knife laws

kb0wzh

Hello, I moved to Missouri Jan 1, 2015 and I was wondering about carrying a folder and straight blade. I need to know about size of blades, opening style and about concealed and/or open carry. I lived in a few states and countries in my time and things can be very different from place to place. Thanks in advance.

Every state has different knife laws.

You need to google your state's knife laws. Google is your friend.

Some states have very strict detailed knife laws.

Other states have none at all.

Some states only have knife laws pertaining to people with prior felony records.

Every state has different knife laws.

You need to google your state's knife laws. Google is your friend.

Some states have very strict detailed knife laws.

Other states have none at all.

Some states only have knife laws pertaining to people with prior felony records.
And in some states there isn't any preemption (means state law trumps local laws) and cities, counties, and townships can make their own knife ordinances (laws) that might be more strict than the state's laws.

And for those who carry a knife please note that it is the responsibility of the person carrying the knife to know all of that so it would be wise to do a search of your state's knife laws before carrying a knife.

And in some states there isn't any preemption (means state law trumps local laws) and cities, counties, and townships can make their own knife ordinances (laws) that might be more strict than the state's laws.

And for those who carry a knife please note that it is the responsibility of the person carrying the knife to know all of that so it would be wise to do a search of your state's knife laws before carrying a knife.
I will agree with Bikenut, and add that it is the responsibility of everyone to know all the local laws.

And in particular if they carry any sort of weapon, they must know the laws for each.

For example, my city has a ridiculous leash law for cats. Nobody follows it. But if the cops see me walking with my cat and the cat is not on a leash I can get a fine.

Less lethal weapons can be lethal; they're merely less lethal. And dead is dead. How one is transformed to that condition is immaterial, for the outcome is the same: dead.

A knife is not a less lethal weapon, practically speaking and legally speaking. This forum doesn't have a knife section or an other weapons section. This results in knife questions being asked in the less lethal section, hence my comment.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back