Kinf of funny

Scarecrow

(and that of course is supposed to be "kind of funny" can't type today)
so I just got back from the police station with my dad. we went there to transfer ownership. of course I still think it is stupid to make law abiding citizens register their firearms here... but just in case I ever get checked out by a leo I want to make sure the gun is registered to me. so after the paperwork the police cheif comes in and asks to see the gun.. he opens the locked case and starts inspecting it.. saying how nice it feels even though it has some weight to it and that he is used to his light pistol.. so I ask what he uses... he asks me if I shoot much. I say yes. he then takes his gun out and removes the slide and gives me the frame of his glock 23. that part I thought was really cool a police cheif letting me hold his piece. then I give it back and ask what kind of loads he uses. he started kind of stumbling around with his words.. well.. their a hollow point... some kind of jacketed hollow point.. I told him I asked just because I have been reading about the federal hst ammo and that some leo's have been going to that and that's what I use.. he said.. yeah.. I"m not sure.. they are some kind of... then he started picking some letters and put them together and didn't make any sense... it was clear he had no idea what he was using to protect his life... then he said that he has an ammo guy that takes care of that kind of stuff. so we go on our way and my dad starts laughing in the car on the way home saying the look on his face... that the cheif knew he met his match. and he was saying that the look on the cheif's face said.. man this guy knows more about this stuff than I do.. so were kind of laughing about it all the way home.. kinda funny. thought I would share.

Last edited:
At least he didn't shoot himself in the foot when he took it out. That is always a plus.

Being a Chief & all, I'm actually surprised he knew how to take his slide off...

Supply usually hands out bullets that came from the cheapest vendor,... and change them like you change your sox... so we can all HOPE its a decent bullet, but I haven't been surprised when the issued ammo won't penetrate the B pillar of a suspect vehicle from 3 feet.

Being a Chief & all, I'm actually surprised he knew how to take his slide off...
+1 to that! :icon_biggrin:

Supply usually hands out bullets that came from the cheapest vendor,... and change them like you change your sox... so we can all HOPE its a decent bullet, but I haven't been surprised when the issued ammo won't penetrate the B pillar of a suspect vehicle from 3 feet.

Hence why it is important for LEO to fire at least one box of "duty ammo" on the range and have the new batch of ammo randomly tested for proper performance.

It's important to not mess around when lives can be at stake. :eek:

I'm surprised that the Chief didn't have the usual "canned" response;

"We use expanding hollow point ammunition that's purchased from a list of vendors that provide ammuniton that meets the high department specifications. I've heard about the [brand] ammunition that you're talking about. Our department is currently testing the ammunition to see if it would be a good choice for our department."

gf

That's interesting. I have been thinking about getting me an ammo guy. i wonder if his is available.

Yikes. Can you buy your own ammo for on-duty purposes? That would be better than getting rounds of unknown quality, which sounds like a great way to end up dead. :dood:

Yikes. Can you buy your own ammo for on-duty purposes? That would be better than getting rounds of unknown quality, which sounds like a great way to end up dead. :dood:

The answer to the posters question is:

"That would be against policy."

Let me unequivocally state for the record that I always had the issued ammo in my firearm...;)

... But I also kept a few extra full mags of other than issued in a convenient and easy to locate storage area for when the Brass wasn't inspecting... LOL

I drew the line the year they began issuing "Wolf" reloads...

Let me unequivocally state for the record that I always had the issued ammo in my firearm...;)

... But I also kept a few extra full mags of other than issued in a convenient and easy to locate storage area for when the Brass wasn't inspecting... LOL

Wolf is bad enough, but Wolf "reloads"? That's just wrong. I don't blame you for having other ammo.

gf

gotta respect the one's who care enough about their life to know and trust what they are carrying...

Are you sure this guy wasn't just playing a dumb role or feigning a lack of knowledge on his ammo? I have a hard time believing that he could be so unknowledgeable about the ammo that he is using in his duty weapon. Sure, I have heard about some pretty incompetent LEOs in my day, but this just seems to incredible to be true.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back