Ladies, How Do You Carry?

Has anyone tried a SmartCarry concealed holster--I have been wanting to purchase one for quite a while now, but
haven't taken the plunge yet...?

I carry IWB on side for my Glock 27, and Taurus 9mm. I use a desantis holster and both of these guns fit nicely in the same holster. If I carry my "Barbie gun" (it's a rasberry colored 380 with a crimson trace.) In a pocket holster as a pocket carry. Even though circumstances would make a purse carry more convenient sometimes, I am just not a fan of off the body carry for several reasons . Mainly I don't like the Idea of having my gun stolen with the purse.

I am also interested in how ladies carry as I am new to carrying. My husband recently got me a Ruger LCP 380 and we have ordered the Crossbreed Minituck based on the reviews. Though I will more than likely carry on my body, I am also interested in gun purses for those times when on-the-body carry just won't work. I would like to find a purse that is fashionable as well as functional to carry.

Hey new to the forums. Just saw this thread and wondered if any of you ladies had tried out a Raven Concealment holster IWB. I gave my fiancee a Springfield Armory XD9 sub compact a couple years ago and she has finally decided she wants to carry. I ordered her a pink Raven Phantom and some IWB soft loops but the more I read it seems like most of the women are running crossbreeds. So my question is... should I go ahead and order a crossbreed or has anybody had luck with a phantom?

just bought an IWB holster from n82tactical.com....for my springfield XD-S single stack 45...got their original holster..waiting for their professional line. carrying at 1-2 o'clock for now...it's more comfortable when i am sitting.

Pocketbooks were invented by men to keep women from ruling the world. You spend so much time trying to keep up with the thing that world domination is impossible. Body carry and rule the world!

I, too, suggest on body if possible, but when the situation or clothing will not allow, I have an insert that velcros into my purse. (This allows me to move it from purse to purse as I need). The insert has has loops sewn into it that the clip on my holster catches on. My gun is always on top, at the ready, in the same spot. This insert was only like $15 (with the holster and metal clip). They come in different sizes to fit different purses (I picked a medium size one so it fits in all my purses with a little velcro sewn into my purse liner). I picked it up at a local gun show at a vendor that sold all those high dollar gun purses. I do suggest practice drawing and shooting from the purse. But I love it. And the holster that came with it is my everuday holster. The metal belt clip is asjustable from left to right side so I can carry in my pant line, outside my belt, and for leftovers and righties.

My lovely bride carries her kahr p380 in a desantis summer heat IWB, when she purse carries the same holster clips right into a inside pocket in her purse. It fits nice and snug, real easy access.

I am finding new kind of concealment: using fabrics that wrap around the torso ... but would be awkward for women because of our bazooms getting in the way! I don't use a belt so what to do?

I don't use a belt so what to do?
I suggest start wearing a good gun belt for concealed carry with an "Old Faithful Holster" for reasons of accessibility and stability. Google it, they are inexpensive for some assembly required. they're Pretty comfortable and can conceal just almost any handgun out there very well even with the shirt tucked in if u know how. I did have to unholster in the car once on a long drive though. it's an inside the waist band (IWB) holster that provides a few different options and is adjustable for ride height and cant . The only other carry method I've tried was an OWB. Both worn in the small of the back. Which was comfortable, stable, and accessible, but a little more difficult to conceal because my gun has a 5" barrel. So I mostly wore it open. There are options for carryin the thigh and ankle,around the stomach and even in a bra. Google bra holster. But chances are u will just have to try out a few for a while to find one that suits you and your wardrobe. Good luck.

Has anyone tried the bra holster? It's intriguing in theory but I was wondering what it was like in reality.

i have a crossbreed supertuck at 3;30 carrys really really well and comfortable i don't know it's there for the most part put it on and forget about it unless of course i may need it...........

Buying holsters should not be this hard... but for me it is - I have an LCP and Sig P938, I just want comfortable. I just hope at the next gun show I will find the one! Well 2 :)

I carry a ruger lcp in my pocket at times when the pants actually have pockets big enough (rare).

But mostly I carry my glock 26 in a flashbang holster (bra holster). I love it!

I'm new to concealed carry but I love my flashbang holster!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back