Ladies, How Do You Carry?

Yrose

I really want to hear from the ladies. How do you carry and in what product (ie supertuck, galco purse). There is a thread in the concealed carry section about this, but found only men really answering this.

I currently carry IWB a Bersa 380 in an Ace suede holster around 4 or 5 o'clock on a good nylon belt. I am a BBW and do find this fairly comfortable most of the time. Sometimes it digs in when sitting. Occasionally I'll put it in my purse, but really don't like to. Too worried about leaving my purse or some one stealing it. I would like to have a pocket carry prefer a Sig p238, but might have to settle on a Ruger LCP

I'm hoping Texas will change the law for the option of open carry. If so I will carry OWB but with a shirt. Don't really want it to show all the time. But it would be nice to not have to worry about if it flashes some one. I would also switch to my Beretta 92.

Just trying to find the most comfortable for me

I'll answer for my daughter -- she carries a Kel-Tec P11 in a Kholster in a SOB (actually just slightly right of center.)

How do you carry [ladies]?

I carry IWB--it conceals better for me since I am often moving about and lifting/reaching for things.

I carry a Kahr MK9 in a custom holster from UBG Holsters in the 2 o'clock position pretty much daily.

I will occasionally carry my H&K USP compact in a custom UBG Holster in the 5 o'clock position. It is simply a bigger grip and harder to conceal.

Open carry at home: either gun will ride OWB at the 3 o'clock position in either a Serpa or a Fobus--both are great for speed and retention, although the Serpa you have to actively hit the release lever (not a hard thing since your index finger should be in the correct position anyway....)

Good luck--I know it takes a while and a lot of experimentation to find the right fit of gun AND holster ...

new purse

Hi, I wanted to comment on how you carry, I always was afraid as a mother and grandmother to carry a gun in my purse, or on me for that matter, but I was afraid to be without it, at night shopping or traveling. I recently bought a purse from this site it is "MyGunPurses.com" I absolutely love it, it has a hidden compartment in the center, you can actually lock it with a little key. It is wonderful, I will never carry the old way again. Now, I can carry without worrying about my grandson who is 5 getting in my purse or accidently dropping it when getting in my purse. It has a holster built in. Ladies you really need to try these. Thanks for letting me share.

Hi, I wanted to comment on how you carry, I always was afraid as a mother and grandmother to carry a gun in my purse, or on me for that matter, but I was afraid to be without it, at night shopping or traveling. I recently bought a purse from this site it is "MyGunPurses.com" I absolutely love it, it has a hidden compartment in the center, you can actually lock it with a little key. It is wonderful, I will never carry the old way again. Now, I can carry without worrying about my grandson who is 5 getting in my purse or accidently dropping it when getting in my purse. It has a holster built in. Ladies you really need to try these. Thanks for letting me share.

I got my wife a gun purse from my local gun shop it's made by gun toten mamas and she loves it. It has a steel cable down the middle of the shoulder strap to keep it from being cut off you.

Link Removed

That's the one I got her but they have all sizes and colors. You should check them out.

I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.

I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.

Research Comp-tac holsters they have two outstanding holsters(MTAC and the CTAC). Also check out UBG holsters he makes outstanding handmade leather holsters. The bersa 380 is a outstanding firearm I picked one up for my wife (two tone) with crimson trace grips. She did not really care for it so we sold it. This time I let her pick the firearm and she picked the Ruger SR9C.

How do I carry?

Who can access a weapon from their " pocketbook" ?? if it's not strapped to your body what's the point? I just wish I was taller so I could carry bigger. Discretion rules.

Who can access a weapon from their " pocketbook" ?? if it's not strapped to your body what's the point? I just wish I was taller so I could carry bigger. Discretion rules.

Lots of women and even men carry firearms like that. Some people just don't want to carry a firearm on their body. I have a Maxexpedition jumbo edc bag that has a ccw compartment. But I like to have my firearm on my body or locked in the safe. When I first talked my wife into getting her permit and carrying. She did not want to carry it on her so we got her a gun purse. To me having her armed was all that mattered at the time. Now she is ready to carry in a IWB holster on her body. Some people just need time to work up to it. Still others will never feel ok about carrying on their body.

