Ladies Shooting Clinic

Valkyrie144

Valkyrie144
Recently I attended the Ladies Shooting Clinic held at the local gun club. I have very little experience with guns. This gun club was honored by the NRA as the outstanding club of the year in 2008. It is on 360 acres.

The day was spent going from the different ranges..trying guns. I did quite well with the M1 carbine (had a scope) and the bucket targets were placed at 100 yards. I also, to my surprise, shot 2 clay pigeons out of 5 tries. My favorite gun was a 9mm Walther.

There was an area set up for rifles (I sat in a sitting position) and the targets were placed at 50 yards...I believe these were called bolt action. These rifles also had scopes on them and were extremely accurate..some of us began to aim at the flying insects on the targets. The instructors recommended a gun called Taurus Judge for most of the girls attending and I was able to try my hand at this gun also...but it seemed to have a lot of kick to me.
I did get to try a machine gun (although I don't know the exact name) and didn't really care for it.

After a lunch break, most of teh girls went home..I chose to stay and did a second round on a lot of the ranges. There was even a paintball gun and I was able to shoot at milk containers and bowling pins...

Sounds like you had fun. Walther makes some fine guns by the way. Do you think you might get one? I have a couple of older Walthers, a A P88 compact and a P5 compact.

Sounds like a great day to me! Kudos to your gun club for putting it on! :) Maybe think of a friend you can take to the next one--share the joy.

Congrtas on a great & safe day,my wife & son r going to the range on saturday.do u have a link to the gun class ?

I'm not sure how to post a link...but you can look it up on the computer. Type in Tusco Rifle Club....somewhere in that area (events?) you can find , Women On Target area complete with pictures. The class was only twenty dollars. I don't think she has put the most current pictures up yet (from October class). I wish I could figure out how to add pictures here, since I and some of the other girls took pictures of each other.

It was so much fun.

Recently I attended the Ladies Shooting Clinic held at the local gun club. I have very little experience with guns. This gun club was honored by the NRA as the outstanding club of the year in 2008. It is on 360 acres.

The day was spent going from the different ranges..trying guns. I did quite well with the M1 carbine (had a scope) and the bucket targets were placed at 100 yards. I also, to my surprise, shot 2 clay pigeons out of 5 tries. My favorite gun was a 9mm Walther.

There was an area set up for rifles (I sat in a sitting position) and the targets were placed at 50 yards...I believe these were called bolt action. These rifles also had scopes on them and were extremely accurate..some of us began to aim at the flying insects on the targets. The instructors recommended a gun called Taurus Judge for most of the girls attending and I was able to try my hand at this gun also...but it seemed to have a lot of kick to me.
I did get to try a machine gun (although I don't know the exact name) and didn't really care for it.

After a lunch break, most of teh girls went home..I chose to stay and did a second round on a lot of the ranges. There was even a paintball gun and I was able to shoot at milk containers and bowling pins...

Good for you!

My wife and I participated in a "Women on Target" event this year at our club. She and I both enjoy introducing the sport of shooting to women who have never shot a firearm; of have a mis-understanding of the people who like firearms.

that's great!

starting in Jan. if I can swing it between school, the local gun club has every other Wed. open to the public to shoot indoors...and I'd like to start going

that's great!

starting in Jan. if I can swing it between school, the local gun club has every other Wed. open to the public to shoot indoors...and I'd like to start going

I really hope you can swing it.

My wife works full-time and going to school to get her masters in "Natural" medicine. She also takes care of two kids and a disabled husband (me).

She has to shoot just to relieve stress from time to time. (Shooting is therapeutic.):biggrin:

Good Luck!
Tim

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back