Ladies, How Do You Carry?

Still working on this one....I have a few holsters right now. So far, I like my Remora best. But as ladies, we need multiple options and I am trying to find different ways to carry for different situations. My current challenge is trying to figure out how to carry while I run. I wear tight fitting clothes and it is presenting a challenge. Considering a pack.

Still working on this one....I have a few holsters right now. So far, I like my Remora best. But as ladies, we need multiple options and I am trying to find different ways to carry for different situations. My current challenge is trying to figure out how to carry while I run. I wear tight fitting clothes and it is presenting a challenge. Considering a pack.

If you are talking about tight fitting sports wear with no pockets then a fanny/belly pack is probably you're only good alternative. Concealment isn't the only problem here, you don't want the thing bouncing out onto the ground while you're running either. That will require something with some really good retention.

I carry a Sig P238 in a MicroClip Crossbreed at about 5 o'clock. It is so comfortable with the right pair of jeans that I usually dont feel it at all. I use a heavy leather belt with it as well. I have never been comfortable carrying in a purse because if someone steals your purse, they also have your gun, leaving you defenseless. BTW I was one that didnt like guns, I had a fear of them from a childhood experience. But with my husbands persistance and understanding I came to the conclusion that I was better off becoming comfortable and protecting myself and kids...it took a while but I feel naked without my gun now.

I have three guns, a Ruger LCR revolver in a IWB Crossbreed, A S&W M&P 9 compact in a IWB Whitehat and a LCP in a IWB holster. I carry all of them just in front of my hip and adjust it low so it conceals better with a cant down. I have trimed the bottom of the leather so it doesn't cut when sitting and they are pretty comfortable.

I carry a Sig P238 in a MicroClip Crossbreed at about 5 o'clock. It is so comfortable with the right pair of jeans that I usually dont feel it at all. I use a heavy leather belt with it as well. I have never been comfortable carrying in a purse because if someone steals your purse, they also have your gun, leaving you defenseless. BTW I was one that didnt like guns, I had a fear of them from a childhood experience. But with my husbands persistance and understanding I came to the conclusion that I was better off becoming comfortable and protecting myself and kids...it took a while but I feel naked without my gun now.

It takes a lot of guts to overcome those old fears. Good job to hubby and congratulations to you.

I need to buy an actual gun purse for the occasional time I store it there. I don't care to do that often, because I've been known to leave it unattended. I want to try a Crossbreed or Galco supertuck. I just hate to spend the money on something and then not like it. That's why I'm looking at those two, because of the great reviews.

I've bought 3 concealed carry purses and really don't care too much for any of them. Then I bought a pocket holster for my Ruger LCP. It's great. I can always carry in a purse if I need to, but like you mentioned, I'm afraid of leaving it somewhere. I do that fairly regularly. Plus, it might not be right in my hand if I need it.
Something else I'll mention that my CC instructor recommended is the new "Flash Bang" holster. I think that's what it was called. It fastens to a bra and his wife swears by hers. That's her holster of choice now.

I carry a Kimber 45 Ultra Crimson Carry II in a Fobus OWB holster. I layer clothing & yes, in warmer weather I'll have to be more conscious of how well I'm concealing. But the holster is very comfortable & holds my Kimber securely while still being an easy draw. I also have a Galco suede IWB holster that I had a bit of leather added to better secure my weapon. I did find it more difficult to draw from than the Fobus, but it concealed more easily. I do plan to try out a shoulder rig of some sort, any suggestions?

I have different holsters for the different ways I dress. When I carry my N=Beretta Nano I use either my Remora, my Flashbang, my Ultra Tech compression shirt or my PJ's holster. I also have a Glock 19 and a Remora and a PJ's kydex and my compression shirt. I also have a .38 that I carry in a Remora or a Flashbang. I find that I use the Remora as a grab and go, but if I am on my motorcycle I use the Nano and the comopression shirt, dress pants usually the PJ's and if I have to wear a skirt then usually the flashbang. I do have a purse but I never use it. I am too nervous that I will put it some where and forget it. I like to have the gun on me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back