Kimber Solo

sbubrick

Back from the Clark County Shooting Park yesterday! Waited till today to post this! I have a Solo CDP LG that now has 650 rounds through it. I loaded the 6 standard Magizines and 2 extended with 124 gr. reloads. Almost every round locked back and failed to feed. About 20 of them failed to eject. Perchased a box of new WWB 124 gr. 50 rounds and had the same results.
Not a happy camper!
Pulled out my Kel-Tec PF9 9 ( that I hate ) and ran 100 more of the reloads that I had through it. Not one problem. I have owned it for about 10 years.
I paid a little over $1200.00 with tax for the Kimber not including the extra Magazines, and about $250.00 before tax for the Kel-Tec.

Guess which one is my new safe Queen?

Given that $1200 is almost a days pay, I would be screaming for a refund for this piece of junk. I am told by more knowledgeable shooters that anything made by human hands is subject to having problems, it just seems Springfield is a little too human to ever sell me a gun.

Back from the Clark County Shooting Park yesterday! Waited till today to post this! I have a Solo CDP LG that now has 650 rounds through it. I loaded the 6 standard Magizines and 2 extended with 124 gr. reloads. Almost every round locked back and failed to feed. About 20 of them failed to eject. Perchased a box of new WWB 124 gr. 50 rounds and had the same results.
Not a happy camper!
Pulled out my Kel-Tec PF9 9 ( that I hate ) and ran 100 more of the reloads that I had through it. Not one problem. I have owned it for about 10 years.
I paid a little over $1200.00 with tax for the Kimber not including the extra Magazines, and about $250.00 before tax for the Kel-Tec.

Guess which one is my new safe Queen?

It could be the ammo...I have heard some similar stories about white box ammo causing malfunctions.

I have personally witnessed for to many problems with KIMBER.The latest one being a 45 that wouldn't chamber after 50 or so rounds.can't tell you how many jams and stovepipe. I was laughing when a gentleman called them while at.the range to talk to them about the situation(wouldn't chamber) they informed him that he needed to properly go through the break in period before sending it back which is 250 rds down range.This man was livid asking how the ##!!!###!! Can I properly break in when it won't receive a round.THAT KIND OF SERVICE FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY.I know if you get a.good one they're awsome weapons but WOW

Was at the range one day shooting my plane jane Rem R1. I can hit wherever I aim with it & have had no issues. Guy in the next lane asks me," if I ever shot one of these".It was a Kimber. I said ,"no I have not". Anyway I shoot it, couldn't hit anything with it.
I couldn't explain why, & neither could he. From then on, I have had my doubts about Kimber.
That's alot of $$$ for a safe queen. Hope you can get those issues fixed.

Brother said the guy in the next lane over from him suffered a broken hammer on a high-dollar Kimber. Factory ammo. He was pissed.

I had a Solo...and got rid of it. We tried every kind of ammo we could get our hands on, including the recommended stuff. I have shot other Kimbers that I loved and could shoot them well, but the Solo was horrible.

Damn a lot of bashing on Kimber. I have the Tactical II, and with probably 900 Rds of white box and reloads through it I might have had 2 or 3 failures. I love it and its my carry gun anytime I feel like OC'ing. Couldn't explain why everyone else is having issues.

Damn a lot of bashing on Kimber. I have the Tactical II, and with probably 900 Rds of white box and reloads through it I might have had 2 or 3 failures. I love it and its my carry gun anytime I feel like OC'ing. Couldn't explain why everyone else is having issues.

I am not bashing Kimber. I love my Ultra Carry II, that gun is awesome. I just hated the Solo.

I have two Kimbers! The Solo listed in the first post, and a Ultra CDP II in .45 cal. The .45 is fantastic, never had a problem with it. Bought it on a recommendation from a coworker. The Solo has been just the opposite.

I have one, it is extremely reliable with 124 or 147 gr Hollow points. Also check the slide lock back - if it doesn't catch/engage that tiny little arm of the spring on reassembly, it will lock back every time.

Well........... First chance to get to a range and refire my Solo CDP LG after talking with Kimber about my Jam "O" Matic, they suggested I watch a 15 second video. I did and gave them the benefit of doubt, as I had already striped the gun to clean. Back at it today, and almost all rounds in the magazines had a failure to eject. I ran 4 magazines or 24 rounds. Was firing Federal 124 as prescribed. I believe only 5 cycled properly. Not bad for a $1200.00 gun. Oh and one of the retaining screws for the grip dropped out in my hand, so it was not lost. I will be talking to Kimber in the morning.......

In 2003 I was talked into a Kel-Tec PF9. I purchased it for about $265.00. I never liked the gun! Used it to qualify for my CCW the last few times. Have used any and all ammo in it, It has never failed. Spend a grand more for a Kimber and get a failure most every time. Go figure........................

My Kimber CDP Ultra II .45 is flawless never had a problem........... It was the reason for the purchase of the Solo, Wanted a smaller carry piece!

The Kimber Solo is a terrific gun, but very notorious for being very finicky about their ammo. 124gr is the minimum recommended load according to Kimber, but even factory loads fail regularly in the Solo. If in doubt, watch Hickock45's review of the Solo since even he encountered failures (25:30 mark in the youtube video)

The Kimber Solo is a terrific gun, but very notorious for being very finicky about their ammo. 124gr is the minimum recommended load according to Kimber, but even factory loads fail regularly in the Solo.

Sorry, any gun in which "factory loads fail regularly", cannot be considered a "terrific gun", or even an adequate gun in my book. Like a said, I'm a big Kimber fan but this gun needs some serious work apparently.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back