Ladies, How Do You Carry?

Has anyone tried the bra holster? It's intriguing in theory but I was wondering what it was like in reality.

I have the flashbang and I love it. You have to have the right bra and it has to fit right, but it's the most comfortable way I have found to carry.

Here is a link to Link Removed where the flashbang holster lives. She has many other holsters available, as well as carry purses. I have one of her carry purses I use in my Oklahoma carry classes to show women that option and I have to watch it so it does not walk out the door. Just kidding, but the ladies really like the purse, well made and very useful.

Carrie is a really nice lady who answers her phone and is most helpful.

I hate purses.... just one more thing to keep up with! I use the crossbreed supertuck and it is just as effective under womens clothing with the Ruger SR9c as it is with the Keltec p32. There are few outfits that will not work with this rig. Cheryl

I bought my wife a Kel-tec PF-9 with a Crimson Trace laser. She doesn't have her CCW yet so she can't carry, but when she does, I know she'll start out in her purse. She's not going to go along with switching purses for a gun purse. What do I get her to hold it in place in a pocket of her present purse?

I suggest you look into a Remora holster for her PF-9. No loops, clips, or anything to hold it in place IWB, but it never moves... even wearing sweats. Less than thirty bucks, too! Link Removed

To weekendskp:
A good method for holding a pistol in a purse is the Ohai Modular Holster from Crossbreed. It has sheets of velcro that you stick inside a purse somewhere, and a holster that sticks to the velcro. There is enough velcro to do a couple of purses, and you can move the holster between purses. I have modified a couple of purses this way. You just need to use a purse with firm sides. Purse carry isn't my number one choice -- it's too easy to be separated from your purse. But when it's that or nothing, this is a great system.

Ladies, how do you carry?

I think it is sometimes a problem for the gals to find a holster, as most are made for men. I notices when I bought my latest holster that there was a place in Florida call , simply, The Holster Store. They carry a large selection of holsters for both men and the ladies.
I bought my holster from them. It is called a Pro-Carry Deep Comfort IWB (inside the waste ban) holster. I bought mine over their web site THE HOLSTER STORE | Quality American Holsters, Custom Leather Holsters, Holsters Online. and received my holster in 4 days. I have been totally satisfied with it. No, I do not work for them. Just a satisfied customer. The have a ladies holster section also.

I do not think that a purse carry is a good choice. There is too much crap to sift through in MOST cases. The firearm can snag on material on the draw. Once drawn, the purse must be dropped to the ground, running up from behind and grabbing the purse is a favorite tactic for pickpockets. Just too many things working against a purse for a safe and secure way to CCW. In my classes I have found that most women find the Crossbreed supertuck very comfortable and concealable. The wife used to carry in a purse and I went on a quest to get her out of it. She now uses the CBST for her Ruger .40sc. There are several copycats out there to choose from. Please ladies, try to stay away from the purse and keep your handgun on your person.

I carry on my body at about the 2 o'clock position. I tried at the 4:30 / 5:00 position but that didn't work too well for me. I don't know if that was because of my current holster or not. Carrying near my back hurt everytime I got in the car. I'm thinking of getting a new holster from Crossbred, which may take care of that problem. If not, I like carrying at the 2 o'clock position for now.

I personally cannot see myself ever carrying my gun in a purse, as sometimes I will have my purse, some bags and a drink. My purse is a black hole, that it is hard to find anything in. If a problem comes up, I can drop everything I'm carrying and reach my gun on my body. Plus as I was taught in my CCW class, what happens when the bad guy takes my purse?

I carry on my body at about the 2 o'clock position. I tried at the 4:30 / 5:00 position but that didn't work too well for me. I don't know if that was because of my current holster or not. Carrying near my back hurt everytime I got in the car. I'm thinking of getting a new holster from Crossbred, which may take care of that problem. If not, I like carrying at the 2 o'clock position for now.

I personally cannot see myself ever carrying my gun in a purse, as sometimes I will have my purse, some bags and a drink. My purse is a black hole, that it is hard to find anything in. If a problem comes up, I can drop everything I'm carrying and reach my gun on my body. Plus as I was taught in my CCW class, what happens when the bad guy takes my purse?

I'm considering a belly band, but for now my purse is doing great. If you get a purse made for carrying, the "black hole" issue is not a problem. And if you take a more advanced class (you might need to ask if they cover this) like marksmanship or tactical carry, they cover drawing from a purse, like mine did. I prefer the purse in dark, late night big parking lot type situations because I can have my hand on or near my weapon inside the holster in my purse. And if by some miracle my purse does get snatched (buy a carry purse with uncutable straps to keep that from ever happening) I still come away with my weapon. That's how they're designed.

Good, leave the purse for combs and wallets and all the other stuff. A purse (even a carry purse) is not the best way to go. I teach self defense and how to use a carry purse but the inherent problems still exist. You cannot keep your hand on the weapon, as Walther suggests, the entire time. Letting the purse fall to the ground as you draw is the best method but it is always possible for the weapon to snag on material. Of course, purse snatching is a constant concern. Shooting through the purse is not a good option either. The 2 O'clock position is fine. Keep it there.

Good, leave the purse for combs and wallets and all the other stuff. A purse (even a carry purse) is not the best way to go. I teach self defense and how to use a carry purse but the inherent problems still exist. You cannot keep your hand on the weapon, as Walther suggests, the entire time. Letting the purse fall to the ground as you draw is the best method but it is always possible for the weapon to snag on material. Of course, purse snatching is a constant concern. Shooting through the purse is not a good option either. The 2 O'clock position is fine. Keep it there.

What kind of carry do you recommend for those of us that have to wear dresses to work? Surely a carry purse is a better option than unbuttoning your dress to get to a belly band?

What kind of carry do you recommend for those of us that have to wear dresses to work? Surely a carry purse is a better option than unbuttoning your dress to get to a belly band?

Can you carry at work??? Where do you keep your purse while at work?

I don't wear a dress so I can't recommend a good alternative. I only recommend that you find a way to keep the weapon on your person. Perhaps an ankle carry? If a purse is the only possible way to carry then use it. It's still better than nothing.

Can you carry at work??? Where do you keep your purse while at work?

I don't wear a dress so I can't recommend a good alternative. I only recommend that you find a way to keep the weapon on your person. Perhaps an ankle carry? If a purse is the only possible way to carry then use it. It's still better than nothing.

Yes I can. And it stays in my office with me. When I have to leave my office for a meeting or something I lock it in my desk.

None of my dresses are longer than mid-calf, so an ankle holster won't work.

They do make a bra holster and also a thigh holster that may work for on body carry. What about a shoulder holster with a blazer over the dress? They also make a "day runner" with a separate compartment for your pistol. It's all going to depend on your build and other factors.

Yes I can. And it stays in my office with me. When I have to leave my office for a meeting or something I lock it in my desk.

None of my dresses are longer than mid-calf, so an ankle holster won't work.

Well, I have no answer for you. Perhaps one of the other ladies in here have a solution to this. All dresses button or zip up the back right :confused: Is a dress an absolute must at work? A skirt and blouse would work better.

They do make a bra holster and also a thigh holster that may work for on body carry. What about a shoulder holster with a blazer over the dress? They also make a "day runner" with a separate compartment for your pistol. It's all going to depend on your build and other factors.

Possible solutions!! What is a day runner?

I wear a glock 19 with a cheapie OWB at about 2:30 right now. However, I sometimes wear sweatpants that require a different setup so I'm thinking about checking out the IWB smartcarry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back