not find it. I rather ask and look stupid than get a fine and loss of permits, etc etc....

Thanks in advance!!!

I prefer that, but I prefer to keep my weapon and permit if possible. Cannot think what would happen if a IL with a weapon....
I just thought LBL was Fed property....??

thanks!!!

The sign did say 'except for hunting season'.... or something to that fact...

I was only concerned about the moment :biggrin:

Lake Between the Lakes is a USDA controlled area. So they aren't under KY or laws pertaining to National Parks...... I didn't even know that was possible.... BS if you ask me.

From one of their FAQ pages:

"Q. Do people live in LBL?
A. No. All 170,000 acres of LBL were acquired by the U.S. government through eminent domain, and most recently management was transferred to the USDA Forest Service. No private dwellings remain."

Wouldn't USDA FS ownership mean that that state laws pertaining to carrying of firearms would apply? Not counting hunting firearms, of course.

USDA doesn't think so:

Link Removed

from under safety....
Possession, transportation, or discharge of firearms, air guns, crossbows, bows and arrows, or other weapons or
explosives (including fireworks) are prohibited except as authorized by hunting regulations or special permits.

from the LBL website rules and regs pdf

Possession, transportation, or discharge of firearms, air guns, crossbows, bows and arrows, or other weapons or explosives (including fireworks) are prohibited except as authorized by hunting regulations or special permits.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back