Try a kholster Link Removed . The holster is very similar to the Crossbreed and Jimmy offers a 90-day no questions money back warranty. Even if you trim on it to customize it to your needs/tastes the warranty remains good. If you don't like it, send it back during the warranty period and get your money back. I doubt that you'll take advantage of the warranty, though. I carry a Rock Island Armory 1911CSP and my daughter carries a Kel-Tec P11 in one and it is about as comfortable a holster as any I've seen.

Well I am a newbie here but wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I carry a Ruger LCP 380 with Crimson Trace Laser in my waist all the time. It is so small and light I can wear it while jogging in my tank and shorts. I also carry my Bersa Thunder 380 in cooler weather when I have on heavier workout clothes or jeans.
Then of course I keep my Lady Smith 9mm in my truck between my seat and console where I can get my hands on it pronto quick if needed.
I have other handguns that will probably do the job faster but if it is not comfy enough for me to carry all the time regardless of what I am wearing, it is not going to do me much good.
Learn to shoot accuratley in stessful situations. That is key... If you can put those rounds where you need to, then it doesn't matter if it is a 380 critical defense or something much larger with more stopping power. Keeping it zipped up in your purse and especially with a childproof latch won't help you when you have ony seconds to react.

Thanks for the information on the holsters I'll be looking into them. I also have a Colt Goverment 380, but unless I practice point and shoot the sites on that gun are horrible. I've been offered a trade for a Sig P238, but just not sure, they (gun range/store) jumped really quick when they saw it.

How old is the colt goverment 380,is it in good shape,does it have origanal papers and case and such?
You might wanna look into what the price is for your paticular model.dealers/shops dont jump that quick for nothing.theres a reason behind it.
I bought a shorty40 for alot cheaper than they should have sold it for.i decided i wanted to put that one away after i found out the history on it.I went back to the same shop a week or 2 later to buy another for concealed,and they bugged me about buying back.for a couple of months they bugged me.at the time,I bought it for 640 or so,but was worth near 1000.so definately check yours out first.

i read recently that someone is making a kind of neckless holster for north american arms mini-revolvers. as i understand it the gun is out of sight, ah, well anyway. im trying not to offend anyone or make jokes. a friend of mine likes the mini-revolvers and asked if any ladies either have experiance with these holsters. i said i would ask. any honest feed-back is appreciated.

It depends on what I'm wearing. My main carry pistol is a Sig P232 (.380). Around the house (often in sweats) I have a Smart Carry I wear. Out and about, I have a Comp-tac kydex IWB holster I wear at ten o'clock (I'm a leftie). If the waistline of my outfit is snug, I wear a Deep Conceal shoulder rig (cross carry) that puts it up on the right side below my arm. For times I also want to carry a back-up, or if the clothing is impossible for concealment, I have a purse from Gun Toten Mamas that fits either my Sig or my Taurus 709 Slim (9mm). I much prefer to carry on-body because of the possibility of being separated from one's purse (accidentally or by force). It does have reinforcing wire in the strap to prevent it from being cut off by a thief. I also have a leather High Noon IWB holster for the Taurus. My husband finally understands -- holsters are like shoes: you can never have too many!

I bought my wife a Kel-tec PF-9 with a Crimson Trace laser. She doesn't have her CCW yet so she can't carry, but when she does, I know she'll start out in her purse. She's not going to go along with switching purses for a gun purse. What do I get her to hold it in place in a pocket of her present purse?

I bought my wife a Kel-tec PF-9 with a Crimson Trace laser. She doesn't have her CCW yet so she can't carry, but when she does, I know she'll start out in her purse. She's not going to go along with switching purses for a gun purse. What do I get her to hold it in place in a pocket of her present purse?

You can order a pocket holster for her. Carrying in a none gun purse can be risky. Make sure she carries it in a compartment that has nothing in it but the firearm.

My wife and I are waiting for our license, but she has the ruger lcp, its awesome so light and powerful. Im actually considering getting one too simply because of the size. She wants to carry in a purse, but im gonna get her a iwb holster also. Its too far if its in a purse thats usually zipped or closed IMO.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back